Elder Scrolls VI Valenwood alllegedly confirmed

Kernel39

Making a skyrim remaster is so useless.. If you want a better looking skyrim get it on PC with ENB mods.. I bet those will still look a lot better than whatever Bethesda is going to cook up.

Right? Considering that Skyrim - even with retextures and enb - can run on just about any modern toaster, and the Legendary Edition is only $20 regularly priced at most placed. Even cheaper if you wait for a sale.

This remaster is likely going to end up out of the box looking even worse than toaster level overhauls, and will probably cost $60 - to be sold to console users solely on the promise of "new" modding potential.

For me, all it represents is the possibility of forced new updates 4 years after the fact which could seriously break my existing mod loadout which already has all the stability of a half-played Jenga tower.

You miss the point of the FO4 compatible EULA which would come with the 64bit version.

"All your mod are belong to us"

• 2 weeks later...

SIGH......

What they should do is stop writing shitty stories and have a huge multi start game they can build on instead. So the release will be start as an imperial in cyrodil or a nord in skyrim etc and eventually almost all the major areas can be start areas for a character and they are simply added later as a patch or a... ewww DLC I hate those lol. So the writing doesn't have to be extensive but the main plot could always lead to the same ending more or less which would probably always be in the same places so no matter where you start you have to finish somewhere else and it requires you to go to those other places. Now of course that would be one really big dam game map or somehow break it down into different maps so the game doesn't crash but they really need to make something like this something HUGE in size with at least some life in it so when the whole thing comes out after a year then the patches blah blah they can sit back and watch the mods pour in and maybe a game like this could be the LAST elderscrolls game until they do something funky like far future tamriel where everything is kinda magic merged with modern sort of thing but people still didn't invent guns because magic. Maybe there could be magic based guns instead that work off soul gems or whatever. Cars would not be needed because teleportation magic related to some big spires built in the cities that run off soul gems because dwemer tech finally figured out blah blah.

Look at this just sitting here in a few minutes some poster on the internet comes up with a better story than beth ever wrote how sad is that?

If the game did start in valenwood it had better be a revenge of the empire/nords game where we get to slaughter those dam thalmors! I free every prisoner from their patrols and kill every one of their guards on those patrols then take their shiny armor as trophies hahahaha!!!!

Grey areas trying to intrude on black and white areas are boring and full of political crap. Better to pick a side and be done with it than beat around the bush with bad writing the whole game.

• 3 weeks later...

it is better I am silent, else I explode!
if I that word * Bethesda * hear, I get a tantrum.
This multi-billion subcontractors is Stupid, Lazy, Incompetent and who knows what else still, they are no longer in a position *after already 6 of bygone years*

a new Contemporary TES game to develop!
they have not even started because they no idea of modern graphics energy have!
why * precisely * now a Skyrim Remaster?
that is obvious, they want to flay time! their inability hush up! Elder Scroll community not angering!
because the player bring the money!  ;)

I doubt it, instead we get a remaster of a game that's not even that old. 

Making a skyrim remaster is so useless.. If you want a better looking skyrim get it on PC with ENB mods.. I bet those will still look a lot better than whatever Bethesda is going to cook up. 

If you're going to remaster an elder scrolls game, then remaster one that's actually old.. one that actually needs it. Like Arena, Daggerfall or Morrowind. Or make a TES6 already...

I would literally pay $10,000 for a modern update of Daggerfall.

The world and story but in Skyrim's engine [or since I'm willing to pay that much for a game, a new engine though that wont ever happen].

for a TES 6 though, I'd like to see the war restarted with the Elves and your character going from province to province helping the war effort for either side.  though that would be a massive game map to make open world, I'd be open to having a loading screen between regions, like taking a wagon from Cyrodil to Skyrim.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're going to remaster an elder scrolls game, then remaster one that's actually old.. one that actually needs it. Like Arena, Daggerfall or Morrowind. Or make a TES6 already...

I would literally pay $10,000 for a modern update of Daggerfall.

