Can't run Fallout 4 through F4SE without crashing

The game keeps crashing every time I try to load it through F4SE. The only mods I have installed that rely on F4SE are LooksMenu and Place Anywhere, both of which are up to date. In addition I'm running the most current version of F4SE so I've got that covered as well.

Do not install the Data from f4se archive.

the content of the data directory on the f4se 0.2.0 is alpha and many people had this issue of CTD on startup (myself included) removing those files resolved the crash

If you forgot what thoise files were they are all under Data/Scripts and are:

- Actor.pex

- ActorBase.pex

- F4SE.pex

- HeadPart.pex

- Math.pex

- ObjectReference.pex

- Source/ (all of it)

It is probably all the content of Data/Scripts on your install but at least you can be sure that you did not remove a file that was added by another mod.

The good news is that those scripts are a big step toward more mods using F4Se and being able to do fancy stuffs

The game keeps crashing every time I try to load it through F4SE. The only mods I have installed that rely on F4SE are LooksMenu and Place Anywhere, both of which are up to date. In addition I'm running the most current version of F4SE so I've got that covered as well.

Do not install the Data from f4se archive.

the content of the data directory on the f4se 0.2.0 is alpha and many people had this issue of CTD on startup (myself included) removing those files resolved the crash

If you forgot what thoise files were they are all under Data/Scripts and are:

- Actor.pex

- ActorBase.pex

- F4SE.pex

- HeadPart.pex

- Math.pex

- ObjectReference.pex

- Source/ (all of it)

It is probably all the content of Data/Scripts on your install but at least you can be sure that you did not remove a file that was added by another mod.

The good news is that those scripts are a big step toward more mods using F4Se and being able to do fancy stuffs

I wish this was what I did, but it's not. I only installed the DLL files.

Archived