Does Fallout 4 recognize multiple GPU's?

Does Fallout 4 recognize and use multiple GPU setups?

I'm in the process of building a new gaming computer with two-way SLI Nvidia GTX 1080.

With my current build (GTX 680 2-way SLI 2GB) I get major slowdowns in games like Fallout 4, The Division, Doom, and a few others, so I have to turn the graphics down slightly to compensate.

This is the reason why I'm constructing a new enthusiast gaming PC.

Yes, it does. There are Crossfire and SLI profiles for the game. I personally play the game in crossfire mode.

You don't actually need 2 GTX 1080 unless you are going to play the game in 4K.

Why am I getting 35-50 fps in most cases using dual SLI GTX 680 2GB?

Yes, it does. There are Crossfire and SLI profiles for the game. I personally play the game in crossfire mode.

thats fucked up, i'm getting similar framerate with about 2x times weaker gpu (r7 250x) on 1200x1920. fallout is mostly cpu bound, whats your central unit?

thats fucked up, i'm getting similar framerate with about 2x times weaker gpu (r7 250x) on 1200x1920. fallout is mostly cpu bound, whats your central unit?

TES games have always been mostly CPU Bound.

GPU handles Textures and some other things.

Did a test of a 1080 last week. On FO4.

Single card, max settings, was enough to be 60 FPS almost all the time. (Some glitches sometimes but nothing special.)

Not really better that a 980 TI if you wanna know.

directx12 windows 10 supports multiple gpu's acting as a single GPU so you get 4+4=8Gb instead of traditional SLI 4+4=4

but windows 10 is spyware so i dont recommend using it.

directx12 windows 10 supports multiple gpu's acting as a single GPU so you get 4+4=8Gb instead of traditional SLI 4+4=4

but windows 10 is spyware so i dont recommend using it.

Opinions are opinions.

The problem is that FO4 is a DX11, so a SLI (or Crossfire) will benefit but marginally.

But a uncorrelated set of graphic cards will just be ignored (only one will be used.)

Its not an opinion, there are literal facts proving windows 10 is spyware. there is even a video of a guy showing that Microsoft is taking screenshots of your desktop every x seconds and sending it to Microsoft in an encrypted line.

Its not an opinion, there are literal facts proving windows 10 is spyware. there is even a video of a guy showing that Microsoft is taking screenshots of your desktop every x seconds and sending it to Microsoft in an encrypted line.

Not my problem, my friend.

I really don't care about this because I have nothing to hide.

But, out of couriosity, let me do some math on your statement.

Number of installation of Windows 10 right now: About 550 millions. (Still not the #1 but close.)

Let's say that about 90% of uses did not disable the "stolen privacy setting": 490 millions

An average size of a screen is 1280x1024 (let's stay low), compressed PNG = average of 650Kb

Size of the data (calculated in my hypothesis): 303,745.27 GB = 296.6 TB = 0.2 PB

Can I ask you how has the power to analyze all this data? Also because is way higher that the data collected by Google in a single day. (Consider that Facebook is considered to have about 500 TB of data in their whole archives.)

Sooooo, I will steal your data (and it is illegal in so many civilized countries that cannot be real) but then I will just forget it, because there is no real power to analyze it? Really?

Sorry if I was rude, not my intention. Sarcastic maybe, but not against you, not at all.

It is just that this is a conspiracy theory, the fact that everything is stolen.

Now, is the information about how many times a day you use Edge against Chrome being tracked. You bet.

And who cares about it? It is pretty much just statistical data.

But let's stop this, and let the thread keeps its original purpose. If you wish to continue, let's start a thread (general discussion is OK for such discussion.)

Kind Regards!

I have nothing to hide.

Until they come for you. Im not here trying to start an argument but please dont use this phrase. Disabling settings does nothing.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2952192/data-center-cloud/google-lures-businesses-to-nearline-with-100-pb-of-free-cloud-storage.html

Google is offering 100 petabytes servers, if they have the ability to do this to thousands of customers they have exxabytes or zettabytes of storage.

imagine how much Microsoft has, or Amazon. Hard drives are cheap.

They are able to sort out every information quickly and easily. your information is sold for profit.

I have nothing to hide.

Until they come for you. Im not here trying to start an argument but please dont use this phrase. Disabling settings does nothing.

Agreed. Disabling settings does just nothing. The amount of data sent is pretty much the same.

But again, as far as I saw on my installation is just tracking data on how much you start applications (all of them) what are the sites you type in Edge or IE (not in Chrome, and I do not use FireFox), what you ask to Cortana, if you ask something to this tool.

