WickedWhims v179a [2024-04-01]

I think today's patch (Sims version 1.24.102.1020) may have broken WW. :(

No sims (or really any object) are selectable after I updated to 1.24 if WW is installed. 

Keeping all other mods in place except WW, and everything's back to normal, so I assume WW is where the issue is. 

Getting the same issue with mine.

Me too  :(

Ugh, every time they release a new patch, it's inevitable that something breaks and then I gotta go through all my mods to figure out exactly which mod is wreaking havoc on my game. I can't even click the Play button to START my game. I just keep clicking it over and over but nothing happens. I've already removed WW but I still can't play my game. Goddammit...

Quit Origin and will work 

It was actually the UI Cheats Extension mod I downloaded from Mod The Sims that was causing that particular problem. Luckily, the creator was super quick in releasing an updated version of the mod and now it works fine. Still, I appreciate your help!

WW is still broken, tho. But hopefully it's something that Turbodriver can fix easily enough, and soon.

As well as WW being broken MC Commander is broken, my teens won't have wooho with adults or family members.

Oh well fuck this game until both of these are fixed. I ain't even turning it on to find out what else is messed up. WW improved the stories in my game and when I left, two hot Sims just got engaged and were banging on the edge of the beach in Windenburg. Ain't no point without these!

Well, to be fair, it was a huge update and even fixed that popup bubble getting stuck that we've been complaining about for 2 years now. I really don't give two craps one way or the other about houses having moods, though. Hopefully, Deaderpool (MC Command Center) and TurboDriver can tweak their mods to accommodate all the changes.

Until City Living comes out and breaks everything again.

Guest tweencybervirus

With every patch expect script mods like WW and MCC to always get broken. Don't try to use them until they are updated. Same with any mod. The patch just released today and it does take awhile for us modders to check our mods and update them (trust me I wish I could snap my fingers and the mod would update itself lol) be patient guys, I'm sure Turbo is working on an update as we speak

I wanted to play tonight... huge disappointment :(

I hate this kind of wild update !! Let me choose if I want to update ! Let me play when I want to play instead loosing my time waiting the update ! ... and of course braking nice mods in the same way :@

I hope the work to do to everything working again is not too big.

So I just found this mod and thankfully I got to play around with it yesterday, before the patch. What I can't tell is if Wicked Whim's Woohoo has any affect on Woohoo-related wishes or a Flirty mood. It seemed like my couple had to Woohoo the old-fashioned way to get wish fulfillment and stuff. Is WW intended to work without affecting goals?

Hi, I am having a problem with the Mods. When I click my sims 4, open it and go to play a game; I begin to have issues. The bottom half where I can see their levels (if they are hungry, or sleepy or their hygiene is low) is completely gone. Along with their screenshot at the bottom where I can click their face and change the sim I am playing. I can't click on objects in the house to get them to interact or anything. They are just roaming freely. When I disable the Mods and restart the game, everything is fine; but once I give the Mods permission to work and I go back to play the issue happens all over again. Please help!

I hate when after update of game...mod doesn't work...and whole game is buging   :@  :@  :@

because EA leaves us no choice when we want update if at all... 

I HATE IT. 

With every patch expect script mods like WW and MCC to always get broken. Don't try to use them until they are updated. Same with any mod. The patch just released today and it does take awhile for us modders to check our mods and update them (trust me I wish I could snap my fingers and the mod would update itself lol) be patient guys, I'm sure Turbo is working on an update as we speak

I agree with you, But:

When a studio/company launces a game that is able and easy to be moded, it is because they wamt it to be moded. They have even incorporated a way to share "mods" through the game itself (gallery). They do this so the game will be active (and selling) for more time. So in my opinion, a company that respects it's fans/clients, and not just their money, could just do this:

They could monitor the saaaaay 5 top/most popular/most usefull mods, check them with the upcoming patch, and if they break, they cound just sent the patch (or allow them to downolad it early, so there will not be any extra work packing it) to those moders saying:

Hey, dude the next update will break your mod, it will launche in 2/4/6 days. That's how much time you got to fix it.

It takes what, 30 minutes to do it? So I guess EA does not have that much time to do this for their clients.!

And no, it's not about the 30 minutes or 2 days that it will take you modders to update you'r mod. It's about the fact that righ now I can wright a furious post claiming that EA stands for Enormous A$$... ahem, because they broke my moded game and get the next version dedicated to me....again :dodgy:  :D ....while if they had notified Turodriver, I could wright a furious post about someone else being an a$$..ahem, and get the next version dedicated to me!  :P  :P  :P

In other words, it's about something that is called Marketing. And they don't have it ( at least when it comes to all of their games communities). When people support you'r product, you don't just screw their work whenever you feel like it. Their are part of your product. ! You have to consider that!

What posts do you thing you would be reading here if a patch for WW was already ready because Turbodriver would have posted that EA had sented it to him 3 days ago and he has already fixed it?

