Present the Best Vampir mod. Unholy Darkness

chupa

I use HUD status bars to display various bars and other infos on my HUD. I got bothered by the fact that my mask and/or sun resistance would run out at the most inconvenient times' date=' without warning. So I dug around the scripts and found the info I needed to display on screen. For anyone using HUD status bars in combination with UD, maybe this will be of use to you as well.

Adds 2 timers for your mask darkness and sun resistance.

Adds a bar that empties an hour after you feed, indicating you can get your next blood point. Feed sooner and it refills without giving you a blood point.

A little warning icon that shows your fangs are out and you're not wearing the hood of shadows (to prevent running past an imperial and getting arrested because you forgot to mask after eating that last bandit).

Here's the code for the bars, which goes into your data/ini/hud status bars.ini

; ==== Blood Cravings - A bar that empties in 1 hour after feeding, indicating that you can get another blood point

set tnoHSB.hud_val to sv_Construct "(Vampire.fFeedTime - UnHolyNOW)"
set tnoHSB.hud_color to sv_Construct "HUDcolorPurple"
set tnoHSB.hud_max to sv_Construct "0"
set tnoHSB.hud_min to sv_Construct "-0.0416667"	
set tnoHSB.hud_x to 70
set tnoHSB.hud_y to 99			
SetStage tnoHSB 10

; ==== Sun Hours - Amount of time left before sun damage kicks in. Only decreases at day.
; Color is not needed since only text is displayed
set tnoHSB.hud_val to sv_Construct "Vampire.nSunHourCount"
set tnoHSB.hud_name to sv_Construct "Sun Time: "                                
set tnoHSB.hud_textColor to sv_Construct "1+4*(tnoHSB.val<=0)"	; Green if > 0, Red otherwise                          
set tnoHSB.hud_type to HUDtxtNoBar
set tnoHSB.hud_x to 25
set tnoHSB.hud_y to 99			
SetStage tnoHSB 10 

; ==== Mask Hours - Number of hours left before Mask Darkness runs out.
; Color is not needed since only text is displayed
set tnoHSB.hud_val to sv_Construct "24*(Vampire.fMaskTimer - UnholyNOW)*(Vampire.fMaskTimer > UnholyNOW)"	; mask time left in hours if > 0, else 0
set tnoHSB.hud_name to sv_Construct "Mask Time: "                                
set tnoHSB.hud_textColor to sv_Construct "1+4*(tnoHSB.val<=0)"							;Green if > 0 Red otherwise                          
set tnoHSB.hud_type to HUDtxtNoBar			
SetStage tnoHSB 10 

; ==== Vampire Fangs Visible. Hidden if not visible.
set tnoHSB.hud_color to sv_Construct "HUDcolorOrange*(Vampire.Fangy > 0)"	; Will be 10 (orange) if vampirism is not masked and not wearing hood of shadows, and 0 (invisible) otherwise
set tnoHSB.hud_type to HUDdefault	
set tnoHSB.hud_custom to sv_Construct "Misc\vampire"				; Use vampire icon
set tnoHSB.hud_x to 80
set tnoHSB.hud_y to 99
SetStage tnoHSB 10

Of course you can tweak the hud_x and hud_y components to position it where you want it. For me it has made the mod a lot more playable, since it's much easier to plan your trips into the city when you know how long you have.

[/quote']

I find that the sun resistance timer doesnt work for me, it just keeps showing -1 everything else seems to work fine does anyone have any idea why this is?

Are you old enough for sun resistance? If so, it should go up after you bite someone. Blood potions or fountains don't do the trick, has to be a person.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm' date=' I don't think they should fight unless something altered their disposition. It could be explained by one of them having very high disposition towards you. If someone spots that you're a vampire, they'll attack you and your "friend" will come to the resque, and take a beating instead. You can remain mostly undetected if you wear the Hood of Shadows you get, so long as you don't try to talk to someone who dislikes you when you're too hungry.

[/quote']

I ran into this problem too, it's caused a LOT of hilarious situations.

I was outside of town on one of the main vamp quests, when suddenly sunrise hit... the horses went ballistic as soon as I started bursting into flames. I healed up really quick (Colorwheels bank of cyrodill healing spell works wonders against sun damage) and the guards ran toward me. I thought I was about to get pureed by the guards but they passed me and started slaughtering the horses in the stables! HA!!!

Hi.

It don´t work for me :(

The guy came and bite me' date=' but the nothing happens after three days and later.

Would be nice wen someone could help?

Good night.

[/quote']

Did you try it on a new character or an existing one? I've tried it with a game where I had LTD vampire overhaul before, didn't work. Even though I had never actually become a vampire yet with that character. Only when starting a new character did it work properly. At least make sure you have never been a vampire or played with mods that make changes to the vampire scripts.

Hi.

It don´t work for me :(

The guy came and bite me' date=' but the nothing happens after three days and later.

Would be nice wen someone could help?

Good night.

[/quote']

Did you try it on a new character or an existing one? I've tried it with a game where I had LTD vampire overhaul before, didn't work. Even though I had never actually become a vampire yet with that character. Only when starting a new character did it work properly. At least make sure you have never been a vampire or played with mods that make changes to the vampire scripts.

Yes I try it on a new character and I don´t have any other vampire mods.

