AutoLink help and basic guide

Is anyone having issues with the latest AutoLink causing a crash at the character select screen?  I haven't installed any custom costumes yet, just copied over the AutoLink files.  Using the Steam version, on Windows 10 64-bit if it matters at all, and running the game as administrator.

How do you change the detail of the costume?

Hey, dear lovers! :heart:

I've been seeing a LOT of confusion about AutoLink, so I thought I'd start a topic where we'll be free to ask for help. Now I've compiled a quick "FAQ" of sorts. Almost a tutorial.

Although the tool CLEARLY WASN'T MADE BY ME, I'll try to tell you everything I know about it, what was shown to me by other forum members and what I've found out through trial and error.

So, ms. tastefultoy, what the hell is this AutoLink thingy and what does it do?

Well, the download is actually a package that comes with three tools: CameraUnlock, ui_mod and AutoLink proper.

• CameraUnlock lets you unlock the camera (you don't say...). Meaning that you can move it under the ground, tilt it, etc. It also lets you play/watch the game in slow motion.

- F1: Slow Motion

- F4: Tilts the camera 90° (and unlocks the F2/F3 tilt function)

- F2: Slow tilt to the left

- F3: Slow tilt to the right

• ui_mod removes the icons from the character selection screen after you've selected a character. Also,

- F6: Choose lighting intensity.

• AutoLink makes it easy to add a seemingly unlimited number of different costumes to the game. It's similar to lnk reshuffle / Archive Tool / DLC Tool in objective, but quite different in execution, complexity and scope. It works by letting you add multiple different costumes to an already existing, used costume slots. These added costumes will be chosen, in the game, via the "detail" selector.

I want it, TT! Where can I get it?!

Yeah, that's the first step. Getting the thing.
Here is the original topic on the 3dm forums where the author of the tool posted it and is posting updates quite frequently:

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5065534&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D21581

I recommend you download it from there to be sure that you're getting the most recent one. It's pretty easy to create an account if you don't already have one (google translate will help you).
But if, for some reason, you can't create an account there, HERE is the most recent one as of 04/19/16 (v1.01)

Installing it is just a matter of taking the four files (d3d9.dll, d3d9_ui_mod.txt, Dinput8.dll and Dinput8.ini) and the folder (AutoLink) from the .rar and placing them inside the main folder of the game, overwriting files when needed (backup the original ones if you want to be able to remove it in the future).

Ok, but how do I add the nude modded costumes?

Now that's where things get interesting! Adding costumes is quite easy.
There are two ways to do this using AutoLink. Either you add it to all of a character's costumes, or you add it to specific ones.

• If you want to add as an alternative to every costume of a character, you must simply:
  • Go to the AutoLink folder;
  • Create a folder and name it after the character in question (the name must be written like the list in "NAME.txt");
  • Place the modded costume files inside of this folder.

To use the installed costume, you just change the detail of any official costume of that character and voilà.

• Or maybe you're crazy like me and want everything organized. If that's the case, you'll probably want a nude mod that looks like some costume to be a detail of this said costume, and only of it. To do that, you must:
  • Check the costume number of the one you want to add the mod to. Let's say, for instance, that it's #33;
  • Go to the AutoLink folder;
  • Open the character's folder;
  • Inside of it, create a new folder named after the costume number. So, in our case, the folder should be named 33.
  • Place the modded costume inside of this folder

To use this newly installed costume, you just select, in the game, the correct original costume. The added one will show up as a detail option.

Oh, and don't forget: You can add as many as you want to the same folder! You'll be able to choose between them in the game. :)

Also, if you want to skip the work of creating a folder for each costume, here is a copy of my (empty, of course) AutoLink folder with all of its folder structure.

attachicon.gifAutoLink - Folder Structure.zip

And if you're crazy like me and want to have icons for every single folder, go to this topic.

Ohmigosh, Tasty! That's great! But... I don't want to choose a detail every time I play... Is there any way to make the added nude mod the default detail?

Whoa, now. Calm down. I'm almost there.

You see, you can save detail sets in AutoLink. Try this: Highlight a detail for a costume and cancel out. If you change the costume and then change back to the first one, the detail is gonna be selected already. Do this for as many costumes as you want. Then press Ctrl + 1. This saves these detail selections to a little file called AutoLink001.config in the game folder.