And what are the click you do in the Config settings.

Again, I don't see any real "stealing data", just some general info (agreed or not) maybe (maybe) to improve the service (or maybe to overcome the competitors, but don't take that as a start for a new thread.)

Again, if we want to continue (me, you, and all other people interested) let's start a thread about it.

Edit: about your post. Please consider that "storing" a huge amount of data is today possible. "Analyzing it" is not yet a possibility.

"analyzing it is not yet a possibility"

This is wrong, they have the ability now to Analyze all data.

[media=560x315]

[/media]

OK. I respect your point but this is the wrong thread.

Let's stop.

That is a warning, any other posts on this subject on this thread will make me to clean up the thread.

If you want to continue OPEN A NEW THREAD!

I am removing all my posts to begin, I will not touch yours right now.

have u tested r9 480x or 470x?

No. A friend of mine, an early adopter, had this 1080 Founder Edition. He gave it to me for a day, and I did a few tests (that I posted somewhere in another post.)

Then I gave back the card to my friend and re-installed my 980 TI.

have u tested r9 480x or 470x?

No. A friend of mine, an early adopter, had this 1080 Founder Edition. He gave it to me for a day, and I did a few tests (that I posted somewhere in another post.)

Then I gave back the card to my friend and re-installed my 980 TI.

"early adopter" term sure sounds nicer than "guinea pig" term. almost like pioneer.

"early adopter" term sure sounds nicer than "guinea pig" term. almost like pioneer.

My definition of "early adopter"?

Somebody with lot of money, that has no need to keep his/her revenue too much under control, likes to have the new techs, and want's them just to say: I was the first.

I think the GPU 1080 is more like the starting point, I believe the ones to come after that will be the better ones.

I mean the GPU 1080 and 1070 are the first NVIDIA made with pascal technology(I could be wrong) from what we know, they are not going to be perfect but they concluded that they were in a good position to sell them, so i think they will be gathering the feedback and improve the next in line GPU's.

This is just my thinking btw.

At the moment, you can only use two GTX 1080's in SLI because of driver limitations.

But maybe Nvidia will release new drivers?

Of course this is a possibility.

But consider that two 1080 in SLI mode are way beyond the requirement of any possible today game.

And having more than two cards usually is really a niche of users (reeeeeaaally few.) so why spend time to fix that?

When the "next step card" is more money for us?

At the moment, you can only use two GTX 1080's in SLI because of driver limitations.

But consider that two 1080 in SLI mode are way beyond the requirement of any possible today game.

And having more than two cards usually is really a niche of users (reeeeeaaally few.) so why spend time to fix that?

Two GTX 1080's still struggle to run certain games on 4K

Three or four of them would suffice.

Oh, boy.

If you can afford two 1080, why do you care about buying three?

For sure you can afford something way better.

My definition of "early adopter"?

Somebody with lot of money, that has no need to keep his/her revenue too much under control, likes to have the new techs, and want's them just to say: I was the first.

its much needed species though. for example if vr sets will be found to develop brain tumors after prolong, even moderate use in a few years, it will be thanks to the early adopter sacrifice. they tested it so i dont have to.

are u sure its not cpu bottleneck? do u have modern 8 core i7/xeon? i've read that even 2 titans can get easily bottleneck by strongest 4 core i7, and 1080 is suppose to be a bit stronger. of course u could use older setup and use 4 titans.

• 1 month later...

Personally i would go for a min of 4 GB when it comes to graphics memory.. When looking for a card, i saw what i thought would be good, though ended up going with the Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 390, I have found the 8gb to do wonders for the game like  fallout 4 and assassins creed 2 ..

I have always felt 2 gb of memory ram is just not enough for modern gaming..

are u sure its not cpu bottleneck? do u have modern 8 core i7/xeon? i've read that even 2 titans can get easily bottleneck by strongest 4 core i7, and 1080 is suppose to be a bit stronger. of course u could use older setup and use 4 titans.

CPU is not really a problem for modern games, of course in single core (for gaming) the i5 is the best one, but the bottleneck could be in many places, i can tell for my experience, i was upgrading my GPU and my games was not 100%, them i upgrade my ram to some crazy gskill, the magic was done, today i have a 980ti, i run Fo4 in 1440p with lots of mods (all my mods with 4k textures) enb's and all the fancy stuff, and i never go bellow 60fps, in some point i manage to get 50fps, but is very very rare.

Archived