Problem with SLAL

Hi Everybody!

I hate for my first post to be a whinge, but... it is what it is.

I'm a longtime modder, but new to SexLab.  I love it so far.  I've got the basics installed and working fine, but I'm having some trouble with the Animation Loader.

I installed SLAL.  J Container is installed.  XP32 is there as well.  In-game I can see the Animation Loader in the MCM but it's empty.

Steps I've tried thus far:

Loaded animation pack manually, run FNIS (no errors or warnings), launch game through MO -> loader is empty in MCM
Loaded animation pack with NMM, run FNIS (no errors or warnings), launch game through MO -> loader is empty in MCM
I thought maybe it would take some time to load animations in the MCM menu for the animation loader, so I opened it up, went off and made dinner, came back... still empty.

And.... I'm out of ideas.  Can anyone tell me what it takes to get this working?  I don't even have an error or bug to point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance!

Did you run the loader in your Data folder directory and activate the packs ?

The steps you took as posted made no mention of this required step so at this point, I feel this is likely the issue.

​Go here: \Data\SLAnims\SLAnimGenerate.pyw (python file)

​Double click the above file "SLAnimGenerate" file.

​IF you have the necessary stuff installed on your PC, it should open a window.

​If you do get the window pop up...... there will be the packs you have installed in the top portion of that window.

​ALSO, right in that window, at the top there is the directory path which you must make sure points to your installations DATA folder. (ie: C:\\.......Bethesda\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data

On the bottom of the same window, there are 3 or 4 buttons ..... click "build all categories", then run FNIS, then go in game and check the MCM window.

​From there, activate the anims you want and click the register with sexlab button within the SLAL Loader MCM window.

​You then should be set to go unless there is something else wrong.... but I think this may be the problem.

​Good luck mate.

PS:

anytime you install new packs or update ones you have already, you need to rerun the above generate file first.

Then "REBUILD" the categories (either all via the rebuild all button or just select the one in the middle window that has (NEEDS REBUILD) next to them and click the other button for the individual pack rebuild.

​...then rerun FNIS.

Hi Everybody!

I hate for my first post to be a whinge, but... it is what it is.

I'm a longtime modder, but new to SexLab.  I love it so far.  I've got the basics installed and working fine, but I'm having some trouble with the Animation Loader.

I installed SLAL.  J Container is installed.  XP32 is there as well.  In-game I can see the Animation Loader in the MCM but it's empty.

Steps I've tried thus far:

Loaded animation pack manually, run FNIS (no errors or warnings), launch game through MO -> loader is empty in MCM

Loaded animation pack with NMM, run FNIS (no errors or warnings), launch game through MO -> loader is empty in MCM

I thought maybe it would take some time to load animations in the MCM menu for the animation loader, so I opened it up, went off and made dinner, came back... still empty.

And.... I'm out of ideas.  Can anyone tell me what it takes to get this working?  I don't even have an error or bug to point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance!

Post your complete FNIS output (right click in the top section after running, select all, copy, then paste here).  We may see something you missed.  Also, your papyrus logs may give a clue - look at the pinned threads in the SexLab technical support section for info on how to activate logs and where to look for them.

The steps you took as posted made no mention of this required step so at this point, I feel this is likely the issue.

Thanks for the info, GameLover.

Since I'm not entirely clear what "run the loader in your Data Folder" even means, I'm going to say no to this.

If you mean did I go right-click in the left-hand window of Mod Organizer then "install mod" targeting the animation pack, then check the box next to it once it finished doing its thing, then yes.  But I don't have any sort of "loader" in my C:/.../Skyrim/Data folder.  I've never heard of such an animal.

Additionally I get no results from clicking on SLAnimGenerate.pyw (no console).  So I missed installing something somewhere? 