Hey! First, thank you for the mod. It makes the Sims more interesting, I think. 

In regards to the gender restrictions option, I think it would be a very nice addition to be able to set the sex position flags for a single sim (only in household maybe?) as woman/man/either. When I want my sim (in same sex scenarios) to be in the female position for an animation, or the receiving animation for an MM animation, because I have to initiate it, they always end up on top. If we could set gender animation flags for the sim then we could make it so they always use a certain position when initiating sex. I think this would be a nice quality of life change rather than "oh, wrong positions, let's switch" which ends up feeling like I'm posing them rather than "this is what my sims do". Thank you!

Hey! First, thank you for the mod. It makes the Sims more interesting, I think. 

In regards to the gender restrictions option, I think it would be a very nice addition to be able to set the sex position flags for a single sim (only in household maybe?) as woman/man/either. When I want my sim (in same sex scenarios) to be in the female position for an animation, or the receiving animation for an MM animation, because I have to initiate it, they always end up on top. If we could set gender animation flags for the sim then we could make it so they always use a certain position when initiating sex. I think this would be a nice quality of life change rather than "oh, wrong positions, let's switch" which ends up feeling like I'm posing them rather than "this is what my sims do". Thank you!

THIS! I keep having to switch my sims' positions. It'd be nice to be able to flag someone as one or another :\

When a studio/company launces a game that is able and easy to be moded, it is because they wamt it to be moded. They have even incorporated a way to share "mods" through the game itself (gallery). They do this so the game will be active (and selling) for more time. So in my opinion, a company that respects it's fans/clients, and not just their money, could just do this:

They could monitor the saaaaay 5 top/most popular/most usefull mods, check them with the upcoming patch, and if they break, they cound just sent the patch (or allow them to downolad it early, so there will not be any extra work packing it) to those moders saying:

Hey, dude the next update will break your mod, it will launche in 2/4/6 days. That's how much time you got to fix it.

It takes what, 30 minutes to do it? So I guess EA does not have that much time to do this for their clients.!

And no, it's not about the 30 minutes or 2 days that it will take you modders to update you'r mod. It's about the fact that righ now I can wright a furious post claiming that EA stands for Enormous A$$... ahem, because they broke my moded game and get the next version dedicated to me....again :dodgy:  :D ....while if they had notified Turodriver, I could wright a furious post about someone else being an a$$..ahem, and get the next version dedicated to me!  :P  :P  :P

In other words, it's about something that is called Marketing. And they don't have it ( at least when it comes to all of their games communities). When people support you'r product, you don't just screw their work whenever you feel like it. Their are part of your product. ! You have to consider that!

What posts do you thing you would be reading here if a patch for WW was already ready because Turbodriver would have posted that EA had sented it to him 3 days ago and he has already fixed it?

I can understand your frustration, but let's be real here...

Do you realize just how many mods actually exist for this game? This is not something that would only take "30 minutes" to screen, and EA is not going to work their patches around a sex mod. I seriously doubt EA would hit up a random creator like Turbodriver and be like, "Yo man, we love your hardcore sex mod for our game that's rated T for Teen! BTW, we tested your mod along with the thousands of other mods we play with and learned that our next patch will break your mod. So you can have the patch early to figure out what broke it."

Read EA's policy on mods...

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/

It plainly says right there...

"Maxis strives to support the creativity of our community. We know that, for many of you, Mods are an important part of your game experience.  For that reason, we support a framework in The Sims 4 that makes it easier for you to install and use Mods.  Maxis doesn’t pre-screen, endorse or specifically support any particular Mod.  You should use Mods with caution and understand there may be risk. Because Maxis cannot screen or otherwise support any particular Mod, Mods that previously caused no issues for users may cause problems after an Update, especially a significant Update that corresponds with an Expansion Pack or Game Pack. By disabling Mods when we update, we hope to limit any disruption or problems with your game play and provide you with the opportunity to decide whether to reinstall those Mods."

That's pretty much your "pre-patch warning" right there, man. It's extremely unrealistic to expect EA/Maxis to test themselves what mods break for every patch they make, and to then submit exclusive early access to the patch for a select random number of modders. Especially since some mods may break with a patch, some may be perfectly fine. Who's deciding what the "top 5 mods" are? You? Well sure, but everyone has their own opinion on what the best mod is. There are a lot of people who probably don't want a mod like this, and it would be highly unlikely that EA would privately contact Turbo about this (let alone any modder) and give them exclusive early access to a patch "just because." No company does that. Most modders already know this. Weerbesu, for example (a popular modder over at MTS), updated his popular "UI Cheats Extension" mod literally within hours after EA released this patch and just asked people to redownload it.

So again, while I understand your frustration, let's not start trashing EA/Maxis for simply following their own policy on mods (which is pretty much standard across the entire video game industry that allows for modding).