How to convert high heels from UNP/CBBE to Vanilla?

Roggvir

I converted some UNP/CBBE high heel shoes from HDT High Heels to NiOverride, and now i'd like to make a Vanilla version.

Is it possible to use OutfitStudio, or some copy+paste magic in NifSkope?

I spent already dozen hours searching around here and googling, and reading any material i could find related to the problem, but so far no success.

How can i do this?

I converted some UNP/CBBE high heel shoes from HDT High Heels to NiOverride, and now i'd like to make a Vanilla version.

Is it possible to use OutfitStudio, or some copy+paste magic in NifSkope?

I spent already dozen hours searching around here and googling, and reading any material i could find related to the problem, but so far no success.

How can i do this?

When converting your shoes from HDT to NiOverride, I'm sure you took note of the distance they needed to be raised in order to sit on the ground correctly. Basically, you need to move it yourself, manually, in order to remove the system that moves it for you.

Outfit Studio is probably preferred, as it is more user friendly in my opinion (Shape > Move: Type in the distance they need to be raised - the same distance you typed in to make NiOverride work). Plus, you may need to make adjustments to your shoe in order for it to fit the shorter distance properly, depending on your mesh.

Oh, by distance you mean what the old HDT "magnitude" was for?

I don't have a problem converting CBBE HDT to CBBE NiO, or UNP HDT to UNP NiO, thankfully its so super incredibly easy that every 4yrs old can do that.

What i don't know is how to convert CBBE HDT/NiO shoes, or UNP HDT/NiO shoes into Vanilla NiO shoes.

I dont even know what is the proper conversion procedure in Outfit Studio.

I found several tutorials on how to convert body, or armor, but not a single one on how to convert shoes, or even highheel shoes.

So i tried to use the procedures described in other tutorials, mixing them, changing them, then resorted into just pure trial-and-error, randomly doing stuff in hopes that it might at least point me in the right direction, but no success.

Either i ended up with shoes having no feet in game, or shoes having feet "glued" onto them without being bent according to the shoes surface - lets start there: how do you make those feet bent to fit the shoes?

Let me try to rephrase it all:

When i make a Vanilla character wear those UNP NiO/HDT highheels, it works, except parts of legs between ankle and knee will disappear.

So, how can i "convert" the shoes from either CBBE or UNP version into something that works with Vanilla body without making parts of legs disappear?

When converting your shoes from HDT to NiOverride, I'm sure you took note of the distance they needed to be raised in order to sit on the ground correctly. Basically, you need to move it yourself, manually, in order to remove the system that moves it for you.

Outfit Studio is probably preferred, as it is more user friendly in my opinion (Shape > Move: Type in the distance they need to be raised - the same distance you typed in to make NiOverride work). Plus, you may need to make adjustments to your shoe in order for it to fit the shorter distance properly, depending on your mesh.

Sorry, i think i completely misunderstood before.

I thought maybe the CBBE/UNP feet mesh is longer (having more height), than the Vanilla feet mesh.

BUT now i checked the height of CalienteBodyFeet.nif, that comes with BodySlide, versus the Vanilla femalefeet_1.nif, and of course the height is the same.

So, you are right (if i now understand a bit of what you said), that my problem is NOT missing/invisible part of legs between ankle and knee.

My problem is, that the feet meshes + shoe meshes are at a wrong position, offset from where they should be to properly connect with the rest of the Vanilla legs/body mesh.

Almost solved, huge thanks to Ousnius for his patience and help.

Now i still have some slight seem where the feet mesh connects to the rest of the body, but at least its properly positioned.

Obviously, the seem is there because i kept the CBBE feet mesh in the shoe NIF, and its connecting to Vanilla body which is quite different.

post-594712-0-47665800-1465945334_thumb.jpg

Now if only i'd knew how to replace the feet mesh so the seam wouldn't be there

(yeah, i know... vanilla feet/body looks horrible, so why even bother? i need it for testing purposes, and since i am doing it, i can as well do it right, right?)

Here is how to do at least the basic conversion (without replacing the feet), in case anyone else would want to know:

btw. it may not be the 100% correct or best way, but it is what worked for me (based on this tutorial)

1. Start Outfit Studio and before you do anything, uncheck File -> Apply Overall Skin Transform (thanks to Ousnius for suggesting this).
    (your mileage may vary, but until i unchecked this, the results were allways a horrible mess)

2. File -> New Project, select "From Template" and "CBBE to Vanilla" as a template.
    Click Next, and on the next dialog select "From File" and use browse to find the shoes you want converted (choose the file with "_1", which should be the 'high weight' variant), and then click on Finish.

3. Click on main menu Slider -> Conform All, then set the "CBBEtoVanilla" slider to 100%, and then main menu Slider -> Set Base Shape.

4. Main menu File -> Load Reference, select "From File" and browse to the Vanilla feet high weight variant ("femalefeet_1.nif"), and click OK to proceed.
    (If you dont know where to find that file, use some BSA extractor to unpack it from the original "Skyrim - Meshes.bsa").

5. Now copy bone weights by right-clicking each of the shapes and selecting "Copy Bone Weights"
    (except for the reference shape, but it wont do anything for it anyway)

6. Export the NIF clicking on File -> Export -> Export NIF
    ("Export NIF", not "Export NIF With Reference" - you dont want the reference feet to be part of the NIF, because we are keeping those that were part of the original shoes NIF)

Archived