Head texture mismatch.

orgs1n

I was trying the new Morkt ENB, which made it obvious that my character's head texture doesn't match the body's.

post-368191-0-99194600-1465054419_thumb.gif

Yet when looking at MO's files, all the textures in textures\actors\character\female seem to be coming from the same set... (which is SG Female Textures Renewal)

post-368191-0-65160900-1465054423_thumb.png

Just to make sure the head mesh wasn't mapping to any odd texture paths, I checked meshes\actors\character\character assets\femalehead.nif as well and it and seems in order... (This .nif came with BodySlide.) 

post-368191-0-80333200-1465054856_thumb.png

Any ideas as to the cause of the mismatch? Any texture modders who can tell by looking at the effect which of the texture maps is mismatched: the normal map, _msn, _ or _sk? Or is this an ENB effect? I normally use Rudy ENB and the mismatch is barely noticeable there.

For completeness, I am using Wet Function Redux but disabling that makes no difference.

A couple of questions:

1. what happens when you go into racemenu and change the base setting under head (0 or 1 = no overlay, 2 = freckles, 3 = freckles 2, 4 or 5 = old wrinkles, etc).

2. what happens if you load a different preset (using RM) or chaning the games character preset (beth) do the face textures still go wonky?

3. are you using any RM overlays for facepaint or anything of that nature (hell are you using one of the default face paints also)?

3a. any replacer face paints or add-on's in your load order?

4. any scar overlays, replacers, etc?

5. if using RM have you checked to see if the head preset and texture preset you are using are setup correctly (check folder skse/plugins/chargen/ for a dds and nif file that match your rm preset).

How high up in your load order is SG, have you tried moving it closer to the bottom of the load order, and what is that one that is listed "optimized textures for MO" seems to be a bsa packed file, have you checked the questions section of that mods page to see if anyone is having issues with it and different enb's?

Are you using some custom race that defaults to you a vampire state (like daughter of cold harbor, or any other racemod's that list the vampire version in racemenu under race). = some are known to cause a face texture bug, as by default beth setup the vampire sub class for each race to not enable face adjustments, ie why the face sculpter in riften will not work with you if you are a vampire... some of those are known to have issue's if you try to adjust the characters face in racemenu while being a vamp (face texture not matching the body texture).

Oh now that I think about it.... are the femaleheadvampire.dds, femaleheadvampire_msn.dds, femaleheadvampire_s.dds, and femaleheadvampire_sk.dds also showing to be coming from the SG mod?

So yeah check the femaleheaddetail_frekles.dds, femaleheaddetail_rough.dds, vampire, old, etc files and make sure they are coming from the same pack....

If you need a way to change race without screwing up your perks and what not then install the mod "Lossless Race Change" in MO and enable it. You'll get a lesser power that will enable you to go into Racemenu and adjust things then when you save LRC will make sure your stats, perks etc stay the same (just remember to remove any items that have health, stamina, or magic enchantments on cause sometimes LRC will see those as part of your base perks and will perm them to your character....

anyhow http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33968/? so you can muck with your character without scewing up your perks (remember to fire it off via the lesser power -vs- going into racemenu from the console).

Edit - Doh

uh looked at the pic again for your texture path and that one that mo is pointing to is the skyrim_textures.bsa lol.... nevermind that shouldn't be the problem. and looks like the freckles is in SG and looks like your character is using the freckles overlay.... but yeah check those anyway.

1. what happens when you go into racemenu and change the base setting under head (0 or 1 = no overlay, 2 = freckles, 3 = freckles 2, 4 or 5 = old wrinkles, etc).

Switching the complexion setting in RM seems to fix things -- until I reload. The pictures below show the initial complexion (0), then what happens when I switch to 1, and back to 0.

post-368191-0-39964300-1465059796_thumb.jpgpost-368191-0-11875400-1465059800_thumb.jpgpost-368191-0-66151300-1465059798_thumb.jpg

2. what happens if you load a different preset (using RM) or chaning the games character preset (beth) do the face textures still go wonky?

This happens when I select a standard preset.

post-368191-0-97519400-1465059801_thumb.jpg

3. are you using any RM overlays for facepaint or anything of that nature (hell are you using one of the default face paints also)?

The only overlays I see (under Face Paint) are from Blush When Aroused.

3a. any replacer face paints or add-on's in your load order?

Freckle Mania, Blush When Aroused, and Wet Function Redux which might change specular values.

4. any scar overlays, replacers, etc?

No.

5. if using RM have you checked to see if the head preset and texture preset you are using are setup correctly (check folder skse/plugins/chargen/ for a dds and nif file that match your rm preset).

In skse/plugins/chargen/ there's only a Presets/ folder, and in that folder there are only .jslot files. I am using RM 3.4.5.

My character is a Breton (msn from SG Female Textures), and has never been a vampire. (Checked the vampire textures anyway, and they do come from SG Female Textures.)

Optimized Vanilla Textures is here, I'll check its forum thread.

Thanks for your help!

• 1 year later...
On 04/06/2016 at 5:49 PM, orgs1n said:

Just to make sure the head mesh wasn't mapping to any odd texture paths, I checked meshes\actors\character\character assets\femalehead.nif as well and it and seems in order... (This .nif came with BodySlide.)

As I personaly use SG Female Textures Renewal since the begining without any issues, I'm pretty sure that's where your problem comes from. You will need the femalehead.nif from Enhanced Character Edit instead of the one from BodySlide.

Here's the file for your convenience:

femalehead.nif

Edit: sorry for necroing, didn't pay attention to the date the OP thread, but hopefully could be useful for someone else in need of help.

7 hours ago, meikel1403 said:

is there a way to activate the wet face texture ?

If your question concern SG Female Texture Renewal, you will find the file femalehead_s.dds in the uncompressed face textures-35267-1-0.7z face (wet) folder. Overwrite the .dds file in the appropriate folder of your game Data directory.

On 3/8/2018 at 11:17 PM, Fifoo said:

Edit: sorry for necroing, didn't pay attention to the date the OP thread, but hopefully could be useful for someone else in need of help.

My bad, I should have posted what the problem was when I solved it. It was due to the PSQ mod. This mod can be configured to switch bodyshapes around, including the head and its texture paths. I had saved my character preset when that had been done, so the preset was referring to another head shape than the one I was looking at.

On 3/9/2018 at 12:42 AM, Fifoo said:

If your question concern SG Female Texture Renewal, you will find the file femalehead_s.dds in the uncompressed face textures-35267-1-0.7z face (wet) folder. Overwrite the .dds file in the appropriate folder of your game Data directory.

thanks it worked :smiley:

On 10/03/2018 at 7:39 AM, orgs1n said:

It was due to the PSQ mod. This mod can be configured to switch bodyshapes around, including the head and its texture paths. I had saved my character preset when that had been done, so the preset was referring to another head shape than the one I was looking at.

Thank you for taking the time to post the solution in your thread.

23 hours ago, meikel1403 said:

thanks it worked :smiley:

Happy to have been able to help you and have a nice day.

Archived