Outfitstudio problem with EVB

prinyo

I'm trying to add a pubic hair (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71755/?)  to the male EVB (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7059/?) but in the game I get a missing body and a big red triangle around it.

This is what I do:

1. New project - I choose the MaleBody.nif in "Fallout 4\Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\CharacterAssets"

2. Outfit - I choose malegenitals_0.nif from "3Dphair_for_CBBE_and_SOS-71755-0-1\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\SOS\Smurf Average"

3. I delete the SOS schlong mesh

4. Then click on the pubic hair mesh and "Copy weight"

5. Export nif (with or without reference)

And the result is the transparent body with the red triangle all over it. Is this a texture problem or not? And can I use Outfitstudio this way to convert Skyrim stuff to FO4 without using 3D modeling application? And is there a tutorial about this? All tutorials I have found are for CBBE and require additional software.

Thanks! 

Outfit Studio can load NIF files of both Skyrim and Fallout 4, but it can't convert them between the games automatically.

What you would have to do is export the Skyrim mesh as an OBJ file, and import it right back so Outfit Studio creates it as a FO4 mesh.

You will have to create and assign one of the new material (.bgsm) files to the shape afterwards as well as copying bone weights to it.

You will have to create and assign one of the new material (.bgsm) files to the shape afterwards as well as copying bone weights to it.

This I didn't understand at all. I understand that the bgsm's are something new coming with FO4 but not quite sure what are they and how to assign them.

This I didn't understand at all. I understand that the bgsm's are something new coming with FO4 but not quite sure what are they and how to assign them.

Using my "Material Editor" program, you can edit and create the material files.

They basically do what the "BSLightingShaderProperty" in NifSkope used to do in Skyrim (textures, lighting, etc.).

You have to set up the texture paths in them.

To link a material file you created to a shape in your NIF file, you can open the "Shape Properties" (double-click on a shape) in Outfit Studio and enter the file path there, for example: "materials\folder\folder\material.bgsm". Of course you need the latest version of OS for this.

Archived