3440X1440 or 4K??

Afro68

It'll play in a widescreen resolution, but the UI gets a little fucky.

Okay, I'm considering going with 4K as ultrawides still are very pricey and the pricing difference can be spent on a second card. Thank you.

Okay, I'm considering going with 4K as ultrawides still are very pricey and the pricing difference can be spent on a second card. Thank you.

You do realize you will need a monster graphic card, right?

You do realize you will need a monster graphic card, right?

I'm going to have two GTX 1080's.

Flickr. I don't even know if there's a limit to image size (width or height), but It's free and you get a whole 1TB of storage.

I've used it since I began taking screenshots, including my comic strips I make in Skyrim. My most recent was 1960x12320 once I used XNView to stitch them together. Only annoying thing is that, if you flag a picture as anything other than 'safe' people will have to log in to view it on your Flickr.

I am playing 3440x1440 Skyrim for while now, with ~250 + pluginsa and HD textures , ENB it is demanding on the system ( even with Titan X ). For correcting UI issues Flawless Widescreen works flawlessly  :). What i like with 3440x1440 is this great widescreen experience ( even better on curved monitor ) what 4k will not give you.post-556024-0-60426800-1465865629_thumb.jpgpost-556024-0-08503100-1465865641_thumb.jpgpost-556024-0-46740600-1465865663_thumb.jpg

I am playing 3440x1440 Skyrim for while now, with ~250 + pluginsa and HD textures , ENB it is demanding on the system ( even with Titan X ). For correcting UI issues Flawless Widescreen works flawlessly  :). What i like with 3440x1440 is this great widescreen experience ( even better on curved monitor ) what 4k will not give you.attachicon.gif2015-07-18_00001.jpgattachicon.gif20160510142609_1.jpgattachicon.gif2015-07-18_00051.jpg

Is that a mod Flawless Widescreen?

I'm really rethinking the 4k for ultrawide.

EDIT: I found it and I'll look into it.

Upgrading my system and I'm torn between what monitor to get does Skyrim play at 3440 x 1440 or do you get black bars?

wide screens are not natively supported by Skyrim (or Fallout 4 for that matter).

You can get around it by using the program Flawless WideScreen and it works fine for me 

If you use a wide screen (or multi display) I recommend that you look at ther forum wsgf (wsgf.org) as many games still assume that player play on a 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio. quite often when a new game is out this forum has a topic about it which will indicate if the game support wide resolutions by default and if not what are the existing way to patch it (quite often there's a patch on Flawless Widescreen)

So if you do not want to have to run another code injector (Flawless Widescreen + ENB + SKSE is a lot of programs messing with skyrim at once) then go for 4K otherwise I can tell you that I will have hard time going back to non-wide for playing games (even with the extra problem described above)

Flawless Widescreen runs on the background regardless I play Skyrim and not its very low resource. Just play Skyrim starting usual SKSE no need to worry to start up Flawless ( unless you reboot comp then you need to restart it

Thanks but after really racking my brain, I'm going to give 4K a shot with the Acer XB280HK, the Acer X34 and the Asus PG348Q just costs too damn much and the difference in price can be spent on a second card. I know there are people that love their ultrawides and say they won't ever go back to 16:9 but that's how I'm going to go. Thanks to everyone for your input.

Archived