[Sims 4] Nude Mods No Longer Work After "Unisex" Patch 06/01

After the patch on June 1st, all nude skins do not replace the default skin. I first noticed this when I got on and my previous nude skin, which worked before the patch, was missing and not on by default, which is was before the patch. I've tried others, but they all fail to replace the default skin. Is it just me, or are others experiencing the same problem?

post-106393-0-24381000-1464985527_thumb.png

After the patch on June 1st, all nude skins do not replace the default skin. I first noticed this when I got on and my previous nude skin, which worked before the patch, was missing and not on by default, which is was before the patch. I've tried others, but they all fail to replace the default skin. Is it just me, or are others experiencing the same problem?

yeah I've read other posts on sims 4 related topics and this seems to be an issue for everyone, really wish you could choose to toggle off the new settings :/ because honestly I have no use for them

I feel you. I don't have much a need to make men pregnant and whatnot. Some people do, though. More power to them I guess. I wish I knew how to fix the problem because currently a nipple tattoo is my work around.

Unless they changed skin graphics entirely, this issue should be easly resolved with updating/adding new instance ids for the RLE2 files in the packages. It's a tedious thing to do, finding which files are which, but if the modders are active they may release fixed updates in next few days.

I need one of these texture mods for my mod I am working on, so if forced I would look into updating one of the packs on my own.

tbh i've not had issues per say but i use kijikos nude skin replacer the only issue the emerged that I have seen so far was when my cousin was playing he made some trans characters and all the trans sims had penis's did not make a difference whether it was m to f or f to m

I understand, that you do not have problems with kijikos nude skin. Please give a working download link. Sorry for bad english.

tbh i've not had issues per say but i use kijikos nude skin replacer the only issue the emerged that I have seen so far was when my cousin was playing he made some trans characters and all the trans sims had penis's did not make a difference whether it was m to f or f to m

I understandthat you do not have problems with kijikos nude skin. Please give a working download link. Sorry for bad english.

I understandthat you do not have problems with kijikos nude skin. Please give a working download link. Sorry for bad english.

Texture replacing mods that stopped working after latest Sims update cannot be fixed without updating instance ids in the packages, but any mod that had CAS parts can be easly fixed using Sims 4 Studio. I recommend you trying Ooh Smooth 2 skin by LumiaLovers which is a skin overlay CAS part and it works after batch gender fixing with Sims 4 Studio.

Notice that this is not a skin replace mod, it requires you to pick the skin in the Sim CAS Editor when you create your sim, so any existing sims will not have the skin applied.

Texture replacing mods that stopped working after latest Sims update cannot be fixed without updating instance ids in the packages

is that easy? can you post a tutorial or provide a link to one that tells us how to do that?

Texture replacing mods that stopped working after latest Sims update cannot be fixed without updating instance ids in the packages

is that easy? can you post a tutorial or provide a link to one that tells us how to do that?

You can say it's easy, but it can take a lot of time. You have to open Sims 4 packages with s4pe (Sims 4 package editor) and find every texture file for adult sim skin, then write down the instance id for every of them and create your own package with new texture files that have these instance ids. Once you know what to do it's really easy, but it can still take a lot of time to copy over stuff and looking for the original textures can take ages.

There is plenty of tutorials that you can find on ModTheSims forums and the tutorials for Sims 3 will work fine too (you just need applications for Sims 4).

Here's a really basic tutorial on how this process looks: http://melbrewer367.tumblr.com/post/102741986421/update-the-captions-for-these-photos-containing

With existing mods to replace sims skins you can just open them with s4pe and update instance ids, but I guess there could be few missing new textures that works for other genders.

Texture replacing mods that stopped working after latest Sims update cannot be fixed without updating instance ids in the packages, but any mod that had CAS parts can be easly fixed using Sims 4 Studio. I recommend you trying Ooh Smooth 2 skin by LumiaLovers which is a skin overlay CAS part and it works after batch gender fixing with Sims 4 Studio.

Notice that this is not a skin replace mod, it requires you to pick the skin in the Sim CAS Editor when you create your sim, so any existing sims will not have the skin applied.

Adding to this advice: using something like MCCC's Dresser module is helpful to quickly apply the skin overlay of your choice to sims without entering CAS for all of them. Obviously it's still not ideal, but it's a decent workaround until there are working replacers.

Archived