Remove a mod. Instant crash. ?? Anyone know why?

xenic

First off, thanks for taking the time to read this. 

Okay, on to the weirdness. When I unistall any mod  and then try to load a save it was on, I CTD. For example, tonight it was the sexy scientist clothes. I saw them on an npc, didn't like it, uninstalled it, loaded the save and boom. CTD. I never had the issue until recently. Anyone know why?

Definitely unequip the item before you uninstall the mod, especially if it's a weapon. I remember having an issue in Skyrim where uninstalling a weapon mod while having the weapon equipped would cause an instant CTD upon loading the save. While I've never had that happen to me with clothing or armor, it's always a good idea to unequip before uninstalling anything.

This same issue happens to me. No matter how big or small the mod too. I wanted to remove Zellas Hair Color mod and when I did my game would crash on load. But if i start a new game, its fine. However, I don't want to start over again so I guess I'll have to live with it. It use to not be this way. I did read somewhere(I think it was on steam) that this issue could be caused due to recent updates to them game, but I don't know for sure.

This same issue happens to me. No matter how big or small the mod too. I wanted to remove Zellas Hair Color mod and when I did my game would crash on load. But if i start a new game, its fine. However, I don't want to start over again so I guess I'll have to live with it. It use to not be this way. I did read somewhere(I think it was on steam) that this issue could be caused due to recent updates to them game, but I don't know for sure.

That's what I realized. It seemed to be caused bu some mods that were installed pre update. When you uninstalled those, the game would CTD at the main screen.  

I just had a CTD episode myself uninstalling a mod. What I did was to use loot first, then I had to go back to a save from before I added the suspected one. Took a few tries, but I found a save that would load that was stable. Saved it instantly. I have to replay some, but I'm glad nothing major got nerfed.

Archived