[S3] OKW Animation - Help needed

I finally gave animating for OKW a go. It is hard, but I'm willing to learn and improve my skill. 

Today is my first day in this new project. I've made one test animation, to get to know blender. It's hideous, but OK, it's a first animation so I don't need do be too harsh on myself. 

The animation(it's a GIF):

post-1018818-0-79701500-1460152653_thumb.gif

Yeah, it's not natural at all, I know... but it's a start!

Before I start with other animations, I would like to test this one out in my game. The problem is: I have no idea how to do that. Can somebody help me with this?

What do I need to do to make this an OKW animation file?

What do I have to do to make sure this dude ends up on the bed?

I can't find any information on how to do this. Only for Animated Woohoo, but I don't use that mod (and don't want to either). I really want to make it an animation for OKW. 

I didn't want to spam the animators or OnikiKay, but help (from whoever can help me) would be very much appreciated. If I get the hang of it I want to make more animations, complexer ones, but before I frustrate myself that way I really want to know how to get them in my game :P

Thanks in advance!

MJ

(I would really love to know how to add sound too! Actually, I would love to know everything that is essential for animating ;) Pretty please?)

Uhm...for a first animation--that's really not terrible, especially if you look at the original animations for any kind of animated woohoo (XTC). Lol I hope he doesn't mind me saying that.

Anyway -- send a message to Lady, Amra, or the Master. They're very helpful when it comes to answering questions about adding sound.

Wish I could tell you but I have absolutely no idea.

Uhm...for a first animation--that's really not terrible, especially if you look at the original animations for any kind of animated woohoo (XTC). Lol I hope he doesn't mind me saying that.

Anyway -- send a message to Lady, Amra, or the Master. They're very helpful when it comes to answering questions about adding sound.

Hmm, think I will eventually. I always feel a bit shy when asking someone directly for help. I have so many questions that I'm afraid I will overload the poor guy/girl.

setting up your skeleton aside from the rigs in the masters tutorial.

What do you mean by that? See, so much to learn! ;)

Usefull post :D

"Hey, i won't help you but i just come to say your animation suck, have a nice day " 

"Hey, i won't help you but i just come to say your animation suck, have a nice day " 

Isn't it ironic? ;)

Hmm, think I will eventually. I always feel a bit shy when asking someone directly for help. I have so many questions that I'm afraid I will overload the poor guy/girl.

I'm on my phone so I can't go into more detail but look up blender ik rigging on YouTube and you'll find where they set up a skeleton to give your animations a more fluid look. There really isn't a good tutorial for Sims 3 out there in my opinion. You have the one you'll probably find where the guy shows you how wave. The other one I found wasn't in English so it didn't help me at all. I don't know about Amra but Lady and Mike know a lot about ik rigging, that's why their animations have such fluidity to them as well as being experienced animators. I was giving animating serious thought at the beginning of the year but my gaming interests changed.

Isn't it ironic? ;)

Extremely.  :dodgy:

:( I can't speak for any of them but I have seen them respond to questions about how to work animations in their own threads and ask threads here in the forum. I know what you mean about not wanting to pester the experts. You have two specific inquiries though. It's not like you're asking them the secrets of their craft lol ;p

I'm on my phone so I can't go into more detail but look up blender ik rigging on YouTube and you'll find where they set up a skeleton to give your animations a more fluid look. There really isn't a good tutorial for Sims 3 out there in my opinion. You have the one you'll probably find where the guy shows you how wave. The other one I found wasn't in English so it didn't help me at all. I don't know about Amra but Lady and Mike know a lot about ik rigging, that's why their animations have such fluidity to them as well as being experienced animators. I was giving animating serious thought at the beginning of the year but my gaming interests changed.

I've just watched a long turtorial on inverse kinematic, although it wasn't specifically for TS3. Still helpful, but wow, it's complex! I'm a total noob with 3D programs and never did anything that even looks like an animation. I did soms poses for the sims 4, but poses are easy. Animating is serious business.... My respect for the animators is getting bigger and bigger.

Thanks for the information, very helpful. I think I'm just going to keep on watching tutorials and play around with blender, make more test animations, and hope that I will learn quickly. 

