anybody playing SMITE?

darkconsole

SMITE is basically DOTA 2, but from an over the shoulder POV, more heros [at least back when i played during closed beta when it was still cool], and with amazing gamepad support. its free to play on steam, is anybody playing it, have played it, or want to? (not at this exact moment mind you, going to bed after posting this)

i've only logged 114min so far, but thor is pretty dope. dat hammer body throw.

i like that its got a bit more complexity than hots because of the items, has multiple game modes, isn't fucking clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick. i really like being in the action. its got a gw2 control feel to it. but the art style is light, blizzard esque, and some of the animations are so over the top hilarious.

the smite version of lina has no clothes.

post-501843-0-49888700-1463730703_thumb.png

and thor has an ironman outfit. im basically the worlds best thor.

post-501843-0-32191000-1463730772_thumb.png

the character they force you to play in the tutorial has such redonkulous sexist animations and weak sounds that i almost stopped just because i thought the entire game was going to be dumb but decided to stick it out and im glad.

Should probably do your research next time, and not post false "facts". Took me all of three seconds to check.

Should also edit your first post. Ignorance is tolerable, but leaving the wrong information after being proven wrong is not.

As for SMITE, it's not awful, and I did sink a few dozen hours into it, but I personally prefer DotA 2.

Should probably do your research next time, and not post false "facts". Took me all of three seconds to check.

Should also edit your first post. Ignorance is tolerable, but leaving the wrong information after being proven wrong is not.

As for SMITE, it's not awful, and I did sink a few dozen hours into it, but I personally prefer DotA 2.

take a chill pill.

Yeah I do

I have about 300hrs played. I started my MOBA's with League of Legends but didn't really like it too much. I saw SMITE on youtube and thought it was cool so I tried it. It feels more rewarding as well when you do something cool rather than clicking on things.

Would recommend

From my experience you can generally ignore a character's "difficulty" in any dota-style game (I refuse to call them MOBAs, that term is about as generic as saying you saw something "on the internet"). I've found "easy" characters to be hard at times, and found "master" characters to be cakewalks, it really depends on how well they match your playstyle. As for liking SMITE, I played it a good bit but took a break, need to reinstall it as I recently picked up the Ultimate God pack when it was on sale, shame they caved to the complainers and censored so many of the skins though. Take a look at the original Kali for example: http://www.freemmostation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/smite-31.jpg

Yes, the character is somewhat sexualized, but so are basically all real depictions of the goddess, and if you're gonna make your characters based on actual gods and goddesses, why not go for the most accurate depictions you can have?

neith skins and animations are still pretty lollsy. 

im really liking ullr the hunter ranger guy. he is marked as hard. the only thing i dont like about him is the sound his bow makes. its so weak. maybe its legit how a bow sounds but not how i expect for a game lol. needs more bass.

I played it for a while during the alpha but I didn't liked the idea of playing with various gods. I prefer original characters with their own story and lore. Also I don't like mobas with lots of characters because this means bad balance in a long therm. Its very hard to balance all heroes and most of the time it feels like the new ones are like from totally different game because of their playstyle compared to the old ones. Stopped playing LoL LONG time ago just because of that. And it feels like that in HotS atm too. Tracer and Li-Ming have nothing to do with let say Arthas or Raynor. And that's with low amount of heroes. I can imagine what a mess is in LoL.

If you're gonna dislike HotS because Tracer and Li-Ming have nothing to do with other characters, you might as well dislike the entire game rather than based on those characters since there is no overlap whatsoever between the different Blizzard games. Personally I prefer to have a ton of character variety over a small handful, because all the balance in the world won't make up for a game not having a character you enjoy. Original characters and lore are always nice, I wouldn't mind seeing a game that mixes both so the devs get to show their creative side, but they have the characters based in reality as a fallback to keep fresh content pumping out if the creative team hits a road block.

I never said I don't like HotS. I play it almost every day. I had in mind that the old characters are severely imbalanced compared to some of the new ones. Mostly because of the lack of escape/dodge. I found myself destroying most of the old characters when I am using Li-Ming simply because they can't counter at all, and even if they do, I am able to escape very easy.

Ah I misinterpreted what you were saying, I thought you were saying you didn't like it because the characters didn't fit in the lore, looking at the time I posted that I was probably at about half brain functionality lol, disliking the characters because of mechanics makes much more sense.

On topic, spent most of yesterday playing SMITE actually, after spending a few minutes trying to make the ultimate god pack work, there are a lot of characters for that game >.< most of which I have never played, so I spend a lot of time being overwhelmed at the character select screen not knowing who to pick.

Yeah i play smite, if it wasnt for the fact that i dedicated most of my life blood time and money into league of legends, id prob be a smite junkie since i like TPS, i played smite before i played league tho, back when the smite servers were terrible(yeah were actually worse than they are now) and i RQ from it.

i main skadi/susan/merc and trying to learn a few more

Archived