View File

Hey everyone. Did you guy's ever get frustrated with Riften's performance when it comes to framerate? I did and that's why i have made this little mod. This mod tries to do what a very popular mod for Fallout nv did. Removing unneeded things that are never really visible and cause lots of lag on top of that. Currently it only removes the leaves lying on the ground. It seems to have increased performance for me a bit but if you find any more things that can safely be removed without causing weardness please tell me.

New version added: Currently there are no more leaves on the floor, no dead bushes, removed one kind of fallbush (red ones), removed kelp and mist in the canals.

Another new version added this time cleaned through tesvedit as a request to someone in the forum. You never know. For conveniences sake i also removed my two older files, so there is now only one file in the downloads section.

As this is a very lightweight mod so i didn't feel the need to add pictures. It doesn't need any weard stuff right now except Skyrim. So if someone has any trouble walking around in riften please try this mod if you want.

I hope this helps for someone.
If it does let me know.

And again if you have any ideas of what could be removed please let me know.

Have fun and i hope it works for you.

Nice, exactly what I've needed. I've been having my issue mainly due to my populated NPCs mod but I'd like to run it while still having bigger trees with lush overhaul and not get the performance hit that I'm getting. Hopefully this mod helps

there are plenty of bugs in skyrim maybe the lagg with riften isnt really associated with the graphics but other stuff.

Riften (RiftenOrigin, marketsquare) is pretty much the only place in my entire game where the lag is that terrible. I have even tried the texture reducer mod (256 one) and still lags like crazy.

Nice, exactly what I've needed. I've been having my issue mainly due to my populated NPCs mod but I'd like to run it while still having bigger trees with lush overhaul and not get the performance hit that I'm getting. Hopefully this mod helps

I sincerely hope it does work for you. the reason why i marked it as a WIP mod is because i myself am not sure if it actually works at all. i'm simply inspired by someone elses mod for Fallout nv that did sort of the same stuff by removing unneeded stuff like papers on the ground, smoke effects and stuff... This mod is simply my attempt in doing the same. I have been even thinking of actually playing around with the "plane markers" but i am very well aware that's a very dangerous and touchy business so that's probably a no go. Also If you are really going to use this mod, can you also tell me where exactly you have lag? it could help the development of this mod considerably. Thank you in advance.

Anyway if all else fails, you could try this one: "super performance PLUS" and keep this mod if you don't like the leaves on the ground.

- terror

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hoooooooly crap, you've got to clean your mod with Tes5Edit. It gave me like 3 page long log of errors when I plugged it in.

I've fixed mine on my end, but please, try to clean it on your end =_=

Really! O_O woops. sorry, will fix it right away! Thanks for warning me though. Btw do you still have the log? I'd like to take a look at it.

• 5 years later...
  • 11 months later...