Oblivion crashing after pressing new game

After you reinstall the game then I want you to make sure you can play with NO mods enabled.

This will help eliminate that variable from the equation. Then install 1 mod at a time and retest to make sure you can still start the game. Keep doing this procedure of install then test. After installing 2-4 mods you should make a backup of your data folder somewhere. You can do this with a simple copy/paste and then feel free to compress that file to conserve HD space. This way if an install goes bad on you then you don't have to start from step 1. You just delete your data folder and drop in the backup data folder and you are back in business.

This is a great habit to get into as it will save you hours of installing things once your load order grows.

Ok, I think I can help you with this part.

1st we will try the quick fix - go back and follow what I told you to do earlier with changing the oblivion.ini file to oblivion.ini-disabled (remember this is the one where your save games folder is and NOT the one in the main game folder).

Then start the game via oblivion.exe so it generates a new one.

Now try to play with no mods enabled.

If this doesn't work then:

1. Uninstall the game.

2. Make sure that the oblivion folder is gone after uninstalling.

3. Go to my documents\my games\ and delete the oblivion folder there too.

4. Now reinstall the game via steam.