Multiple NPC overhauls, with a twist.

MoonSpot

I'm having issues getting several NPC overhauls to work well together, and I;m not sure where the source of the problem is. 

The objective :

to have all the appearances setup and ready to rock for a new playthrough.

The Overhauls :

Bijin Warmadiens

Bijin Wives

bijin NPCs

The ordinary women

TM waifus

TM dawngaurd

Lords of skyrim

Improved Bards

College of winterhold improvement

Seranaholic /w Valerica

...probably others I can't recall at the moment

The issue:

Rather than just delete overlapping appearances or have then override I've been trying to use tes5edit to re-purpose them to instead affect other NPCs, but I keep getting fugly shit injected out of nowhere (as far as I can tell) when I change the formIDs in tesEdit.

For instance I try to use Ordinary womens lisette appearance for Zora fairchaild from iNPC, but I end up facial features that don't belong to either trumping.

Or when redirecting a dunmers appearance, those fugly ridges and wrinkled skin comes back outta nowhere.

I do keep track of, and only substitute if the same race, in an attempt to forgo "those other" issues.

Am I going to have to delete records from skyrim.esm dawngurd.esm and DB.esm to stop this?  or am I likely having some other problem(s)?

I had it working quite well once upon a time, but since I updated several mods I can't seem to get any of it back.

I'm having issues getting several NPC overhauls to work well together, and I;m not sure where the source of the problem is. 

The objective :

The Overhauls :

Bijin Warmadiens

Bijin Wives

bijin NPCs

The ordinary women

TM waifus

TM dawngaurd

Lords of skyrim

Improved Bards

Seranaholic /w Valerica

The issue:

Rather than just delete overlapping appearances or have then override I've been trying to use tes5edit to re-purpose them to instead affect other NPCs, but I keep getting fugly shit injected out of nowhere (as far as I can tell) when I change the formIDs in tesEdit.

For instance I try to use Ordinary womens lisette appearance for Zora fairchaild from iNPC, but I end up facial features that don't belong to either trumping.

Or when redirecting a dunmers appearance, those fugly ridges and wrinkled skin comes back outta nowhere.

I do keep track of, and only substitute if the same race, in an attempt to forgo "those other" issues.

Am I going to have to delete records from skyrim.esm dawngurd.esm and DB.esm to stop this?  or am I likely having some other problem(s)?

I had it working quite well once upon a time, but since I updated several mods I can't seem to get any of it back.

The facegendata also has to line up correctly.

The objective :

The Overhauls :

Bijin Warmadiens

Bijin Wives

bijin NPCs

The ordinary women

TM waifus

TM dawngaurd

Lords of skyrim

Improved Bards

Seranaholic /w Valerica

The issue:

manually?

The objective :

The Overhauls :

Bijin Warmadiens

Bijin Wives

bijin NPCs

The ordinary women

TM waifus

TM dawngaurd

Lords of skyrim

Improved Bards

Seranaholic /w Valerica

The issue:

manually?

I believe so but its been a long time since i last changed facegendata manually so I dont remember anything :(

manually?

I believe so but its been a long time since i last changed facegendata manually so I dont remember anything sad.png

The last time I did this it took me over a week to get it working(displaying) properly.  Now that save/character is pooched for beyond 100hrs of play, so I've decided to rebuild skyrim again (can't remember how many times this is now) to incorporate updates and redo merges.  Don't know if my heart can take this anymore T_T

manually?

I believe so but its been a long time since i last changed facegendata manually so I dont remember anything sad.png

The last time I did this it took me over a week to get it working(displaying) properly.  Now that save/character is pooched for beyond 100hrs of play, so I've decided to rebuild skyrim again (can't remember how many times this is now) to incorporate updates and redo merges.  Don't know if my heart can take this anymore T_T

Eh dont worry about it, I rebuild my Skyrim over 300 times.

But since I started using Mod Organizer I never had to rebuilt the whole Skyrim because of the Profiles :).

I have 1 Profile named Vanilla(just USLEEP/SKSE/FNIS/RaceMenu/Perfomance Texture mods).

I have 1 Profile named For Fun(This is the one I go nuts)

I have 1 Profile named Sexlab(for Sexlab Exclusive)

and I have 1 profile name Mod Testing Ground(Where I test mods and provide feedback when I can).

So If I ever have to rebuilt Skyrim again I copy the Vanilla Profile and built on it.

I use MO too, but Profiles don't help in this instance (Rebuilding not redownload per se).  I'm running skyrim on an SSD and archive older version of mods on the NAS.  When pointing an NPCs appearance from an overhaul to another NPC of my choosing in tes5edit it changes the installed mod to varying degrees.  The VM folder magic doesn't apply here, and updating mods largely undoes my previous efforts.

I really do have to figure out a better way of doing this.

Archived