An easy way to solve the cliping problem of outfits with bodyslide support

alucrad90

Have those cliping problems of outfits borthered you? Do you find it hard to solve them? I've found an easy way to solve these problems

post-926582-0-82358900-1462364616_thumb.jpg

Take the outfit of  blackrose as an example, I love big boobs so I set "breast" an "breastSH" to 100%, and saw these clips. In old time I will use brushes to solve them, slow and boring.

post-926582-0-63463000-1462364606_thumb.jpg

But this time I want to try something new. Select the baseshape or nudebody (which I made a mistake when I take the screenshot)

Press the pencil botton of a slider which cause cliping to select it

post-926582-0-79568200-1462364614_thumb.jpg

Then export it to someplace you like

post-926582-0-23297700-1462364613_thumb.jpg

Select the baseshape or nudebody. Make a new slider

post-926582-0-91579000-1462364618_thumb.jpg

Name it and make sure not too many people will use this name (The shape I select is still wrong when I take the screenshot)

post-926582-0-70326200-1462364611_thumb.jpg

Then import the BSD file which we have exported

post-926582-0-92585800-1462364609_thumb.jpg

Now it's done. Try the new slider and you will see that this slider only affect the baseshape(usually the nude body).

Save the project and now you can adjust the body individually and it'll solve a lot of cliping problems

post-926582-0-42486800-1462364608_thumb.jpg

This methord is not only easy for our end users, but also for moders. You can make some individual sliders for baseshape like "leg","arm" and so on.

Sorry, i don't think this is the best method... I see one huge problem with this, each outfit will have a custom slider, any preset will not fit to it, so no batch building.

Another point, you can adjust the same way you show in the slider, without custom slider, way faster and very very easy.

Sorry, i don't think this is the best method... I see one huge problem with this, each outfit will have a custom slider, any preset will not fit to it, so no batch building.

Another point, you can adjust the same way you show in the slider, without custom slider, way faster and very very easy.

You can just add this value to your presets, and you can choose some sliders which often cause clips and give them the same name of each outfits

Acturally this is a method rather for modders but not end users. For mods like "vanilla outfits replacements" we really need a simple way to deal with clips of over 100 outfits .

Thanks for the guide. Is this at all similar to how you would go about adding a slider to an outfit? I want to add the muscle sliders and 7B sliders to a CBBE outfit that doesn't already have them.

Your problem will be easier to solve by loading refference.

Sliders could only be imported with the same shape that you export it. Though I think the baseshapes of cbbe are realy the same

You know you can edit the slider in the outfit studio right? You don't have to make a new one... You just edit it, remove slide power from the basemesh or the outfit, play with the tools if you want a fine tune, and just save and you are ready to go, no export import etc... Sorry i don't see logic on this...

And if you think is easy to export import 100 times... well... ok.

alucrad90, i know you want to help, and i think this is great, i think everyone should contribute to modding community with knowledge or mods.

But what you are suggestion to people, is to broke their bodyslides, let me show a better, correct way to fix clipping... I use this steps on all my outfits, because the problem most of the time is not just clipping, but adjusting, for example, in my fortaleza mk2 armor, the chest part deforms a lot with big breasts sliders, so i have to adjust the sliders, i got some presets people are using and adjust it, take me 10 min max.

Open outfit studio

Load project that you want to fix

Slider, load preset, choose your preset

See what is clipping, if clipping happens if because the outfit have lowpoly, so you have to or make a zap mask to the location (easy way and better way) or you need to use the tools to adjust the polys, since cbbe is high poly, is way easy to just make a zap mask.

To adjust each slider just click on it (a pencil icon), if you put + ou - you will control the strenght of the morph, or you can edit with the tools.

Save project

Done no clipping and you can batch build everything.

If you want to take time to make a nice setup, edit the weights, just go to the bones tap, and check the bones weights with the outfit, is very common a weight transfer to the wrong location, just erase it, put the tool strenght to 100%, hold alt and erase it.

You know you can edit the slider in the outfit studio right? You don't have to make a new one... You just edit it, remove slide power from the basemesh or the outfit, play with the tools if you want a fine tune, and just save and you are ready to go, no export import etc... Sorry i don't see logic on this...

;) The main purpose of this method is to seperate the sliders of body with the sliders of outfits

Take the "breasts" slider as an example

Yeah, you can make a slider that at 100% shows the shape of  a c-cup body with a d-cup outfit, which fit the need of "d-cup" user with little clips.

But if the user want a g-cup breasts who set the slider to 200%, it has a high chance of clips.

Then with the method above, a "d-cup" user could just set his body and outfit both to 100% with low clip chance,while a g-cup user could just set the slider of body to 200% while set the slider of outfit to 220% to reduce the clip chances.

Yeah you can use brushes to solve the clipping problem, but what about over 100 outfits? Manully correct them one by one?

But you can do this. Just click on + or - for each part... Them you can have a body with 10000% and the outfit with 0% or vice versa...

;) Manually do this for over 100 outfits? Maybe 3-5 turns in the future? And every end user who face the problem of clipping should do such task?

For the clicks, doing in the right way should be less, in the time, don't know, i take 1 or 2 minutes to adjust a outfit, but for starter the outfit should be shared adjusted already, but once you do it, you have a adjusted setup forever, for any preset, and you can batch build.

But really, i give up, you should have plenty of experience to defend this method.

For the clicks, doing in the right way should be less, in the time, don't know, i take 1 or 2 minutes to adjust a outfit, but for starter the outfit should be shared adjusted already, but once you do it, you have a adjusted setup forever, for any preset, and you can batch build.

But really, i give up, you should have plenty of experience to defend this method.

Making a preset is far easier than adjust the sliders. If modders could share the same standard of those extra sliders, batch build is also easy, too

Making a preset is far easier than adjust the sliders. If modders could share the same standard of those extra sliders, batch build is also easy, too

It's an interesting approach but, in the end, editing or zapping the mesh in outfit studio doesn't take much time even if you want to be a perfectionist. Instead of fiddling with sliders I'd much rather directly fix the few vertices that are acting up.

It's an interesting approach but, in the end, editing or zapping the mesh in outfit studio doesn't take much time even if you want to be a perfectionist. Instead of fiddling with sliders I'd much rather directly fix the few vertices that are acting up.

;) Hey friend, let me tell a story

There used to be a mod called CT77 Remodeled Armor in skrim, which contains over 80 outfits. One day I began to convert it to a chsbhc/manga like basebody. It cost me around 2 monthes (2 hours a day) to solve those clippings. Then, there comes the UUNP verson, and I have to repeat all the work again.

Now with around 6-7 extra sliders, you can solve quite a lot  clippings even without open the OS. Acturally I've made a reference baseshape which a modder could add this feature to their mods in 1 minute. I'm sure it will save hours of people who loves extrame slider values like me.

How do I add the slider to an outfit that doesn't have it already in outfit studio? The spartan sniper outfit doesn't have to "muscle" or 7B sliders because it was made with an older version of Bodyslide/Outfit Studio so how do I go about updating it so to speak?

Edit: Realized while hitting submit this wasn't directed at me lol. Do you have any insight on this though?

How do I add the slider to an outfit that doesn't have it already in outfit studio? The spartan sniper outfit doesn't have to "muscle" or 7B sliders because it was made with an older version of Bodyslide/Outfit Studio so how do I go about updating it so to speak?

Edit: Realized while hitting submit this wasn't directed at me lol. Do you have any insight on this though?

Cell have posted a tourial these days:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=4083855

Cell have posted a tourial these days:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=4083855

Oh perfect, thank you. Probably wouldn't have gone back to check there for a few days lol.

Archived