Surprising but welcomed progress Oo

darkevilhum

Every time a "random" function will be used then the system may not be in synch anymore.

But can be synced up afterwards.

I always loved the idea of making a singleplayer RPG coop-compatible.

Yes and no.

All depends if the result of the random generation will have visible or invisible consequences. Like starting a scene.

For sure it "may" be synch afterwards but it will be really difficult for "sexual oriented mods" that do random stuff.

Every time a "random" function will be used then the system may not be in synch anymore.

But can be synced up afterwards.

I always loved the idea of making a singleplayer RPG coop-compatible.

Yes and no.

All depends if the result of the random generation will have visible or invisible consequences. Like starting a scene.

For sure it "may" be synch afterwards but it will be really difficult for "sexual oriented mods" that do random stuff.

That's why there's a server running, instead of direct P2P communication.

The server receives the information from player 1 (the random thing he did) and then sends it to the other players.

Then it's not random anymore. Player 1 climaxes on Machine 1, server tells Player 2 on Machine 2 that he did.

That's why there's a server running, instead of direct P2P communication.

The server receives the information from player 1 (the random thing he did) and then sends it to the other players.

Then it's not random anymore. Player 1 climaxes on Machine 1, server tells Player 2 on Machine 2 that he did.

To have a full synchronization, you need to exchange too much data. Not feasible.

So maybe there is some intelligent way to synchronize. I suppose the "visual items" are synchronized before the non-visual stuff. (Just a guess.)

But again, random quick items may never be synchronized.

They may end before a synchro attempt will be done.

But again, we are just guessing here.

Archived