IGNORED

How to make NPC's have various bodies?

Currently, every NPC has exactly the same body. (I mean, apart from gender differences and race-caused height differences.) I wish some NPC's were taller, some shorter, some thinner, some fatter. How to do that?

I tried a number of mods. I used a savegame where I was halfway from Helgen to Riverwood. I installed a mod with all its required mods, loaded that savegame, went to Riverwood and Whiterun and loaded sex animations with a  number of women to see if anything was different. Then I deactivated that mod and tested a new one.

I tried Realistic Body System Remade. (Its demo video is most impressive. That is exactly what I need.) I had the executable create 30 body types. It worked over an hour, created 16 GB of data... and changed absolutely nothing in the game. I posted a question on the mod's home page but it wasn't answered. Besides, RBS was meant to change only female bodies anyway, so even if it had worked, it would have been only half of the solution. (Admittedly, the much more important half, but still not the perfect solution.)

I tried EveryBodys Different Redone. It has a very simple and convenient system of setting the maximal and minimal height for each race, as well as women's height relative to men. That thing worked perfectly. Unfortunately, the mod didn't change bodies in any way. That is, when someone became, say, 20% shorter, they also became 20% thinner – that is, not a credible-looking short person but a caricature of their former self. Needless to say, all the breasts were still exactly the same. So that mod's name is misleading. It makes no body different. It only scales them up or down, leaving all proportions of the body exactly the same. Better than nothing, but far from enough.

I tried NPC Body Scale Randomizer. It makes bodies somewhat different all right, except that it doesn't do it automatically. You have to approach every NPC separately and press a hotkey to randomize their body. I made a woman a head taller and in the following sex animation she was indeed a head taller. Unfortunately, the breasts were still exactly the same. The mod's MCM lets you choose the size of the "bust" but that appears to change the size of the woman's whole upper body, leaving the shape and size of the breasts relative to the body unchanged. Although the mod promises to randomize weight as well, it does not. A person who gets smaller gets also proportionally thinner, looking as unrealistic as with EBD.

I tried Bodytypes of Skyrim with Body Types Resources, NPCs Nudity Addon, SexLab Patch and whatnot. Even though the user guide claims that bodies are randomized when first loaded, that was not the case. All bodies were exactly the same as before. The added spells "change body type" and "customize NPC" didn't do anything.

I tried HDT Breast and Butt Physics. Everything was exactly the same as before.

I tried Unique Everything. Everything was exactly the same as before.

I could not try the original Realistic Body System because it had been taken down.

I did not bother trying the original EveryBodys Different, because I didn't think it would do anything more that the Redone version.

I didn't try The Spice of Life - NPC Body Variety, because its description suggests that I would have to edit NPCs manually one by one, but I want something entirely different – that I could just play the game and encounter NPCs whom the game has already randomized for me.

I was unable to find any other mods which would at least claim to make NPC bodies different.

At present, the only body type variety I have is penises, which Schlongs of Skyrim varies flawlessly. But that is, of course, of rather minor importance. What I really need is women to have different types of bodies.

Have you heard of any mods that do what RBS promises to do – make the game equip NPC's with various bodies?

(Could it have something to do with skeletons??)

Ok I don't know why NPC Body Scale Randomizer is doing that for you. I got the mod through All-In-One HDT Animated Pussy and it randomizes automatically on a timer that you can change yourself, and it allowed randomizing from height to weight to breast size to ass size and even penis size.

I used a mod called Everybody's different, randomizes height, facial features, hair, skin textures etc for every npc in the game automatically and uses any textures, meshes, hair,eyes etc that you install in your game so they end up being way nicer looking if you've got decent things installed. mix that with the npc body scale randomizer (just for breasts & butts-i don't mess with weights because of the next alignment issue) and presto! npcs look unique and different every time you start a new game.