You can save as many details for as many costumes of as many characters as you want (one detail per costume, of course). If you want to restore the original detail selections, just press "9". If you press "1" again, it'll reload the saved ones.

For this you can use any number between 0 and 8. With Ctrl to save and without ctrl to load.

Now here comes the magic: If you save using CTRL+0, it'll go to the AutoLink000.config file. The game will load details in this file as the default detail set! Give it a try.

• Select a detail;
  • Press ctrl+0;
  • Close and reload the game.
When you get back to the character selection screen, you'll see the detail you chose.

Wow, that's incredible!!!1! Last question though: Is there any way to use these nude modded costumes in story mode?

Yes! And the best part: You've already learned how to do it! think with me: since the mods saved in the Autolink000.config are seen by the game as the default appearances of their respective costumes, if, when playing story mode, a character needs to show up wearing one of these costumes, it'll show up as the selected detail! So just save the details you want with Ctrl + 0 and it's done!
So, yes! it works in story mode. (Thanks Ishidacorp! If you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't even try :heart:)

...ok, now here's the last question. For realz this time: What about hair and face mods? Doesn't it do that? It's crap then.

Hey, when you ask questions you're supposed to let me answer them. *Ahem*.

Anyway, yes, it does that. And it works pretty much like with the costumes.

You take the files you want and place them inside the subfolder that's named with the costume number you want it to be in. You just have to make sure that if your costume is called "costume.TMC / costume.TMCL", you must name the hair files "costume.HAIR.TMC / costume.HAIR.TMCL" and the face files "costume.FACE.TMC / costume.FACE.TMCL". Use the same naming scheme with the .---C and .--P files and, as long as they are all in the same subfolder, it should work fine.

Thank you tasty! I must admit that you're very lovely, beautiful and considerate!

Why, thank you! You are considerate too! :sleepy:

=========================================

ps.: Question that was here before I added the "tutorial":

Just so nobody gets shy (and because I have this doubt myself), I'll start!

Does anyone know if you can use AutoLink with a custom DLC? For instance, I'd like to have a "naked" costume for a character and have the other naked options (Breast sizes, bush, etc) as details for it. Is it possible?

By the way, the answer to this is a definite yes. I was using an outdated version of the thing. Or maybe I was just doing something wrong.

I'll update this post as soon as I learn more stuff about the tool. If you happen to find something out or if you've noticed something that isn't here, please share it with us and I'll gladly add it to the tutorial. And you'll get my eternal thanks! :heart:

Is anyone having issues with the latest AutoLink causing a crash at the character select screen?  I haven't installed any custom costumes yet, just copied over the AutoLink files.  Using the Steam version, on Windows 10 64-bit if it matters at all, and running the game as administrator.

I am. Installed the latest version of Autolink without any costumes, crash at character select. I haven't been able to figure out how to fix this. Windows 7, 64x if it helps.

I am. Installed the latest version of Autolink without any costumes, crash at character select. I haven't been able to figure out how to fix this. Windows 7, 64x if it helps.

To update on the issue, it looks like I have it resolved.  I spent some time poking around the 3DM thread with google translate to see if there was a solution.  One person commented that they updated their NVIDIA graphic drivers.  I tried the same, re-installed AutoLink, and 'lo and behold it worked like a charm.

Hi guys,

Since today I have an issue with Autolink and the modded videos from ParvateParadise.

When I launch the game I have the message 'Failed to recognize the game.exe'

In the game, all the features from autolink are ok, exept the modded videos in the ParvateParadise cinematics section. What's wrong ? My version of autolink is 2.5 and my game is update on steam.

Plz help!  :P

Swap out whatever outfits they wear in the cutscenes with whatever costumes # it is from their costume select screen with autolink/linkreshuffle and they'll wear it in the cutscene.

Swap out whatever outfits they wear in the cutscenes with whatever costumes # it is from their costume select screen with autolink/linkreshuffle and they'll wear it in the cutscene.

Thank you.

Hand me a tutorial.

Thank you.

Hand me a tutorial.

just swap basic costume with lnk reshuffle like usual and you have it

Thank you.

Hand me a tutorial.

You can search for yourself right here on this website many places for instructions on how to use autolink and link_reshuffle.

I'm fairly new to modding and I have a costume for Marie Rose that is a .dds, and I have put them in the appropriate folder to test it with the autolink method. It does not work. How could I convert the files for them to work with this method? 