Also, here is what FNIS has to say on the matter:

FNIS Behavior V6.2   5/27/2016 11:57:50 AM
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Installing FNIS PCEA2
Reading AnimationsByLeito V1.0 ...
Reading APSexIdles V?.? ...
Reading Defeat V5  ( 0 furniture, 2 offset, 3 paired, 1 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading FNISBase V6.2 ...
Reading FNISSexyMove V6.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 18 alternate animations) ...
Reading FNIS_PCEA2 V1.3  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 557 alternate animations) ...
Reading FunnyBiz V1.0 ...
Reading MNC V?.? ...
Reading NibblesAnims V1.0 ...
Reading SexLab V1.59c ...
Reading SexLabAroused V?.? ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.59c ...
Reading SexLabTDFAggressiveProstitution V?.? ...
Reading XPMSE V6.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...
mt_behavior usage: 5.7 %   ( 0 furniture, 2 offset, 0 chair, 87 alternate animations)
0_master usage: 10.2 %   ( 3 paired, 1 kill, 156 alternate animations)
Alternate Animation mods: 3 sets: 46 total groups: 98 added file slots: 1162 alternate files: 739

Creature Pack not installed

3915 animations for 14 mods successfully included (character)

I've enabled Papyrus logging but there is no output.  It isn't making a directory for the logs, either.

Thanks

Edit:  I also loaded Python and got SLAnimateGenerate working.  Now I just have to go back and check that Python 3.5 doesn't bork Blender... ugh.

At this point it's looking like jcontainer isn't doing anything since everything else appears to be working.  Now I'll go off and tackle that.  Thanks again for the info!

Hey again,

Well then I say you've confirmed my assumption.

It's a python file, and as a result...requires Python installed.

SLAL loader packs will not function for you if you cannot run it's loader (that file you clicked as I explained to do above).

Running the loader does what it says basically...loaded the animation packs into a format that FNIS can understand and place into the appropriate structure for your game to utilize.

So, try this:

Get the package (Python) here: https://www.python.org/downloads/

Install it, and then TRY AGAIN to start that file I told you about.

If it runs, do as I said above.....and run FNIS before you go into game.

You'll know if FNIS recognized the new animations you installed as the animation pack will show in that output you pasted above.... ex: Nibbles Pack, Leito etc, etc.

Report back.

​​

​​PPS:

Just noticed in your FNIS output you are running the older 1.59 sexlab. Is there a reason why you haven't updated to the recent one ?

​FYI, I don't recall the specifics, but the older versions are limited in options as well as the number of animations...like 100 and something if memory serves me.

​The newest version has some really nifty additions + can run much more animations... like 300 or something in that area.

​Personally, I'd never go back to the older versions.... ever !

​If you, like many of us, get into this, you will find very fast that you are not seeing new anims you add in game.... why, sexlab 1.59's animation number limit.

Ok, a few things

I see Sexlab 1.59 in your Fnis Report.

In SLAL page it states you need 1.60+

i also dont see any "SLAL packs installed"

I do see "animations by leito" and "nibbles animation" but not sure if those are SLAL packs or what

In case you did not download any SLAL packs just go here

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/55268-sexlab-animation-loader-guide-and-packs/?p=1389378

Before going too far pick 1 or 2 (download, install with MO, run FNIS, then load the game and check)

Hey again,

Well then I say you've confirmed my assumption.

It's a python file, and as a result...requires Python installed.

SLAL loader packs will not function for you if you cannot run it's loader (that file you clicked as I explained to do above).

Running the loader does what it says basically...loaded the animation packs into a format that FNIS can understand and place into the appropriate structure for your game to utilize.

So, try this:

Get the package (Python) here: https://www.python.org/downloads/

Install it, and then TRY AGAIN to start that file I told you about.

If it runs, do as I said above.....and run FNIS before you go into game.

You'll know if FNIS recognized the new animations you installed as the animation pack will show in that output you pasted above.... ex: Nibbles Pack, Leito etc, etc.

Report back.

​​

​​PPS:

Just noticed in your FNIS output you are running the older 1.59 sexlab. Is there a reason why you haven't updated to the recent one ?

​FYI, I don't recall the specifics, but the older versions are limited in options as well as the number of animations...like 100 and something if memory serves me.

​The newest version has some really nifty additions + can run much more animations... like 300 or something in that area.

​Personally, I'd never go back to the older versions.... ever !

​If you, like many of us, get into this, you will find very fast that you are not seeing new anims you add in game.... why, sexlab 1.59's animation number limit.

Installing Python is NOT required in order to install and use SLAL packs, I have 5 animation packs installed without problems and I don't have Python installed, skullmosher's problem is probably due to still running sexlab 1.59, as Tefajo pointed out in his post.

The packs don't show up in the FNIS generate for users as SLAL packs, they just get listed by whatever name the mod author gave them.

