Questions about starbound?

Deviljho-san

Since starbound is now a real game. (the developers said) i surpise that no-one made some XXX sprites animations for it yet. Well we did before on the nexus but he gave up and another person is doing it now but he only have a 1 skin tone avian (and only male) sprite animations for it. I'm curious on if someone going to bother to take a role and mod it or no? I know some people (like me ;3) want to see their race get ravag.... err i mean cuddled with some npc and stuff. But i can only guess time will tell.

Btw they now got starbound on steam workshop. Best day ever for me. 

giphy.gif

I've been working on something like this for a while, though I've been having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to put the pixel art into the game as animations.. Hopefully now that the game's fully released we'll see more work being done on this, it'd be great to have a basic animation example so that people can work off it. The main problems I've run into is how to transfer both actor's appearance to the animation's "dolls", and how to actually implement it into the game (as in, make the player and x unable to move while animation plays, etc), if anyone can point me in the right direction it'd be great  :s

You might want to get in contact with the guys working on SSS http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/602/? While its not yet updated for 1.0 they did have a solution for your issue for the earlier build (its bugged in 1.0) And they're working to upgrade it for the current build.

I've been working on something like this for a while, though I've been having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to put the pixel art into the game as animations.. Hopefully now that the game's fully released we'll see more work being done on this, it'd be great to have a basic animation example so that people can work off it. The main problems I've run into is how to transfer both actor's appearance to the animation's "dolls", and how to actually implement it into the game (as in, make the player and x unable to move while animation plays, etc), if anyone can point me in the right direction it'd be great  :s

You might want to get in contact with the guys working on SSS http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/602/? While its not yet updated for 1.0 they did have a solution for your issue for the earlier build (its bugged in 1.0) And they're working to upgrade it for the current build.

Sad to see what it won't work as it is now since 1.0 broke, well, pretty much every mod.

Yeah from what I can see 1.0 rearranged, changed, or otherwise fixed a lot of things from their Beta builds but as a result many of the things mods called to or referenced were altered just enough to break bits and pieces of many mods.

Sadly so. My favorite race mod no longer works, course some dingus uploaded the broken version to the workshop.

I just hope whatever comes about will work with modded races.

Yeah from what I can see 1.0 rearranged, changed, or otherwise fixed a lot of things from their Beta builds but as a result many of the things mods called to or referenced were altered just enough to break bits and pieces of many mods.

Sadly so. My favorite race mod no longer works, course some dingus uploaded the broken version to the workshop.

Did you ever check if the starbound website have an updated version of your race? because i know some mods i still had manually installed.

Did you ever check if the starbound website have an updated version of your race? because i know some mods i still had manually installed.

I've been keeping an eye on it and someone is working on fixing and even improving it.

I've been keeping an eye on it and someone is working on fixing and even improving it.

Out of curiosity, what race is it?

bud wrong person to ask that questions. i rarely do custom race. Since they had fk up colony deeds before the game debute on the 22nd.

Vulpes, anthro foxes.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=734174334

Vulpes, anthro foxes.

ah okay. i would expect the fennik race but idk if that had been updated. i mostly perfered the sbg race mod since it had a whole complications of races. Then i just manually instal the body texture on the race i want to use.

Vulpes, anthro foxes.

ah okay. i would expect the fennik race but idk if that had been updated. i mostly perfered the sbg race mod since it had a whole complications of races. Then i just manually instal the body texture on the race i want to use.

The Felin race definitely works with 1.0 right now.

Vulpes, anthro foxes.

i like te felin race but i mostly like how u can colony them and their outfits are so cute and cool looking.

Vulpes, anthro foxes.

i like te felin race but i mostly like how u can colony them and their outfits are so cute and cool looking.

Actually as far as I've seen most modded races can be in colonies now. A colony I started wit ha friend has two ponies and an Avali.

Vulpes, anthro foxes.

Actually as far as I've seen most modded races can be in colonies now. A colony I started wit ha friend has two ponies and an Avali.

Felines got a colony deed too. i was experimenting on what i can get from different stuff. and apperently some rusty lockers,light bulbs, and/or maybe the iron spotlights. gave me this. https://gyazo.com/e6a5053b14ecf98a7b43a07b2e70bf4b

Archived