The seams on the body. (Oni Texture for CBBE)

Guest Katherlne

Guest Katherlne

I have wierd seams on the body with a Oni textures http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7485/? . I love this textures, i use them before and all be fine. But now body looks like this

post-260599-0-57191100-1466519087_thumb.jpgpost-260599-0-70070200-1466519089_thumb.jpg

Seams visible in game and in BodySlide. If zoom in a camera closer, the seams a disappear. I have no problem with another skins textures. Someone already ask Oni about this, but he says, he don't have that problem...

Guest Katherlne

The diffuse Has very low padding (5~6 pixels less then the default CBBE texture), and is set to a black background.

And that is what your seeing.

This is a problem directly to the textures themselves? How can I fix it?

Expand the padding as much as you can, and change the black background to a flesh colour (sampled from the body).

^you could probably get away with one or the other.

And then hope its not a problem you can see from the normal map as well.

Guest Katherlne

Expand the padding as much as you can, and change the black background to a flesh colour (sampled from the body).

Ok, thank!

Guest Katherlne

Additionally, I think something's wrong with your graphics chip or driver.

Looking at the BodySlide screenshots, it looks like anti-aliasing and maybe anisotropic filtering couldn't be enabled.

To make this screens, i use Snipping Tool... That why they looks so bad...

• 4 months later...

Just curious as I just recently had this problem crop up as well, how would one expand the padding and change the black background?

Just curious as I just recently had this problem crop up as well, how would one expand the padding and change the black background?

There are quite a lot of ways of doing it, depending on what programs you have, its hard to say how you should do it.

I'll post one way of doing it with just PS.

For changing the background colour the cleanest most trouble free way is to;

1, import the texture.

2, duplicate the layer.

3, bring in the UVWs (drag and drop to PS).

4, use the magic wand tool to select the empty parts on the UV layer.

5, drop down to the duplicated texture layer.

6, hit delete.

7, use the eyedropper tool to sample part of the texture that's most common around the edge.

8, Drop down to the base layer and paint that colour over it.

9, If it looks OK hide the UV layer and save as a dds at Bc1.

The effectiveness of this for fixing this problem is a bit hit and miss but its easy to do.

Expanding the padding is a much better solution, but is a bit more involved.

The easeast way in PS is to do 1 - 6 above and then use the xNormal PS plugin, dilation.

7, hide the UV and base layer leaving only the now trimmed texture active and selected.

8, go to Filter > xNormal > Dilation

9, In the pop up set the radius to at least 20 pixels, though it should stop if it meets anything that's not alpha so you can go higher with no problem.

10, hit "do it" and then save the result as dds at Bc1.

You can combine both if need be, but one or the other should suffice.

You can get xNormal here http://www.xnormal.net/

and to save the texture correctly use this plugin http://gametechdev.github.io/Intel-Texture-Works-Plugin/

I also attached the CBBE fallout 4 UVS in .png just in case you need them.

post-30997-0-91745500-1479817947_thumb.png

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issues. I'm using the Fitness Dry skin. Any chance someone could pass me their modified one with these fixes? I'm not savvy enough with photo editing to do these things, and these seams are getting on my nerves. :/

Thank you in advance!

Archived