Hmmm, more info is always a good thing. I noticed his older sexlab version, but was unaware/didn't see that SLAL required the new one..... now I know ;)

​However, I too had issues with SLAL Loader at first and was told to do the exact thing I asked him to try.... install Python, run the generator, update the files there first, then in FNIS.

And as that direction to me worked and solved my initial issue... I thought it would be likely the same for him as well.

​​

The author himself said on "his to do list" that he wants to get the FNIS files to update via the generator which suggested to me "to run the generator first".... hence why it seemed a logical suggestion...to me anyway.

But... knowledge is power.... and you've given me more knowledge..... but I will still follow the process outlined to me, which I regurgitated above. It never fails me so why change.

​One thing I do notice however with the running of the generator.... it reorders my anims in a tidy fashion..... meaning that all Nibbles are together, Leito's etc, etc in the drop down menu of SexLab Tools mod..... and I like that myself as well.

​L8r :)

Ok, a few things

I see Sexlab 1.59 in your Fnis Report.

In SLAL page it states you need 1.60+

i also dont see any "SLAL packs installed"

I do see "animations by leito" and "nibbles animation" but not sure if those are SLAL packs or what

In case you did not download any SLAL packs just go here

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/55268-sexlab-animation-loader-guide-and-packs/?p=1389378

Before going too far pick 1 or 2 (download, install with MO, run FNIS, then load the game and check)

Problem solved.  As it turns out, you are correct. SLAL requires SexLab Framework 1.60+ and I was running 1.59c still due to all the dire warnings I'd seen about various problems, which turn out to be fixed now.

Also, I didn't initially see the 1.60+ requirement since SLAL references are scattered across about a half dozen threads (some of which link back to each other), making navigation a bit challenging at first.

The leito and nibbles animations are, indeed, SLAL packs.  Got it working now that sexlab is up-to-date.

Now I just need to go see if updating python borked my Blender installation...

Thanks again for all the help.

• 2 years later...
On 5/27/2016 at 5:04 AM, GameLover said:

Go here: \Data\SLAnims\SLAnimGenerate.pyw (python file)

Double click the above file "SLAnimGenerate" file.

IF you have the necessary stuff installed on your PC, it should open a window.

Sorry for the necro but I'm stuck here.

The SLAnimGenerate.pyw has a white page icon.

What do I need?

this is all very old information and AFAIK only ever applied to animators making their own animations packs.  If that's what you're doing then I apologize.  This is assuming you just want to enable animations somebody else made.

It's handled in an MCM menu now, you shouldn't need to do any of that stuff they're talking about.

These days, you simply install SexLab + dependancies + SLAL, then you install animation packs like you would any other mod.   Then you run FNIS, start game, enable sexlab. Then you open the MCM menu for SLAL and enable (which is just checking a box next to the animation) THEN register any animations which show up there.  You'll know it worked when it says "registered 14 animations" or however many animations there are

If the animation packs don't show up in SLAL's menu then you probably installed them to the wrong directory.  If SLAL doesn't have a menu you either installed SLAL to the wrong directory or are missing dependencies.

• 4 months later...

Hello all,

I'm having a problem with SLAL myself.  I have followed the instructions the best I understood. 

I have JCcontainers installed

SLAL installed

Animation packs installed

Ran SLAnimGenerate and clicked "build all catagories"

Ran FNIS

Loaded game, went to MCM, packs were there

Enabled enough animations to make 125 total

Registered all animations, "64 animations registered"

But no new animations are showing up in Sexlab "toggle animations." 

I've been playing around with this for days, I can't find what's wrong.  I had this working the last time I played Skyrim (I quit for a while and had to reinstall).

Please help, this is really sucking the fun out of things.

Spoiler
5 hours ago, 332qman said:

Hello all,

I'm having a problem with SLAL myself.  I have followed the instructions the best I understood. 

I have JCcontainers installed

SLAL installed

Animation packs installed

Ran FNIS

But no new animations are showing up in Sexlab "toggle animations." 

I've been playing around with this for days, I can't find what's wrong.  I had this working the last time I played Skyrim (I quit for a while and had to reinstall).

Please help, this is really sucking the fun out of things.

Where, specifically, are you looking? You are aware that most of the sections of SexLab animations have more than one page? You may have to move beyond the first page to find your new animations since they are routinely added at the end.

