Outfit studio, OBJ import fatal error

DaXmAn

I'm trying to import model from obj into OS. I made a test.

I exported a cube from Blender as obj, in OS I loaded skyrim female head as reference,

then imported cube into OS, repositioned it, having cube selected I copied bones weight (shape -> copy bones weight)

I switched to bones tab, painted the cube, tried to export to nif with reference and... I get this nice fatal error message box:

post-345405-0-19990600-1457892814_thumb.jpg

What I do wrong?

I'm trying to import model from obj into OS. I made a test.

I exported a cube from Blender as obj, in OS I loaded skyrim female head as reference,

then imported cube into OS, repositioned it, having cube selected I copied bones weight (shape -> copy bones weight)

I switched to bones tab, painted the cube, tried to export to nif with reference and... I get this nice fatal error message box:

attachicon.gifcube.jpg

What I do wrong?

tried to export to nif with reference and...

Which reference?

I'd say you have no Reference Shape

Simply "Export Nif" should export the cube and the head.

PS:

Or you can right-click (in Meshes tab) on the Head - Set Reference.
But it is relatively meaningless - in OS is the Reference that mesh with the source morphs - and you do not need - and the Head has no morphs (in this case)..
Was not seen in the first screen.

First: I would import the head not as a reference, but as an outfit.

As a reference, it makes no sense - as has been said.

I do not understand the meaning of this procedure.

Why are you making the skin of the cube in OS, rather than in Blender???

What happens when you import the cube and as Nif export - without skin and align - simple import and export?

Note: Without skin - you will see a warning - but in this case you can ignore it.

PS: You know, that the head is not positioned correctly in OS?

Load a body as a reference, then head to see what I mean.

Long live The Snow Queen!

post-345405-0-72021800-1457911513_thumb.jpg

Damn OBJs...

Thanks for everybody who was willing to help.

Was not seen in the first screen.

First: I would import the head not as a reference, but as an outfit.

As a reference, it makes no sense - as has been said.

I do not understand the meaning of this procedure.

Why are you making the skin of the cube in OS, rather than in Blender???

What happens when you import the cube and as Nif export - without skin and align - simple import and export?

Note: Without skin - you will see a warning - but in this case you can ignore it.

I am not sure what you mean by "skin", I am not experienced in Skyrim modding, lets say this was my first true mod...

PS: You know, that the head is not positioned correctly in OS?

Load a body as a reference, then head to see what I mean.

Yeah I noticed this when I finally correctly imported obj into OS

Ok, so I was able to import obj from turbosquid by altering it's content manually...

Now I'm trying to figure what options should I set to export obj properly from blender 2.76b for OS.

When I use default export settings I get this:

post-345405-0-82810200-1457962157_thumb.jpg

Any ideas?

Before your post I found that after I click "recalculate" button in Shading->Normals section, imported OBJ looks normal in OS, but OS still crashes if I want to export it to NIF...

I tried to import OBJ exported from Blender into Nifscope, then I exported mesh as OBJ from Nifscope again... and imported into OS again...

Mesh was looging good, I was able to export NIF....

But in game, that mesh is visible only from some angles, in most angles is just invisible...

So many years, so many wonderfull mods, so many talented modders, and yet noone developped ultimate solution... geez

Do you have a UV created for the mesh?

If UV, normal map and diffuse texture are OK, then you should check shader setting in BSLightingShaderProperty (in NifSkope).

For Example Double Sided in Shader Flags 2.

The easiest way is of course, copy the BSLightingShaderProperty of another similar mesh and change the texture paths.

So many years, so many wonderfull mods, so many talented modders, and yet noone developped ultimate solution... geez 

That's the charming on modding, otherwise it would be boring ;)

Do you have a UV created for the mesh?

If UV, normal map and diffuse texture are OK, then you should check shader setting in BSLightingShaderProperty (in NifSkope).

For Example Double Sided in Shader Flags 2.

The easiest way is of course, copy the BSLightingShaderProperty of another similar mesh and change the texture paths.

Before I found your response, ousnius - one of OS devs I presume - pointed me to missing UV maps.

I fixed that, so I was finally able to import OBJ into OS without any problems, and I was able to export NIF without crashing OS... I also added diffuse texture and normal texture, all with minimaps.

But in game, that "crown" is visible only from distance and from some specific angles...

Mesh looks fine in Nifscope... I have no idea what is going on...

post-345405-0-59547800-1458048577_thumb.jpg

And BSLightingShaderProperty looks preaty much the same as already working Anton's nif

post-345405-0-69677000-1458049095_thumb.jpg

And BSLightingShaderProperty looks preaty much the same as already working Anton's nif

It is completely different. ;)

"Skyrim Shader Type" and thus "Shader Flags".

In "Shader Flags 2" I would suggest "SLSF2_Double_Sided".

A Note.

Check this:

NiTriShapeData -> "BS Num UV Sets" is set to 4097, if not set it to 4097

Then right-click on NiTriShapeData -> Context Menu -> Mesh -> Update Tangent Space

Is not present "Update Tangent Space", then probably "Has Vertex Colors" (in NiTriShapeData) = No

Set "Has Vertex Colors" to Yes and then right-click on NiTriShapeData -> Context Menu -> Mesh -> Update Tangent Space

BS Num UV sets = 4097 - I suspected it - it is a feature of outfit Studio. ;)

Face already are Normals - in NifSkope?

The same context menu...

Hhm...?

If you want, you can send me the Nif as PM.

I take a look at the Nif - and what is not OK - I take a screenshot, a Google-English description (or german  :D) - and send you the modified Nif as PM.

You've checked the shader settings?

Modding is a hard bread.  ;)

Example: The first version of Demonica TBBP I skinned in outfit Studio.

The skeleton for Demonica I created with NifSkope.

HDT ALL in One - I cobbled together with Notepad.  (3 days  :lol: ) 

Today I laugh on the quality of these mods.

So, do not despair - all beginnings are difficult. :)

All the better the reward, when it is finished. 

Archived