Terminator themed laser effects

Syndonai

Hello all,

I tried uploading my mod up to the Nexus to share with anyone who fancied it, but was taken down only minutes after for copywrite reasons (probably because I'd mentioned 'terminator' in the description. So here I am, looking for another avenue to share it.

Anyways, basically I've replaced all the laser sound effects (Pistol/Rifle/Gattling) with ones based on the Terminator future war setting. I was primarily motivated by the Laser Bolt FX on the Nexus, and a lack of other decent mods to change the sound effects.

Hopefully there are terminator fans out there who'll enjoy this as much as I do. It works especially well with the new Automatron DLC too.

Terminator SFX.zip

Hello all,

I tried uploading my mod up to the Nexus to share with anyone who fancied it, but was taken down only minutes after for copywrite reasons (probably because I'd mentioned 'terminator' in the description. So here I am, looking for another avenue to share it.

Anyways, basically I've replaced all the laser sound effects (Pistol/Rifle/Gattling) with ones based on the Terminator future war setting. I was primarily motivated by the Laser Bolt FX on the Nexus, and a lack of other decent mods to change the sound effects.

Hopefully there are terminator fans out there who'll enjoy this as much as I do. It works especially well with the new Automatron DLC too.

I'll give it a try!

Screw those assholes over in Diamond City! :D

Thank you Syndonai, I have terminator mesh models, want to replace them over institute cyborgs for my game someday.

You're very welcome. After playing about with the Automatron DLC, I realised that it'd eventually be possible to have all forms of skynet's machines (considering how modular it is in construction). Even the mini flying HK's from T3 would be feasable, lol.

I finally got around to trying this out, and I've got to say I really like it. Oddly enough it doesn't sound out of place at all in the Fallout universe.

A full on Terminator themed mod would be pretty cool, right down to the laser weapons the T-800s carry (because quite frankly.. those big blocky Institute weapons look HIDEOUS). I already use a mod that makes all of the synths in my game look allot like T-800s, so this sound mod fits in perfectly.

It would be nice to have the incoming sounds changed too though, currently while on the receiving end of laser weapons I noticed they still use the vanilla laser rifle sounds.

It would be nice to have the incoming sounds changed too though, currently while on the receiving end of laser weapons I noticed they still use the vanilla laser rifle sounds.

Yeah, I hadn't thought about the impact sounds themselves. Something to work on in the meantime I suppose, lol. Got pre-occupied getting the looping effects working properly.

Too bad it's SFX only. Would be very cool in combination with violet lasers from the movie.

I personally use the purple variant of Laser Bolt FX on the nexus (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8513) as that is very Terminator like. It's actually what pushed me to get the sound effects done.

• 1 year later...

Archived