Spoiler
40 minutes ago, 332qman said:

Correct, but I do not see any additional pages to click on.

When you open a page in SexLab MCM, such as Aggressive Animations, there will be a page number at the top of the page (on the right if I remember rightly). When you click on that it will take you to the next page. My creature animation "page" has four pages, for instance.

8 minutes ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

When you open a page in SexLab MCM, such as Aggressive Animations, there will be a page number at the top of the page (on the right if I remember rightly). When you click on that it will take you to the next page. My creature animation "page" has four pages, for instance.

There should be, but there isn't.  Maybe SLAL and SL framework aren't talking to each other?

7 hours ago, 332qman said:

You not need run SLAnimGenerate.py until you want CREATE A NEW PACK.

Spoiler

Creating animation packs

Rydin has written up an excellent guide describing how to create animation packs.

The mod itself contains a readme and an example animation pack source file.
Normally you'll want to edit your animation pack source file, then run SLAnimGenerate.py to generate the FNIS lists and the JSON data read by this mod.
You will need to run GenerateFNISforModders.exe if the FNIS lists change.
An example animation pack can be found here.
Additional documentation can be found in the README or in the example source file.

7 hours ago, 332qman said:

Ran FNIS

That is all that you must make and if you get the message "64 animations registered" the new animations must be in the animation tab of the MCM of SexLab. That is exactly the work of SLAL.

Open the MCM of SexLab and enable DEBUG mode in the last page.

Run again the MCM of SLAL and rebuild the animation registry.

Open the console and look how the animations are registered.

Look again in the animations page of the MCM of SexLab. The new animations must be here.

If the problem persist take a look to the papyrus.log or upload it for we can see it.

Put a copy of your FNIS log for be sure the animations are correctly registered in FNIS.

25 minutes ago, GenioMaestro said:

You not need run SLAnimGenerate.py until you want CREATE A NEW PACK.

Reveal hidden contents

Creating animation packs

Rydin has written up an excellent guide describing how to create animation packs.

The mod itself contains a readme and an example animation pack source file.
Normally you'll want to edit your animation pack source file, then run SLAnimGenerate.py to generate the FNIS lists and the JSON data read by this mod.
You will need to run GenerateFNISforModders.exe if the FNIS lists change.
An example animation pack can be found here.
Additional documentation can be found in the README or in the example source file.

That is all that you must make and if you get the message "64 animations registered" the new animations must be in the animation tab of the MCM of SexLab. That is exactly the work of SLAL.

Open the MCM of SexLab and enable DEBUG mode in the last page.

Run again the MCM of SLAL and rebuild the animation registry.

Open the console and look how the animations are registered.

Look again in the animations page of the MCM of SexLab. The new animations must be here.

If the problem persist take a look to the papyrus.log or upload it for we can see it.

Put a copy of your FNIS log for be sure the animations are correctly registered in FNIS.

I hope these help.  I'm also including some screenshots to show what I'm seeing in game.  I noticed that only the original 60 animations are being shown in console.

enb 2018_12_15 09_08_53_37.bmp

enb 2018_12_15 09_09_10_82.bmp

enb 2018_12_15 09_09_23_84.bmp

FNIS.txt

Papyrus.0.log

Spoiler
48 minutes ago, 332qman said:

I hope these help.  I'm also including some screenshots to show what I'm seeing in game.  I noticed that only the original 60 animations are being shown in console.

FNIS.txt

Papyrus.0.log

Okay, I looked at your screenshots. Just to be certain when you scroll down that animation page your animations aren't there?

Second, you do not need to reset SexLab. You need to hit the first two (in order) lines in SLAL. That is, click "enable all" and then click "register animations." After clicking those two, and only those two, your animations should show up in SexLab.

1 hour ago, 332qman said:

FNIS.txt

Papyrus.0.log

Your second screenshot have the answer: 125 are the animations installed with sexlab by default and you NOT have NEW animations registered by SLAL.

