Teleporting during sex outside. Why is it happening?

"skyrim"

is it every time or just sometimes?

ObjectReference.MoveTo can sometimes cause what is moved to become unloaded by the game partially (location wtf bugs) or completely (load screen, then location wtf bugs) and thats how you line up scenes. its documented on the creationkit wiki (not that you would have a reason to read it unless you were modding).  unless its happening all the time, its just a thing we deal with.

"skyrim"

is it every time or just sometimes?

ObjectReference.MoveTo can sometimes cause what is moved to become unloaded by the game partially (location wtf bugs) or completely (load screen, then location wtf bugs) and thats how you line up scenes. its documented on the creationkit wiki (not that you would have a reason to read it unless you were modding).  unless its happening all the time, its just a thing we deal with.

it only happens a few times, it mainly happened when i was working with the giants.

It is based on a bug but with randomness so it may be hard to identify where or when it will happen. There have been other threads I've read, trying to find out why it happens, whether slopes, hills, ledges or something might be more prone to causing that.  Also odd was the fact that the you always dropped into the same giant camp. Some speculation was that it was the center of the map or that there was some other special feature of the coordinates.

I hadn't seen it mentioned before that the specific follow/move function was the culprit, would that mean it should happen less now that the teleport is a feature we can turn on or off in Sexlab?

It is based on a bug but with randomness so it may be hard to identify where or when it will happen. There have been other threads I've read, trying to find out why it happens, whether slopes, hills, ledges or something might be more prone to causing that.  Also odd was the fact that the you always dropped into the same giant camp. Some speculation was that it was the center of the map or that there was some other special feature of the coordinates.

I hadn't seen it mentioned before that the specific follow/move function was the culprit, would that mean it should happen less now that the teleport is a feature we can turn on or off in Sexlab?

Nah. MoveTo is just how you have to move things to stack them up so their animations line up. It's just kinda a thing we are stuck with.

Don't feel paranoid ther1pper, this happens with my game on occasion and I always land in the same place as well.  It is totally random and for absolutely no reason I can fathom. 

If you go to God mode on the way down and change perspective, you occasionally teleport back to were you where and continue the scene - again no idea why this works only 'occasionally.'

yes i have seen this too outside but mostly seem to be collision detection spawning the player away from where it suppose to be. this only happens when there is obstacles around like rocks, furnature or cramped places etc.. 

Bleak falls barrows seem to be one such places this happens allot near the entrance with the big stairs moving up.

It seems some changes in skyrim.ini finished this (and some other) bug for me, but i've read a lot of comments about them and many were arguing which are proper settings. However, that works for me:

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=2

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=2

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2500.0

iMinMemoryPageSize=128

iMaxMemoryPageSize=768

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=2147483647

The first two will give scripts more time to work and therefore decrease your performance, default is 1.2 (instead of 2). Another often recommended value is 1.6.

Third point will increase the time for loading screens to give scripts more time to load. Default is 500 for PC, i believe 2000 for xbox.

• 1 year later...

It seems some changes in skyrim.ini finished this (and some other) bug for me, but i've read a lot of comments about them and many were arguing which are proper settings. However, that works for me:

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=2

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=2

iMinMemoryPageSize=128

iMaxMemoryPageSize=768

The first two will give scripts more time to work and therefore decrease your performance, default is 1.2 (instead of 2). Another often recommended value is 1.6.

Third point will increase the time for loading screens to give scripts more time to load. Default is 500 for PC, i believe 2000 for xbox.

Doesn't help at all for me.

I still get this bug frequently and it's one of the things that prevent me from playing the game instead of modding it. ^^

That other fix posted somewhere where you clear and refresh the Sexlab registry kind of helps, but only for one or two orgies. After that it's back to giant camp, mostly on the second animation playing.

Stupid freaking game!  :angry:

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=2

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=2

iMinMemoryPageSize=128

iMaxMemoryPageSize=768

Doesn't help at all for me.

I still get this bug frequently and it's one of the things that prevent me from playing the game instead of modding it. ^^

That other fix posted somewhere where you clear and refresh the Sexlab registry kind of helps, but only for one or two orgies. After that it's back to giant camp, mostly on the second animation playing.

Stupid freaking game!  :angry:

To be sure: i've learned some things since this post and i definitly don't recommend those settings anymore. Especially

raised the probability of stack dumps a lot, i'd rather leave that at default. The other settings depend, they definitly decrease performance, but can increase stability.

For the giants camp... i'm 95% sure it's somehow script related but i'm not entirely sure how. When i get this bug these days, Devious Devices or Defeat were always involved but i rather assume it a script lag/hickup than actually a bug in DD. Reloading an earlier save (sometimes the second or even third, depends) let me continue playing. While just reloading the latest save and doing the same things often leads to teleporting again, an alternative to reloading older than the last saves seem to be to start a sexlab scene in different circumstances, and i think beeing interiors helps too.
So it seems there is a script that either forgot to finish some sexlab commands to finish or something similar. One successfull performance seems to fix it, though. If you get the bug on a regular basis... 

fUpdateBudgetMS=2

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=2

playing a bit with the values here might help. Recommended are values between 1.2 and 2.0, but i've also seen 0.6. If that doesn't help, i guess you should reduce your overall scriptload.

Archived