Patches...

TecQueen

Patch for what? Depends on the mod and what it edits.

Or Unofficial Patch(es)? Many things need fixing by Bethesda themselves, like Engine Bugs (Cell Reset). Why fix it when the next patch breakes your fix/makes it obsolete.

Depending on the mods you uh... "do", you will or will not need patches.

The contraptions dlc seems to be a fairly light plugin compared to wasteland workshop or even automatron let alone far harbor.

That said, some mods will need updates to work with the game and some wont, others still will need to wait for other mods to update to then be fixed (ie, dependencies on f4se).

tldr

yes and no.

Patch for what? Depends on the mod and what it edits.

Or Unofficial Patch(es)? Many things need fixing by Bethesda themselves, like Engine Bugs (Cell Reset). Why fix it when the next patch breaks your fix/makes it obsolete.

Ah sorry I didn't explain myself that clearly. Yes Unoffical patches. I just want to make sure.

You could take a look at what the unofficial patch fix's by loading the esp/esm into FO4Edit then figure out if a mod makes edits to the same area's and if so then yes a patch will be needed.

Or better yet to cut down on esp's contact the mod author and have them update the mod in question to account for the adjustments made via the unofficial patch.

Note the unofficial patch will probably keep getting updates well past any dlc's that Beth releases (as it is maintained by modders, go figure).

Yeah, the Unoffical patch is in its early stages. Read the sticky posts at Nexus.

My guess is more and faster updates will happen when Bethesda is slowing down with updates. Easier to work with a non-changing game.

And they need to decide if Patches for each DLC are possible. Beth fucked up with some things where item values are different in each DLC

Meaning they might put out a "Legendary" Patch like for Skyrim that requires all DLC.

Archived