Why??? Look your log... is plenty full of errors:

Spoiler

[12/15/2018 - 09:08:05AM] error: Cannot call Registered() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [SexLabConfigurationMenu (09079840)].sslConfigMenu.ToggleAnimations() - "sslConfigMenu.psc" Line 1045
    [SexLabConfigurationMenu (09079840)].sslConfigMenu.OnPageReset() - "sslConfigMenu.psc" Line 190
    [SexLabConfigurationMenu (09079840)].sslConfigMenu.SetPage() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 865
    [SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (1C000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnPageSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 148
[12/15/2018 - 09:08:05AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp204"
stack:
    [SexLabConfigurationMenu (09079840)].sslConfigMenu.ToggleAnimations() - "sslConfigMenu.psc" Line 1045
    [SexLabConfigurationMenu (09079840)].sslConfigMenu.OnPageReset() - "sslConfigMenu.psc" Line 190
    [SexLabConfigurationMenu (09079840)].sslConfigMenu.SetPage() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 865
    [SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (1C000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnPageSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 148
[12/15/2018 - 09:08:05AM] error: Cannot call Registered() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[12/15/2018 - 09:08:05AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp204"

----------------------------------------------------------------

[12/15/2018 - 09:08:24AM] SLAL: SLAL: registering animations
[12/15/2018 - 09:08:24AM] error: Cannot call initialize() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [SLAnimLoader (8500284D)].slalLoader.InitAnimSlot() - "slalAnimationFactory.psc" Line 39
    [SLAnimLoader (8500284D)].slalLoader.RegisterAnimationCB() - "slalAnimationFactory.psc" Line 31
    [SLAnimLoader (8500284D)].slalLoader.registerAnimIfEnabled() - "slalLoader.psc" Line 104
    [SLAnimLoader (8500284D)].slalLoader.RegisterAnimations() - "slalLoader.psc" Line 39
[12/15/2018 - 09:08:24AM] error: Cannot call Registry() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [SLAnimLoader (8500284D)].slalLoader.InitAnimSlot() - "slalAnimationFactory.psc" Line 40
    [SLAnimLoader (8500284D)].slalLoader.RegisterAnimationCB() - "slalAnimationFactory.psc" Line 31
    [SLAnimLoader (8500284D)].slalLoader.registerAnimIfEnabled() - "slalLoader.psc" Line 104
    [SLAnimLoader (8500284D)].slalLoader.RegisterAnimations() - "slalLoader.psc" Line 39
[12/15/2018 - 09:08:24AM] error: Cannot call Enabled() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [SLAnimLoader (8500284D)].slalLoader.InitAnimSlot() - "slalAnimationFactory.psc" Line 41
[12/15/2018 - 09:08:24AM] error: Cannot call initialize() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [SLAnimLoader (8500284D)].slalLoader.InitAnimSlot() - "slalAnimationFactory.psc" Line 39
[12/15/2018 - 09:08:24AM] error: Cannot call Registry() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [SLAnimLoader (8500284D)].slalLoader.InitAnimSlot() - "slalAnimationFactory.psc" Line 40
[12/15/2018 - 09:08:24AM] error: Cannot call Enabled() on a None object, aborting function call

First make a test in a NEW GAME... Maybe you have some bad in your savegame.

If not works is evident that you have some bad installed... Reinstall in this order:

SKYUI

SexLab

FNIS

SLAL

PapirusUtil 3.3 --> download it and overwrite Sexlab 

JContainers

XPMSE

Run fnis for users again and make a new test in a NEW GAME.

• 9 months later...
On 5/26/2016 at 11:04 PM, GameLover said:

Go here: \Data\SLAnims\SLAnimGenerate.pyw (python file)

Double click the above file "SLAnimGenerate" file.

IF you have the necessary stuff installed on your PC, it should open a window.

If you do get the window pop up...... there will be the packs you have installed in the top portion of that window.

ALSO, right in that window, at the top there is the directory path which you must make sure points to your installations DATA folder. (ie: C:\\.......Bethesda\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data

On the bottom of the same window, there are 3 or 4 buttons ..... click "build all categories", then run FNIS, then go in game and check the MCM window.

From there, activate the anims you want and click the register with sexlab button within the SLAL Loader MCM window.

You then should be set to go unless there is something else wrong.... but I think this may be the problem.

Good luck mate.

PS:

anytime you install new packs or update ones you have already, you need to rerun the above generate file first.

Then "REBUILD" the categories (either all via the rebuild all button or just select the one in the middle window that has (NEEDS REBUILD) next to them and click the other button for the individual pack rebuild.

...then rerun FNIS.

But isn't the point of FNIS to not have to do that? I never had any issue not doing that until I did a clean install and started fresh after I messed the game up lol

Archived