Assigning an "aura" effect to a weapon

Tefajo

My modding skills are completely basic. I barely understand CK so most of the little things i do i do them on TES5Edit, usually grabbing a mod that does something that resembles to what i want to do and then mimic what the other author did

Thing is, i want dawnbreaker sword to have a detect undead aura / effect. 

I checked the "detect undead" spell and i see that it has 4 magic effects applied when the spell is casted: detectenemyundeadinterior, detectenemyundeadexterior, detectfriendlyundeadinterior and detectfriendlyundeadexterior.

I tried attaching those same 4 magic effects on the Dawnbreaker "Object effect" group, but nothing happens in game

So start messing with magnitudes and durations, wich lead to CTD (lol) after a few seconds of playing.

That being said, i think i shouldnt rely on a lesser mind (like mine!)

Could someone explain to me, like if i was 5 years old, how can i easily assign that "aura" effect to the weapon?

(or if you know of a mod that does the same with another object, like rings, helmets, etc pls let me know so i can see what it was done there)

Thanks

@WaxenFigure sent me a good tutorial yesterday: http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Dynamically_Attaching_Scripts

Technically you need:

* Add an enchantment to the weapon

* Create a cloak effect and assign it to the enchantment

* Create another spell+magic effect that will be triggered by the cloak magic effect

Be sure to add conditions to both effect to avoid to destroy the game

The tutorial can be follow 80% for your case, but it is OK to give you an idea of what you need.

Feel free to ask other questions.

Saludos.

@WaxenFigure sent me a good tutorial yesterday: http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Dynamically_Attaching_Scripts

Technically you need:

* Add an enchantment to the weapon

* Create a cloak effect and assign it to the enchantment

* Create another spell+magic effect that will be triggered by the cloak magic effect

Be sure to add conditions to both effect to avoid to destroy the game

The tutorial can be follow 80% for your case, but it is OK to give you an idea of what you need.

Feel free to ask other questions.

Saludos.

Your technical explanation sounds a little bit more complicated than i anticipated.

- The weapon already has an enchantment (the default dawnguard enchant that adds extra dmg to undead and chance to explode and burn undead)

I downloaded "daedric dawnbreaker" to see how the author added sun dmg on hit and triple sun damage to undead. Basically he just added 2 extra effects to the "Object Effect" group that adds the enchantment to the dawnbreaker.

- The magic effects already exists, so i guess i need to: create a new spell, asign the 4 effects to that spell and then learn how to create cloack effect (that is something completely new to me) and asign it to the weapon....

- The condition should be something like weapon drawn, correct?

Will take a look at the link and see if my dumb brain picks up something

In any case, thanks for the info!

• 1 month later...

Archived