Weird CBBE Skin Bug

Hey guys, I just happened to have a problem with my cbbe mod... Umm. Here are some photos. I don't know why this is happening. When I go to bodyslide and click Outfit/Body, and I click CBBE Body, this weird skin bug happens. Is there anyway to fix this?

Putting a fresh copy of Femalebody_d.dds into the proper location in the FO4 directory always fixes that for me. Not sure what causes it tho.

Hey guys, I just happened to have a problem with my cbbe mod... Umm. Here are some photos. I don't know why this is happening. When I go to bodyslide and click Outfit/Body, and I click CBBE Body, this weird skin bug happens. Is there anyway to fix this?

Putting a fresh copy of Femalebody_d.dds into the proper location in the FO4 directory always fixes that for me. Not sure what causes it tho.

Thanks. I'm new to fallout 4 modding. Where can I get a fresh copy of Femalebody_d.dds? Do I need to like uninstall every mod?

Get one out of Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer zip file you downloaded. Its in the 00 Required (Slim) folder, textures\actors\characters\basehumanfemale. Copy it and then paste it into Fallout4\Data\textures\actors\character\basehumanfemale

Should be in whatever body mod you are using. Jus tunzip it and grab it.

U smot. U loyl. I appreciate that.

Get one out of Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer zip file you downloaded. Its in the 00 Required (Slim) folder, textures\actors\characters\basehumanfemale. Copy it and then paste it into Fallout4\Data\textures\actors\character\basehumanfemale

thank you so much dude. I appreciate this very much!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. I have in included the Femalebody_d.dds when I try to open a outfit in Outfit Studio but it does not help. It seems I have the best luck when I just open a New Project and choose CBBE. This usually opens a nude female to edit. Now click on first Icon on the icon bar "Create a new project by selecting a reference body slider set ..." and enter the information for your armor. Sometimes this works, bu not always. I'd like to find out how to correct this permanently. If someone knows, please help! Thanks

• 4 years later...

I tried to do things with bodyslide, (as someone say in another topics [not here]) trying to fix it. The problem though... I only show up on a settler, the old one at Greentop Nursery, I can't fix it... >_third As mods for body use CBBE, and as skin use Valkyr (body & face). The problem is: I can't solve the problem with the woman... Other people look like "normal"... The only one who seems to have that problem is her... and since she's one of those missions, I can't kill her either! xD I even tried to go back with the saves... to see if I could fix it, I reinstalled both CBBE, and Valkyr... but nothing seems to work... (Ah, uso anche Josie Bodyslide presets). Can someone help me? 

• 1 year later...

@ShadowThunder992 years late but just wanted to say i have this issue also - never noticed it before because everytime ive met her shes had the explorer outfit on (the green coat) - so for all i know i couldve had this problem my whole fallout 4 life !
i think shes probably just one of those npc's who you cant fix, i think its been an issue ever since fallout 3 with body mods/replacer mods in general (had it once with eyes).

But if you did ever get a fix for it let me know ! ?

On 1/28/2022 at 11:21 AM, corpusinteritus said:

@ShadowThunder992 years late but just wanted to say i have this issue also - never noticed it before because everytime ive met her shes had the explorer outfit on (the green coat) - so for all i know i couldve had this problem my whole fallout 4 life !
i think shes probably just one of those npc's who you cant fix, i think its been an issue ever since fallout 3 with body mods/replacer mods in general (had it once with eyes).

Thanks for posting about this, every time I've met her I think to myself, wow why does she look that way.  I tried to fix it once, and failed.  There's 1 other npc in the game that I've seen like this if I recall correctly, and it's the female doctor involved in the Covenant quest, Dr. Chambers. 

Anyway, I just found this little article that has an explanation.  I guess I can't fix it in my game because I use FusionGirl.  But apparently there may be a fix if CBBE is used.

https://afktrack.afkmods.com/index.php?a=issues&i=30963

I'll throw the relevant quote here too, just in case:

Female settler 9B1E9 at Greentop Nursery skin texture is really deformed. Change clothing to something with a tank top or no clothing to take notice. This is the only built in settler that I know of with texture issues at this point.

Sclerocephalus said:

There are no tank tops in a vanilla game.

This woman uses the old human female body texture (Textures\Actors\Character\OldHumanFemale\OldHumanFemaleBody_d.DDS). You need a replacer for that texture that is compatible with the body mod you are using. And here lies the problem, because most texure replacers only offer variants for the standard femable body texture. CBBE is a notable exception in that it also includes a CBBE compatible female ghoul texture but it still doesn't have a compatible old female body texture either. AFAIK, there's only one mod on the Nexus that has an old female non-vanilla body texture, but this is of a low resolution and only compatible with CBBE.

Anyway, this is something you have to discuss with the various body mod authors.
There are no issues with this textire on the vanilla body (i.e. in a pure vanilla game).

(The first 2 edits are in regards to FusionGirl.  See edit3 for CBBE)

Edit: I wonder what would happen if I just made a copy of the young texture and named it OldHumanFemaleBody_d.DDS...

Edit2: It might work, actually.  So far I have placed my regular FG textures into \Textures\Actors\Character\OldHumanFemale\ and named them (I just opened my normal FG skin mod folder and created a new folder called OldHumanFemale in the Character folder to keep things coherent):

OldHumanFemaleBody_d

OldHumanFemaleBody_n

OldHumanFemaleBody_s

OldHumanFemaleBodydirty_d

OldHumanFemaleBodydirty_n

OldHumanFemaleBodydirty_s

But I did not do the hands, so she's got a wrist seam, and also the deformed hands problem with gloves.  So I'll have to work on it some more tomorrow.  I used coc GreentopNurseryext to get there in a new game.

Edit3: Just one more thing to add, if you are using CBBE try this mod, it has old lady skin ^-^ https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7432/?tab=files

Edited by Marg597
Testing
On 1/28/2022 at 11:21 AM, corpusinteritus said:

Maybe this will fix it.  It'll work fine with a new game, I don't know if it's possible to refresh the NPC in an existing game, but this mod will remove the reference for the game to use SkinOldNaked for the Greentop Settler and Dr. Roslyn Chambers.  The result is that they will use whatever your base human female skin is.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 1:58 AM, Marg597 said:

Maybe this will fix it.  It'll work fine with a new game, I don't know if it's possible to refresh the NPC in an existing game, but this mod will remove the reference for the game to use SkinOldNaked for the Greentop Settler and Dr. Roslyn Chambers.  The result is that they will use whatever your base human female skin is.

Tnk, after i understand what make my Skyrim AE keep corrupting my save, i try to play again FO4, but because i change mods so often, i don't keep track of green tops nursey old womans! XD But thank, i dowloads the file, and i use in future if i had again the bug! :D

• 1 year later...