Also I do not want to use the DLC method bc I do not have a cracked version of the game and I do not want to use the costume slots.

I'm fairly new to modding and I have a costume for Marie Rose that is a .dds, and I have put them in the appropriate folder to test it with the autolink method. It does not work. How could I convert the files for them to work with this method?

Also I do not want to use the DLC method bc I do not have a cracked version of the game and I do not want to use the costume slots.

as o know autolink not work with dds file, you download testmod to use dat dds file
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WTF! Sorry mod but just my exasperation. Nope, not complaining about this mod because it is awesome! But from freaking Zone Alarm has flagged a content in the dinput8.dll as malware. I tried putting an exception but it all has disabled my autolink mod.  :( Daaaaaaamnnnnnnnnnnnnn

disable your zone alarm. 

dinput8.dll is safe just false positive copy again the files if missing

I did it. Put an exception but zilch! I installed 2.60 (it was 2.50 that got clobbered, I installed it nearly 6 months ago) and it's working again.............oh cr@pz!  :lol:

First up, this is an absolutely fantastic tutorial. I was really scratching my head to figure out where all these mod files should be placed. Now it's pretty easy, and the story mode instructions worked great - till they didn't, and that is my question.

Sorry if this was answered before. I'm using the Autolink config to switch default outfit just like in the OP. I tried out the first three ladies and that worked great, you can see the outfit in story mode. I switched out all the ladies and in the fight selection screen it works as intended. For the first three.

I stopped when I encountered Lisa, who's using cos003 in story mode, which is basically a locked costume. Now when you encounter her under the train, she is not switched to what I set but to her default fur coat.

Am I doing something wrong? I tried putting the TMC files directly in her Autolink folder but that isn't working either (I don't expect it to, as Autolink cannot switch to that costume unless it is unlocked).

Or do I have to play the story mode through once before I get access to those slots?

Pack.win32.Krap.ceh

This is the file in dinput8.dll is the latest flag I got from autolink 2.6

Packed.Win32.Krap.hm Description

Packed.Win32.Krap.hm is a Windows platform Trojan that is packed with potentially harmful programs. Packed.Win32.Krap.hm is designed to spread copies of fake security software. Once a PC is infected, fake security alert messages will be generated by the Trojan, prompting the victim to purchase the "full" version of the rogueware. Use a recognized security application to detect and remove Packed.Win32.Krap.hm.

First up, this is an absolutely fantastic tutorial. I was really scratching my head to figure out where all these mod files should be placed. Now it's pretty easy, and the story mode instructions worked great - till they didn't, and that is my question.

Sorry if this was answered before. I'm using the Autolink config to switch default outfit just like in the OP. I tried out the first three ladies and that worked great, you can see the outfit in story mode. I switched out all the ladies and in the fight selection screen it works as intended. For the first three.

I stopped when I encountered Lisa, who's using cos003 in story mode, which is basically a locked costume. Now when you encounter her under the train, she is not switched to what I set but to her default fur coat.

Am I doing something wrong? I tried putting the TMC files directly in her Autolink folder but that isn't working either (I don't expect it to, as Autolink cannot switch to that costume unless it is unlocked).

Or do I have to play the story mode through once before I get access to those slots?

If you're using Autolink's save function, you could manually edit AutoLink000.config to set new defaults.

If you're using Autolink's save function, you could manually edit AutoLink000.config to set new defaults.

Thanks, Imma gonna try that. So far Lisa's been the only problem. I did try to swap the TMC and TMCL files in Archive tool, but it didn't do anything so I must be doing something wrong.

I do have one follow-up question. Tina wears a hat/hoodie in the first two slots so the rest of the (modded) costumes don't have the references to her (hatless) hair meshes. As a result when I load those in character selection screen, some have the hair under the hat missing. It looks pretty bad - and when I go into the game it remains that way. But some meshes seem to refer to other hair files or have their own hair files, and those work out okay. If the first costume in the slot doesn't use a hat, the modded ones look fine. 

I do have this issue with a few of the other girls, but Tina's defaults limit me to a maximum of one or two costumes usable per slot. Is there a simple way to fix this? I am presently not sorting out into folders, I have them dumped into the character's Autolink folder. This means all costumes appear in all slots, and I can see the hair proper when the DLC has no hat.

• 2 weeks later...