Ok' date=' did you get Porphyric Hemophilia when he bit you? And did you not accidentally cure it with a shrine or a cure disease? Are you getting any visual effects, character bending over, skin changing, etc?

[/quote']

Yes I get Porphyric Hemophilia and no I don´t cure it and no I don´t getting any visual effects. :(

Ok, that's strange. Means the scripts from Unholy Darkness are not working. After a few hours of having the disease, you start to look pale, get horrible skin, stop to pant every now and then, sometimes fall over completely when your fatigue runs out, until after 3 days it turns you into a vampire.

Where in your load order is Unholy Darkness? Another mod may be overriding it's script changes. Try putting it lower in your order and see if that changes anything. Best try it on a fresh character, right out the sewer, to see if it works.

Ok' date=' that's strange. Means the scripts from Unholy Darkness are not working. After a few hours of having the disease, you start to look pale, get horrible skin, stop to pant every now and then, sometimes fall over completely when your fatigue runs out, until after 3 days it turns you into a vampire.

Where in your load order is Unholy Darkness? Another mod may be overriding it's script changes. Try putting it lower in your order and see if that changes anything. Best try it on a fresh character, right out the sewer, to see if it works.

[/quote']

It is the last one in my load order.

Guest Deliria

Thankyou for the vamp babyface preset, Vailena now looks like this when she noms:

2051894-1327277685.jpg

justfed.jpg

Oh, and I may be wrong, but I'm sure I heard that somebody used Unholy Darkness alongside Nature of the Beast and it worked fine. Not risking it myself though

Guest Deliria

Can you tell me what's this race' date=' and especially what body texture/mesh replacer is used. I want to get that hot chick next time I play.

Edit: Well there's some hope you can get the player to be like this :D

http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=41746

[/quote']

Yes, I uploaded her yesterday, you found my companion mod! :D

I am ladyvailen on there btw, let me know if the companion/textures/etc works for you, I'm still new to uploading things.

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't become a vampire at the beginning of new game, and become one when you don't get cure on time, how can you contact the other vampires from Unholy Darkness mod? I mean when you become the vampire at the beginning of the game, some vampire contact you first and infects you. I did brief test and even though I was a vampire nobody contacted me.

///Edit: When you're a vampire and enter the chapel you will be instantly killed. Will chapel overhaul Oblivifall - Losing My Religion affect this Unholy Darkness' feature?

• 4 weeks later...

anyone know how to permanently set vampire skin-retex (black veiny textures) on ur character?

that is a shader applied to your character. not technically a skin-retex, so you would have to either:

1) make the shader permanent on your character (making it a spell effect, for example)

2) add veiny textures to your body texture through gimp, photoshop, etc

btw, i came here to ask if anyone knew how to get rid of thralls. i tell them to go away, but they still count towards the max number you can have early-on.

anyone know how to permanently set vampire skin-retex (black veiny textures) on ur character?

that is a shader applied to your character. not technically a skin-retex' date=' so you would have to either:

1) make the shader permanent on your character (making it a spell effect, for example)

btw, i came here to ask if anyone knew how to get rid of thralls. i tell them to go away, but they still count towards the max number you can have early-on.

[/quote']

Why not u just kill them with console or something if 'go away' doesn't satisfy u. btw what software do u use to make a shader into spell effect? and how do u convert a shader .dds file into a compatible layer for ur skin?

that is a shader applied to your character. not technically a skin-retex' date=' so you would have to either:

[/quote']

Why not u just kill them with console or something if 'go away' doesn't satisfy u. btw what software do u use to make a shader into spell effect? and how do u convert a shader .dds file into a compatible layer for ur skin?

the problem with that is that the npcs are essential. "killing them" isn't really an option, since they are involved in a quest.

on the other point, i think you could just use OBSE and the CS for that, though i am not sure (i have never modded oblivion. only skyrim and ancient games like kotor 1/2 and jedi academy). using the similar function of "mask/unmask darkness", i think you could add a spell that could apply the shader, but leave your face and factions the same (the spell won't do anything but run the script which adds the effect). though, i am not certain and i would recommend asking on the UD forum, since the author will answer all of your questions.

though, if you want to know how apply them to your body texture, idk how to do that. i have never touched .dds files in my life.

How do I make my vampire show the fangs? When I feed I see blood on my vampire lips but no vampire teeth that are exposed.

; ==== Blood Cravings - A bar that empties in 1 hour after feeding, indicating that you can get another blood point

set tnoHSB.hud_val to sv_Construct "(Vampire.fFeedTime - UnHolyNOW)"
   set tnoHSB.hud_color to sv_Construct "HUDcolorPurple"
   set tnoHSB.hud_max to sv_Construct "0"
   set tnoHSB.hud_min to sv_Construct "-0.0416667"    
   set tnoHSB.hud_x to 70
   set tnoHSB.hud_y to 99            
   SetStage tnoHSB 10

Also how do I make this bar go away when I am ready for next blood point?

Edit: Okay I got that part with HUD bars.

[spoiler=image]fang-miss_rnqsaxh.jpg

Just after I fed on an orc. The mask is removed and I see no fangs though some blood on lip is present.

Btw I completed quests with first vampire patron Sullivan (I think that was his first name) in Bravil. He sent me to Imperial City. I went to find Madole but I don't get any quests it only says I should go to Unholy Darkness Website and I download second installment. I downloaded this mod before from their website I don't get it...

Archived