As for the thinner-fatter variants of male NPCs (only males/ females are unfortunately not supported), 

you can download SAM: Shape Atlas for Men - Recorded from ladymoiraine.com and use it.

http://www.ladymoiraine.com/index.php?/files/category/4-sam-downloads/

However, there are some difficulties with SAM (at least for my Skyrim): 

1. Few non-vanilla male armors/ clothes are compatible with SAM (More exactly speaking, not compatible with muscle (Samson) and fat (Samuel) sliders of SAM).
  2.  Probably you have to adjust shape change sliders' setting in MCM in accordance with your taste.
  3. Not all the people, but some people (including I) experience some incompatibility with the latest NIoverride (i.e. Racemenu) 3.4+, that is to say, invisible male NPCs around PC bug. The safest way to avoid this bug is rolling Racemenu back to 3.2.2 (you can find it in 'old versions' in Racemenu's download section on Nexus), but then it also might cause issues with other mods...

bodygen from racemenu has the potential to be the best solution since its possible to also randomize weight based on a different morphs method. However it is a bit buggy now with some npcs having black textures.

Ahhhh I hope expired comes back to skyrim and develops bodygen.

Today I tested All-in-One HDT Animated Pussy. From its mod menu I chose only NPC Body Scale Randomizer.

I disabled all mods and left only those:

overwrite created by TES5Edit

Schlongs of Skyrim

Realistic Ragdolls and Force

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended

BodySlide and Outfit Studio

SKSE

FNIS

SkyUI

SexLab Framework

All-in-One HDT Animated Pussy

Naturally, I ran LOOT and FNIS as always.

(By the way, should Realistic Ragdolls and Force overwrite files of XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended, or vice versa?)

The results were encouraging. For the first time ever in Skyrim, I saw bouncing breasts. That is a huge step forward.

However:

There was a discrepancy between the appearance of women dressed and undressed. Camilla, for instance, looked exactly the same as before with her clothes on, but in the sex animation she suddenly had really big breasts.

The NPC Body Scale Randomizer hotkey actually changed different body parts of women, but men became proportionally bigger and smaller, with all proportions the same. (I supposed it would require that Atlas thing to change that?)

From "character edit" I could actually change the size of a woman's belly and butt. The "weight" option didn't seem to do anything. And "bust" changed the size of the upper body, but the shape of the breasts remained the same. Apart from which the breasts were without nipples. (Should I get some kind of a collection of UUNP body textures?)

I'm not sure about the workings of the "randomize" checkbox. When it was checked, a woman suddenly became 20 cm shorter while I was looking at her. When it was unchecked, all women looked alike.

One thing that seemed weird was that when installing All-in-One HDT Animated Pussy, I was (on the third installation step or so) required to choose only one of a dozen body types. Sure enough, the one I chose was the one I saw in the game later on each and every woman. But that is not what I want. I want different women to have different bodies. How to achieve that? Is there something fundamental about Skyrim physics that I am not understanding?

I use bodygen from racemenu to randomize the body mesh and everybody redone to randomize the textures.

There's a document about bodygen:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/53531-unofficial-bodygen-docs/

It's a bit tricky to use and the race filter seems don't work, but I think it's the best solution.

As for the body change between character  dressed/naked, maybe their cloths are not "bodyslide-ready"?

Today I tested All-in-One HDT Animated Pussy. From its mod menu I chose only NPC Body Scale Randomizer.

I disabled all mods and left only those:

overwrite created by TES5Edit

Schlongs of Skyrim

Realistic Ragdolls and Force

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended

BodySlide and Outfit Studio

SKSE

FNIS

SkyUI

SexLab Framework

All-in-One HDT Animated Pussy

Naturally, I ran LOOT and FNIS as always.

(By the way, should Realistic Ragdolls and Force overwrite files of XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended, or vice versa?)

The results were encouraging. For the first time ever in Skyrim, I saw bouncing breasts. That is a huge step forward.

However:

There was a discrepancy between the appearance of women dressed and undressed. Camilla, for instance, looked exactly the same as before with her clothes on, but in the sex animation she suddenly had really big breasts.

The NPC Body Scale Randomizer hotkey actually changed different body parts of women, but men became proportionally bigger and smaller, with all proportions the same. (I supposed it would require that Atlas thing to change that?)

From "character edit" I could actually change the size of a woman's belly and butt. The "weight" option didn't seem to do anything. And "bust" changed the size of the upper body, but the shape of the breasts remained the same. Apart from which the breasts were without nipples. (Should I get some kind of a collection of UUNP body textures?)

I'm not sure about the workings of the "randomize" checkbox. When it was checked, a woman suddenly became 20 cm shorter while I was looking at her. When it was unchecked, all women looked alike.