I can't speak for any of them but I have seen them respond to questions about how to work animations in their own threads and ask threads here in the forum. I know what you mean about not wanting to pester the experts. You have two specific inquiries though. It's not like you're asking them the secrets of their craft lol ;p

Yeah, true that. I will ask them directly when I'm more advanced I think (and hope I will get there). After watching some tutorials about blender I realize I have a long way to go before my animations are even game-worthy. Maybe testing them out so quick isn't what I need, or else I will settle for less. 

Guest Lickmebitch777

I finally gave animating for OKW a go. It is hard, but I'm willing to learn and improve my skill. 

Today is my first day in this new project. I've made one test animation, to get to know blender. It's hideous, but OK, it's a first animation so I don't need do be too harsh on myself. 

The animation(it's a GIF):

attachicon.gif12775q.gif

Yeah, it's not natural at all, I know... but it's a start!

Before I start with other animations, I would like to test this one out in my game. The problem is: I have no idea how to do that. Can somebody help me with this?

What do I need to do to make this an OKW animation file?

What do I have to do to make sure this dude ends up on the bed?

I can't find any information on how to do this. Only for Animated Woohoo, but I don't use that mod (and don't want to either). I really want to make it an animation for OKW. 

I didn't want to spam the animators or OnikiKay, but help (from whoever can help me) would be very much appreciated. If I get the hang of it I want to make more animations, complexer ones, but before I frustrate myself that way I really want to know how to get them in my game :P

Thanks in advance!

MJ

(I would really love to know how to add sound too! Actually, I would love to know everything that is essential for animating ;) Pretty please?)

It looks professional for a first time ;)  

Success and keeping great this way!  :D \m/ 

Yeah, true that. I will ask them directly when I'm more advanced I think (and hope I will get there). After watching some tutorials about blender I realize I have a long way to go before my animations are even game-worthy. Maybe testing them out so quick isn't what I need, or else I will settle for less. 

The logic of use of AW is in many respects similar to logic of use of KW. For a start you should study the management from the master http://www.loverslab.com/topic/40985-how-to-animated-woohoo-a-complete-step-for-step-walkthrough/

Rigs for IK. I will attach to this message.

sim-rigs-1_55_SB_Constraints_fixed.rar

The logic of use of AW is in many respects similar to logic of use of KW. For a start you should study the management from the master http://www.loverslab.com/topic/40985-how-to-animated-woohoo-a-complete-step-for-step-walkthrough/

Ah, thank you very much! I'm playing around in blender with these rigs now, and I noticed the difference immediately. 

Thanks everyone for the tips and/or compliments, much appreciated. It's a good thing I have a lot of free time for now, because animating isn't a thing you learn over the night. I really hope I'll get the hang of it, most of it is abracadabra to me now... Keep watching turtorials, read read read and play around in blender. Come on MJ, yes you can!!! :P

Ah, thank you very much! I'm playing around in blender with these rigs now, and I noticed the difference immediately. 

Thanks everyone for the tips and/or compliments, much appreciated. It's a good thing I have a lot of free time for now, because animating isn't a thing you learn over the night. I really hope I'll get the hang of it, most of it is abracadabra to me now... Keep watching turtorials, read read read and play around in blender. Come on MJ, yes you can!!! :P

I'm experimenting with aninations in Blender too. If I can help - Welcome. 

Better than mine when I started ... <_< 

GO GO MJ  :D woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo

a20e77f3a3fc41bb98bad75c651ac7b2.jpg

[.....]

The rigs have a IK constraint without target, right ?  With this construction we can't  bend the knees automatic. I use pole targets for arms and legs but I still have the problem that the feet go through the x-axis up to the ankles when I move down the root_bind.

I learned a lot about IK and bone constraints but the sims rig is so complicated because of the large distances between the bones.  I have tried so many versions but none was perfect.

By any chance anybody can give me some advice by what means I get the feet stay on the ground ?

Better than mine when I started ... <_< 

GO GO MJ  :D woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo

a20e77f3a3fc41bb98bad75c651ac7b2.jpg

Better than yours when you started? :o I find it very hard to believe that, you're the queen of animating! Haha :D

[.....]

The rigs have a IK constraint without target, right ?  With this construction we can't  bend the knees automatic. I use pole targets for arms and legs but I still have the problem that the feet go through the x-axis up to the ankles when I move down the root_bind.

I learned a lot about IK and bone constraints but the sims rig is so complicated because of the large distances between the bones.  I have tried so many versions but none was perfect.