The world and story but in Skyrim's engine [or since I'm willing to pay that much for a game, a new engine though that wont ever happen].

for a TES 6 though, I'd like to see the war restarted with the Elves and your character going from province to province helping the war effort for either side.  though that would be a massive game map to make open world, I'd be open to having a loading screen between regions, like taking a wagon from Cyrodil to Skyrim.

why loading screen in an open world?  ;) 

that is a inability of Bethesda, it must not always a loading screen appear, at a fast travel!

why not as in WoW (world of warcraft)?

one ascended a zeppelin or a flight bird, and The brings you automatically to the destination.

during this flight sequence, could one admire the free world.  :P

and * WoW * this game world is by far greater as Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim together.  :)

I would hope that Beth wants redemption for the derpityness of Skyrim. Maybe this is a good opportunity for that.

You know they made a shit ton of money off Skyrim? So much they are reselling Skyrim as a 64 bit version and asking full price.

If they can get this much money off of a generic game, then why would they spend more time developing a richer more complicated system? They are now pandering to casuals for more sales. Don't expect them to change that model, they made to much money off of it to change now. Though I wish they would.

I would hope that Beth wants redemption for the derpityness of Skyrim. Maybe this is a good opportunity for that.

You know they made a shit ton of money off Skyrim? So much they are reselling Skyrim as a 64 bit version and asking full price.

If they can get this much money off of a generic game, then why would they spend more time developing a richer more complicated system? They are now pandering to casuals for more sales. Don't expect them to change that model, they made to much money off of it to change now. Though I wish they would.

As long as the next game doesn't force you to be someone you're not (no role playing), no chances to be evil, being voiced and only one person, four choices, broken awkward silent lengthy cinematic conversations, babysitting half the province, lack of unique characters/locations in favor of generic settlers and settlements, trying to rip off Minecraft and Bioware, and selling 'choices' and 'being evil' via DLC (Far Harbor, Nuka World). Honestly if they just don't screw up the next TES like they did so horribly with FO4 we'll be fine. Skyrim wasn't as terrible of a downgrade and cash grab scam compared to Call of Mineoutware 4. At least Skyrim allowed us to be more free to role play (like previous TES games), allowed us to be evil (like previous TES games), allowed us to explore unique locations and meet unique characters (like previous TES games), and not limit everything to appeal towards the casual mobile cancerous community.

I said already repeated, Bethesda has yet not BEGUN!

I know from an interview * Todd Howard * with German renowned computer magazine * Gane Star * he said,

Bethesda has the ideas, but not the means, to Today's point in time, these ideas to implement!

The Elder Scrolls 6 Trailer E3 Gameplay

https://youtu.be/LP00eoglkL0

therefore before 2020 nothing!

paltry!

edit: I swear before TES 6 appears a NEW DRAGON AGE! gefuehle_0121.gif

If such were the case. There is lot of potential. This will give the franchise a great opportunity to show a positive appearence of Thalmor. It would remove this black/white label and draw the conflict into a more greyed area. That would be very much interest. :)

That would imply a degree of skill in Bethesda's writing staff

you forgot oblivion that was needs a remaster most def

• 2 weeks later...

So I don't know if this is the right place but after I saw that new Fallout 4 Nuka World Trailer and there was an mutated alligator/crocodile the first thing that came into my mind was

maybe somewhat of an hint from bethesda that they created that crocodile/alligator and they will use it again as an Werecrocodile in the next Elder Scrolls.

So where is the place that werecrocodiles are coming from? it's black marsh, so maybe that's the next elder scrolls game

but that's just a theory

you forgot oblivion that was needs a remaster most def

I think Bethesda needs to wait a few more years before they even think about remastering Oblivion.

Personally I prefer remasters of games that are so old they have trouble running on modern systems. 

The older the game, the more fitting for a remaster imo. 

I would love to play the old tes games if they had widescreen support and more stable on modern operating systems. 

1361240957.jpg

Archived