One thing that seemed weird was that when installing All-in-One HDT Animated Pussy, I was (on the third installation step or so) required to choose only one of a dozen body types. Sure enough, the one I chose was the one I saw in the game later on each and every woman. But that is not what I want. I want different women to have different bodies. How to achieve that? Is there something fundamental about Skyrim physics that I am not understanding?

I think you can do this manually, however it will be with only named NPCs. For instance you can go into the 7zip of AIO Animated Pussy and take out files for a different body type you want and place it in the installed AIO folder for whichever NPC you want.  The random NPCs I don't think you can do that with.  There is also this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66952/? by clearanceclarence that will allow you to give each of those NPCs different skin textures, breast size, and whether or not they will have bounce and jiggles, but nothing as far as having completely different body types, ie: Lydia having an Oppai body and Mjoll the Lioness having a Seraphim body.

maybe it is possible to have a mod that allows the game engine to randomly select from a pool of different body types and textures, but maybe it'd be too stressful for the pc and/or game engine and cause too many CTDs. Then again, I'm no where near an expert on anything to do with modding/coding/etc.

oh and I believe xp32 should overwrite realistic ragdolls and force

There is a simple but pretty tedious way to have npcs use different bodymeshes using Everybodys Different. You can have the mod distribute different bodytextures randomly and link every texturepack to use a specific mesh. Depending on how much hd-space you want to use for texturepacks you can have an unlimited amount of meshes randomly assigned to every npc in skyrim. 

Check out the readme that comes with Everybodys Different and it explains how to set it up. Its simple but requires some amount of work with the folderstructures.

Best of luck!

I have a possible solution for females only.  No variety mods needed, just the latest version of CBBE and Bodyslide. This leverages the power of bodyslide with the games weight slider to achieve body variety. 

1. install cbbe body and cbbe bodyslide if you do not have them already.

2. open up TWO instances of bodyslide.

3. select a different body type for each instance.  Example: imitation "UNPB" in one instance and "physique-bottom heavy" in the second instance. (use any two body presets you like, this is only an example)

4. decide which body of the two you want as the heavy body, then copy either the heavy or light slider settings from the second instance into the light sliders of the first instance

(example: I want the "UNPB" heavy slider set to be the heavy weight slider ( _1 nif ), and the "physique- bottom heavy" heavy weight as the light ( _0 nif)

5. rename your new slider preset.

6 close both instances, then start bodyslide again and build your new body and armor.  Some trial and error is involved, not all presets provide good looking unique bodies across the full body weight range. (Off Topic Note: I use ChronoTrigger77's Remodeled Armor for Bodyslide as a replacer. highly recommended, lots of optional zap sliders available)

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyone's interested, here is how I solved the problem.

Turned out it was the unclear instructions on XPMSE's home page. I had the impression that NetImmerse Override was not a requirement but it is. I spent tens of hours turning mods on and off, reading about memory use and trying to find out about possible mod conflicts (and learning a lot in the process). At one time I was re-reading XPMSE installation instructions, again, and this time a thought occurred to me: "What if he means to say that NetImmerse Override is always required?" Well, it costs nothing to try, I thought. And that was it. Body variety mods began to work.

Most importantly, Realistic Body System Remade did indeed make NPC women different now. Although considering the amount of time and disk space it needed, the results were rather modest. I made it create 30 body types. It took more than an hour and resulted in 15 GB of data. What did the mod need such vast amount of resources for? That is completely beyond me, because I was not seeing 30 body types. I was seeing something like three different breast sizes and maybe slight differences in body shapes when I really strained my imagination. Just recently I left it to work overnight and create 100 body types. This resulted in, I'd say, 4 or 5 different breast sizes and maybe 2 or 3 grades of fatness. I am not going to make a lot of screenshots and examine them carefully. What I care about is what a regular player can notice. So when RBS claims it will create 30 body types, you can expect at best 6, and when it claims to create 100, you can expect at best 15. And those are not all that different either.

NPC Body Scale Randomizer doesn't seem to be compatible with RBS. I set it to randomize everything, but the only thing it did randomize was penises – that would be the only body part RBS doesn't touch.

