Does Fallout 4 recognize multiple GPU's?

Don't blame your computer if FO4 and other Bethesda titles run poorly even on a high-end rig. They design their games with consoles in mind and then adapt them to computers. So the software isn't designed to take full advantage of a computer's capabilities and winds up hogging CPU and GPU resources. Also realize the difference between VRAM and regular RAM; the former is supplied only by your graphics card while the latter is what the whole computer uses. Too little of either can kill performance, as ralfetas above tells us.

I get awful fps in my game in 2k and 1080. Though I tell myself its cause of the Resurrection mod. Downtown drops down to 40s for me in 2k or 1080p. I'm one of those people who then wonders, "Do I need a second 1080 to run this game?"  Then I play a game like the witcher/MGSV/2k16 maxed out 2k with zero issues and get confused. I have no idea whats up with Fallout and why my fps is so bad.

Side note: I'm not a rich person and I wish I kept my sli 980's 4790k build instead of getting a 6700k 1080.

I get awful fps in my game in 2k and 1080. Though I tell myself its cause of the Resurrection mod. Downtown drops down to 40s for me in 2k or 1080p. I'm one of those people who then wonders, "Do I need a second 1080 to run this game?"  Then I play a game like the witcher/MGSV/2k16 maxed out 2k with zero issues and get confused. I have no idea whats up with Fallout and why my fps is so bad.

Side note: I'm not a rich person and I wish I kept my sli 980's 4790k build instead of getting a 6700k 1080.

I am in the same boat, not rich, thats why i did research on the cards, I found some problems with the advertising of some NVidia cards that were claimed to be 4 gb though only 3gb or something.. then i ran into issues of pricing for other cards if i wanted 6gb graphics memory from Nvidia, and as good as they are, I actually decided on the Gigabyte radeon R9 390 8gb OC .

I would say it is a good mid-ranged card that can handle some intense graphics..  I think it would even beat some bottom line, top ranged cards actually..

I know when Radeon first came out, they had trouble adapting to intel processors .. though this card seems to do just fine with the gigabyte Z97 gaming 7 intel M/B

I had a R390x for a short while before I bought my second 980, I couldn't stand the UI for it and I've always had nvidia stuff so I returned it. Doesn't mean it was bad by any means just wasn't for me. There are benchmarks and what not that help you choose but at the end of the day its what makes you happy.

I wish I kept my sli 980's just for the fact that, I feel like I spend 2k on a computer that is newer but has the same performance(or at least by any Bethesda games standards) lol I could have just kept my old one and not been in debt.

On that note, for the thread, fallout did pick up on my sli 980s. I did a lot of tweaking with the sli profile though. A real pain at the time, kinda happy I only have one card now.

Archived