Need Help Removing a Dialog Quest

Okay, there is a specific dialog quest I'd like to remove from my game because I'm so sick of hearing it.

The quest is DialogGenericScene04 in the quest folder in CK.

This is the joke dialog that plays between two single women and a single man.  The first few times I heard this joke in taverns it was funny.  But when you have a male steward for your BYOH and several single female followers... after the 100th time it gets less funny.  The worst are those times the game plays the scene several times in a row, my record is seven times in a row back to back.  That just got... well, people died (and then I reloaded the game).

Anyway, personal feelings aside, I really just want to remove this joke from my game so it doesn't play at all.  Alternately I would be fine if it only played in taverns or in towns but NOT (as in never, ever ever again) in a player home.  That sounds more complicated so I'll settle for just getting rid of the joke.

I've never tried to remove such a quest before so I'm concerned I may mess up my game if i just delete it in CK.  From what I can tell there seems to be something else that triggers the scene but I'm not sure what that is and I'm guessing that something else is probably what I actually need to edit to remove / disable the reference to this one dialog scene.

So, any advice, what's the best way to disable / remove that scene from my game?

Edit the dialogue (Topic Info), and add an impossible condition to it (like Subjet id = Armor ID)

Or you can remove the dialogue from the Radiant Quest System, but this is more complicated to do.

Okay, there is a specific dialog quest I'd like to remove from my game because I'm so sick of hearing it.

The quest is DialogGenericScene04 in the quest folder in CK.

This is the joke dialog that plays between two single women and a single man.  The first few times I heard this joke in taverns it was funny.  But when you have a male steward for your BYOH and several single female followers... after the 100th time it gets less funny.  The worst are those times the game plays the scene several times in a row, my record is seven times in a row back to back.  That just got... well, people died (and then I reloaded the game).

Anyway, personal feelings aside, I really just want to remove this joke from my game so it doesn't play at all.  Alternately I would be fine if it only played in taverns or in towns but NOT (as in never, ever ever again) in a player home.  That sounds more complicated so I'll settle for just getting rid of the joke.

I've never tried to remove such a quest before so I'm concerned I may mess up my game if i just delete it in CK.  From what I can tell there seems to be something else that triggers the scene but I'm not sure what that is and I'm guessing that something else is probably what I actually need to edit to remove / disable the reference to this one dialog scene.

So, any advice, what's the best way to disable / remove that scene from my game?

that's actually imo the most annoying thing to happen in skyrim, minding my own business and some dude has to waltz into my house just to complete THAT joke

3 slaves from that and i had to ignore 2 other guys for it

Here is fine or you can site mail me and I also have Skype.  I didn't want to put you to much bother though, but very much appreciate the help.  I've a lot to learn yet.

For a bit of background, I'm pretty good at building locations in CK, making and altering NPCs and I've started delving into the deep end of magic effects.  Scripting though is something I just haven't had time to learn yet (I've got a basic familiarity with Ruby but I'm barely a coder in that, Papyrus seems somewhat similar from what little I've looked) and I've only just started figuring out the quest system, I know some basics and that's about it, plus whatever types of conditional arguments and so forth carry over from tinkering with magic.  Just so you kind of have an idea what my modding skill level is.

To Clifton:

Heh, well hopefully in the very near future I'll be able to pass a simple esp to ya that will eliminate it. :D

EDIT:

Okay, if I understood CPU correctly, I added the condition to the quest on the Quest Data tab as follows "Location Has Keyword" "LocTypeInn" == 1.00 (true) AND

So that should, if I understand this correctly check to see if you're in an Inn, if you are the scene can play, if not it won't.  A picture being worth a thousand words, here's a screenshot of what I did.

post-749264-0-88989500-1459891389_thumb.jpg

Here is fine or you can site mail me and I also have Skype.  I didn't want to put you to much bother though, but very much appreciate the help.  I've a lot to learn yet.

For a bit of background, I'm pretty good at building locations in CK, making and altering NPCs and I've started delving into the deep end of magic effects.  Scripting though is something I just haven't had time to learn yet (I've got a basic familiarity with Ruby but I'm barely a coder in that, Papyrus seems somewhat similar from what little I've looked) and I've only just started figuring out the quest system, I know some basics and that's about it, plus whatever types of conditional arguments and so forth carry over from tinkering with magic.  Just so you kind of have an idea what my modding skill level is.

To Clifton:

Heh, well hopefully in the very near future I'll be able to pass a simple esp to ya that will eliminate it. :D

I am available pretty much always for PMs. If you want one hour or two of "CK teching" using Skype, it is fine for me, but we need to define the timing.

Usually I am available after 7PM during the work days (now always but often) and pretty much always during the week-ends.

Keep in mind that I live in New England, so my time zone is EST.

To Clifton:

I am available pretty much always for PMs. If you want one hour or two of "CK teching" using Skype, it is fine for me, but we need to define the timing.

Usually I am available after 7PM during the work days (now always but often) and pretty much always during the week-ends.

Keep in mind that I live in New England, so my time zone is EST.

Skype would be awesome, I'm also on the east coast, bit south of you.   My schedule is pretty flexible so can work around whatever your schedule is.  Will PM you my skype info.

Archived