Creating A Courier Quest for A Custom Cell Problem

Hi,

I tried to create an inn by copying Vilemyr Inn cell.

I wanted to created a Courier Quest that had a purpose of sending a brochure of the custom inn to PC.

When I tried in a Vanilla cell I had no problem about Seeing the location of the marker that the PC had to go. But, in the new quest, the marker shows the Vilemyr Inn.

I followed instructions from:

Skyrim Creation Kit Tutorial 05: A Courier Quest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iustaHoHnEE

My problem appears during Stool, Compass Markers Ignore Locks.

I created a new Stool. I selected it, but it didn't work.

I hope I could explain my problem clearly...

If you can help me anyway, I'll really appreciate.

Sincerely Yours,

I have found that copying a cell as a whole causes issues as it also copies a lot of unique things there and tends to mess them up. I found the best way to do it is to create a new empty cell, go to the one you want to copy, highlight everything and copy it over to your new cell. You will still likely have things to delete such as npc's and fix some other things.

Also, make sure you have properly connected the cell to the outside by opening the navmesh menu and finalizing the cell so the door can connect properly.

I have found that copying a cell as a whole causes issues as it also copies a lot of unique things there and tends to mess them up. I found the best way to do it is to create a new empty cell, go to the one you want to copy, highlight everything and copy it over to your new cell. You will still likely have things to delete such as npc's and fix some other things.

Also, make sure you have properly connected the cell to the outside by opening the navmesh menu and finalizing the cell so the door can connect properly.

Thank You for your suggestion.

I've been thinking also "copying a cell" could cause problems.

Starting over... Good practice though... :)

Archived