View File

In real life, if you enter someones house and wander around looking in their knicker drawers and bedside tables your host would probably say "Oh! No, what the hell are you doing?". In Skyrim, your host will probably just look on in total disregard to your actions unless you actually take their knickers out of the wardrobe and wear them on your head.

So this a simply horrible mod to make a check if someone is actually looking at you while you go through their things and, if they do, will raise a trespass alarm. Actually if lots of people see you do it, (and care), they will all raise the alarm - thus increasing the bounty.

Requirements

SKSE - and it's requirements

Acknowledgements

This uses totally misappropriated and rejiggered code from 'Deviously Enchanted Chests', (BaneMaster) & a very old version of 'Sexlab Defeat', (Goubo). So thanks to you both for that. (and probably also Princessity/Ms Leeches who came up with the FormsList/Perk idea for stuff back in the day, which looks like it saves a shit load of work).

Problems

1) Well it's work in progress and if there is a thing out there already which does this I apologize, (i.e. I couldn't find one, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered).
2) Probably loads of other things I haven't considered.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/06/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE & it's requirements
  • Special Edition Compatible

I don't really like posting anything, but i can't just ignore this.

Tbh, i think this is one of the most disturbing mods ever --- period!

It kinda breaks the law of common sense, that playing a RPG of any kind gives the Player the privilege to loot stuff from houses. The Bethesda staff is already in deep waters with messing with that concept. And then you come in and make it even worse! What's wrong with you?

I don't really like posting anything, but i can't just ignore this.

Tbh, i think this is one of the most disturbing mods ever --- period!

It kinda breaks the law of common sense, that playing a RPG of any kind gives the Player the privilege to loot stuff from houses. The Bethesda staff is already in deep waters with messing with that concept. And then you come in and make it even worse! What's wrong with you?

Yep, I'm at the bottom of a bottle of red at the moment as well. (Just looking for the next one). :shy:

something like this happens in skyrim anyway.. ie if the person doesn't know you and you enter they're house while they're there, you'll be warned to leave then the cops are called so to speak.

Indeed you are right. But that is for trespass, this is for riffling.

This looks interesting. Does it work if riffling through containers at Inns and public places if marked as "Steal" or just in homes?

To be not very technical any container in the formslist I nicked from 'Deviously Enchanted Chests' which is also flagged as being true from the SKSE function IsOffLimits at the time of activation. Then it really is down to whether any of the people who see you actually can invoke the 'SendTrespassAlarm' function to any effect, (e.g. Orgnar & Delphine will raise an alarm, however Gorr - from interesting NPC's - couldn't give a fig). 

The only reason I did it was that I was somewhat bound by devices in Windhelm and was searching for keys in houses. I had a right to be there, (because they let me in - Simply Knock), however everything was marked as 'Steal From' , (as you'd expect), and the servants were following me around looking at what I was doing - which was basically casing the house for a later burglary. This struck me as silly.

(Actually if I had more time, probably Easter, I might add a thief riffler is quite noisy at lower levels type thing for riffling, just to draw attention to their habits. Not sure how effective it would be though).

Great idea, I hope it works with looking through peoples pockets.

A typical scenario in Vanilla Skyrim...

You stick your hand in someones pocket, having a good rummage around.

They turn around and look at your.

You say... ' don't mind me, I'm not taking anything. I'm just having a look to see what you've got in your pockets... '

They smile, and all is good in the world. You smile and continue rummaging through their pockets, content in how stupid they are... ' :)

File Name: Riffling Crime

File Submitter: spoonsinger

File Submitted: 06 Mar 2016

File Category: WIP / Beta

Requires: SKSE & it's requirements

... Snippy ...

... (and probably also Princessity/Ms Leeches who came up with the FormsList/Perk idea for stuff back in the day, which looks like it saves a shit load of work).

... Snappy ...

download.png

Click here to download this file

What is this FormList/Perk idea you speak of ... and what is the work saving feature therein?

What is this FormList/Perk idea you speak of ... and what is the work saving feature therein?

Reference :- http://www.loverslab.com/topic/33251-idea-dangerous-loot-cursed-devious-loot-mod-released-by-kim77/?p=835884 & http://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v54-2016-03-03/?p=853320

For example, look how Estrus Mimic works - lots of chests redefined, (very boring to do if you ask me), then look at how Deviously Cursed Loot/Deviously Enchanted Chests works  - very elegant and can work for any container, (also appeals to my lazy nature in such things).

Great idea, I hope it works with looking through peoples pockets.

A typical scenario in Vanilla Skyrim...

You stick your hand in someones pocket, having a good rummage around.

They turn around and look at your.

You say... ' don't mind me, I'm not taking anything. I'm just having a look to see what you've got in your pockets... '

They smile, and all is good in the world. You smile and continue rummaging through their pockets, content in how stupid they are... ' :)

That would be more cutpursery rather than riffling and would probably have to be classed as assault. Good idea but not implemented in this.

Reference :- http://www.loverslab.com/topic/33251-idea-dangerous-loot-cursed-devious-loot-mod-released-by-kim77/?p=835884 & http://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v54-2016-03-03/?p=853320

For example, look how Estrus Mimic works - lots of chests redefined, (very boring to do if you ask me), then look at how Deviously Cursed Loot/Deviously Enchanted Chests works  - very elegant and can work for any container, (also appeals to my lazy nature in such things).

I see, elegant indeed.

• 9 months later...

Does this check for LOS or when NPCs are sleeping when determining if you have been seen?  I've had sleeping NPCs see me riffling through stuff even though they never wake up and there are walls between us.  

Sorry not to get back to you earlier. It uses 'HasLOS' for detection so the wall thing is probably engine related - or there might of been someone else lurking in the shadows? (There is a detection to stop 'You' from detecting you, so it shouldn't be that).

However you are right about it not currently detecting if the person detecting you is actually asleep. I'll try and get around to doing that fix at the weekend. (My 32bit is currently in a state of disrepair after I changed from CBBE to UUNP and then I got sidetracked and started fiddling with 64bit stuff).

Does this check for LOS or when NPCs are sleeping when determining if you have been seen?  I've had sleeping NPCs see me riffling through stuff even though they never wake up and there are walls between us.  

Sorry not to get back to you earlier. It uses 'HasLOS' for detection so the wall thing is probably engine related - or there might of been someone else lurking in the shadows? (There is a detection to stop 'You' from detecting you, so it shouldn't be that).

However you are right about it not currently detecting if the person detecting you is actually asleep. I'll try and get around to doing that fix at the weekend. (My 32bit is currently in a state of disrepair after I changed from CBBE to UUNP and then I got sidetracked and started fiddling with 64bit stuff).

np and thank you for the reply.  I also have detection mods to make sneaking around harder so they may be affecting how the detection works.

np and thank you for the reply.  I also have detection mods to make sneaking around harder so they may be affecting how the detection works.

Done it. (also note that the console will display who saw you. So just in case any weird see through walls type thing happens again, might be helpful to know circumstance).

Done it. (also note that the console will display who saw you. So just in case any weird see through walls type thing happens again, might be helpful to know circumstance).

yay thanks!  I knew about the console display which is how I knew it was the sleeping folks that detected me.  I'll let you know if I find any other naughty NPCs pretending to sleep but thank you for this mod!

• 2 weeks later...