However, RBS does work fine together with either Everybodys Different Redone or NPC ReWeHeighter. I prefer EBD but they're quite similar really, the more so because ReWeHe didn't seem to alter weights at all. To test it, I set all women to near-maximal weight and all men to near-minimal, but I wasn't seeing anything like that in the game. However, both EBD and ReWeHe let you comfortably adjust minimal and maximal height by race and gender. That feature has worked perfectly with all the different mod configurations I've tried so far.

RBS with SAM resulted in very badly screwed up animations. I didn't research that any further as I did not like SAM bodies anyway.

Bodytypes of Skyrim didn't do anything. I turned on pubic hair, body types, weight variations. Nothing. Even when I disabled RBS and EBD, Bodytypes still didn't do anything, not even pubic hair. I checked the Papyrus log but didn't get any wiser.

I'll consider the body variety test complete for now. I will continue with RBS and EBD enabled, and move on to testing other things.

Thank you all for your advice.

• 4 weeks later...

In case anyone's interested, here is how I solved the problem.

Turned out it was the unclear instructions on XPMSE's home page. I had the impression that NetImmerse Override was not a requirement but it is. I spent tens of hours turning mods on and off, reading about memory use and trying to find out about possible mod conflicts (and learning a lot in the process). At one time I was re-reading XPMSE installation instructions, again, and this time a thought occurred to me: "What if he means to say that NetImmerse Override is always required?" Well, it costs nothing to try, I thought. And that was it. Body variety mods began to work.

Most importantly, Realistic Body System Remade did indeed make NPC women different now. Although considering the amount of time and disk space it needed, the results were rather modest. I made it create 30 body types. It took more than an hour and resulted in 15 GB of data. What did the mod need such vast amount of resources for? That is completely beyond me, because I was not seeing 30 body types. I was seeing something like three different breast sizes and maybe slight differences in body shapes when I really strained my imagination. Just recently I left it to work overnight and create 100 body types. This resulted in, I'd say, 4 or 5 different breast sizes and maybe 2 or 3 grades of fatness. I am not going to make a lot of screenshots and examine them carefully. What I care about is what a regular player can notice. So when RBS claims it will create 30 body types, you can expect at best 6, and when it claims to create 100, you can expect at best 15. And those are not all that different either.

NPC Body Scale Randomizer doesn't seem to be compatible with RBS. I set it to randomize everything, but the only thing it did randomize was penises – that would be the only body part RBS doesn't touch.

However, RBS does work fine together with either Everybodys Different Redone or NPC ReWeHeighter. I prefer EBD but they're quite similar really, the more so because ReWeHe didn't seem to alter weights at all. To test it, I set all women to near-maximal weight and all men to near-minimal, but I wasn't seeing anything like that in the game. However, both EBD and ReWeHe let you comfortably adjust minimal and maximal height by race and gender. That feature has worked perfectly with all the different mod configurations I've tried so far.

RBS with SAM resulted in very badly screwed up animations. I didn't research that any further as I did not like SAM bodies anyway.

Bodytypes of Skyrim didn't do anything. I turned on pubic hair, body types, weight variations. Nothing. Even when I disabled RBS and EBD, Bodytypes still didn't do anything, not even pubic hair. I checked the Papyrus log but didn't get any wiser.

I'll consider the body variety test complete for now. I will continue with RBS and EBD enabled, and move on to testing other things.

Thank you all for your advice.

Does RBS cause any lag in game, does it affect the performance?

I use bodygen from racemenu to randomize the body mesh and everybody redone to randomize the textures.

There's a document about bodygen:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/53531-unofficial-bodygen-docs/

It's a bit tricky to use and the race filter seems don't work, but I think it's the best solution.

As for the body change between character  dressed/naked, maybe their cloths are not "bodyslide-ready"?

THIS!!!

This is the way to go. Check out the thread, there are scripts for TESV Edit that will generate a template for your NPCs so you can set individual body types if you want. There is a mod that will let you reset the morphs. Plus a lot of information about how to setup the template files.

What I like about this approach is it is resource friendly. You don't have a bunch of custom 3D files loaded, as it uses the same set for all the female NPCs, aside from any custom followers you may have. I have even started merging followers and pointing them to the default body and setting custom morphs for that follower.

use bodytypes of skyrim from nexus thats then best on the market!

I've been looking at this as my solution to the subject of this topic. Any tips on setting it and using it before I give it a crack?

I've used Unique bodies by Race before, and that gave me variety succesfully, but restricted by race of course.

• 4 years later...