By any chance anybody can give me some advice by what means I get the feet stay on the ground ?

I would really love to know that too, how you can keep the feet on the ground. 

May I ask you LaCigogne, how you set up the pole targets? I want knees to bend automatic when I move the root_bind, but I just can't seem to figure out how to do it. :( 

I use the rig Asser send me. But in edit mode, when trying to add a pole target, I seem to mess up. I don't understand how to configure the skeleton yet... I'm trying, and maybe I'll learn from my failure eventually. Lol. 

Seriously, look for yourself. This was my first animation, this is not inside of my animations, guess what.  :wacko:  :D 

attachicon.gifblender-2016-04-11-16-52-54-18.gif

Wow, whut? That's nothing like the level you're on now! This keeps me confident to get on going and improve my rigging skills. Look where you're now? You're the best animator for the sims (IMHO) and it appears you started out just like me. :D I must keep going and keep learning, nobody starts at the top :)

The rigs have a IK constraint without target, right ?  With this construction we can't  bend the knees automatic. I use pole targets for arms and legs but I still have the problem that the feet go through the x-axis up to the ankles when I move down the root_bind.

I learned a lot about IK and bone constraints but the sims rig is so complicated because of the large distances between the bones.  I have tried so many versions but none was perfect.

By any chance anybody can give me some advice by what means I get the feet stay on the ground ?

I would really love to know that too, how you can keep the feet on the ground. 

May I ask you LaCigogne, how you set up the pole targets? I want knees to bend automatic when I move the root_bind, but I just can't seem to figure out how to do it. :(

I use the rig Asser send me. But in edit mode, when trying to add a pole target, I seem to mess up. I don't understand how to configure the skeleton yet... I'm trying, and maybe I'll learn from my failure eventually. Lol. 

I think I have the answer to this. The theory at least. I haven't tried it out on the rig yet, but I will try tomorrow (I'm too sleepy atm). 

[.....]

The rigs have a IK constraint without target, right ?  With this construction we can't  bend the knees automatic. I use pole targets for arms and legs but I still have the problem that the feet go through the x-axis up to the ankles when I move down the root_bind.

I learned a lot about IK and bone constraints but the sims rig is so complicated because of the large distances between the bones.  I have tried so many versions but none was perfect.

By any chance anybody can give me some advice by what means I get the feet stay on the ground ?

It's possible, but you should construct an own skeleton, most likely.

Seriously, look for yourself. This was my first animation, this is not inside of my animations, guess what.  :wacko:  :D 

Wow, whut? That's nothing like the level you're on now! This keeps me confident to get on going and improve my rigging skills. Look where you're now? You're the best animator for the sims (IMHO) and it appears you started out just like me. :D I must keep going and keep learning, nobody starts at the top :)

I think I have the answer to this. The theory at least. I haven't tried it out on the rig yet, but I will try tomorrow (I'm too sleepy atm). 

Unfortunately, this lesson will hardly help with work with sim-Rigs. TS3 has a few other structure of a skeleton.

If I am not right, then I will be happy if Lady666 corrects me.

[.....]

Unfortunately, this lesson will hardly help with work with sim-Rigs. TS3 has a few other structure of a skeleton.

Really? That would make me very sad...

Lady666 I adore all your creations! Great job!!!

Thanks, and thank you again for share your rig. I need to confess your rig is really good, I tried to do the same in my first skeletons that I worked, but copy rotation sometimes bug me, but is great to do fast animations. Really good.

[.....]

Let's wait what will tell Lady666. She is a professional. And also knows for certain.

It's hard for the sims 3, I need to confess, but is a good example to do reverse foot for sim 3 rig. ;) It will not be easy if you are a beginner but is not impossible. :P In true, almost everything is not impossible inside this tutorial, just win in the lottery..., it's trully impossible. :mellow::lol:

It's any difficult for me to explain detailed, my English is not perfect :-/

This simple tutorial show the task of pole targets. I have extruded the targets from the ExportPole of elbow and knee. They are hidden but in edit mode you can see the bones. The pole targets of knee must be unparent respectively you parent this bones to the root bone.

The tutorials from Darrin Lile are excellent. I would recommend that you watch his videos Blender Character Rigging Part 1 to 10. They are very helpful to understand the rigging.

Archived