HELP! HDT-based Followers Going Invisible.

C5Kev

So far, for Intel/Nvidia combinations, the following is working best...

[THREADS]

DataSyncMode=2

PriorityMode=3

It's funny you say that because I have two i7s and two titan X's and those setting produce massive stutter while setting both to 1 doesn't, and increases loading speed... for me

There is no "best", and you shouldn't assume as much ever where HDTsays and Boris are concerned.

I'm guessing your using Windows 10?

Quoting a post of mine at the Nexus...

"From Boris:

" Finally, thanks to M$, you can't use more than 4 gb of vram with win10, if you have it. "

If you have two 4GB vid cards in SLI--mode, Win10 is not even using half of your VRAM.

Stands to reason--given the inherent issues with SLI--that you would be better off with just one 4GB card and ditch the SLI.

OR, ditch Win10.

Sounds like the ENBoost update is trying to force the usage of all 8GB of VRAM, and Win10 is fighting it. That's an over-simplification to be sure, but I think you get the point."

The person who's question I was answering WAS using Win10 in SLI-mode. Removing one of his 4GB cards solved the stuttering issue, verifying this.

I'm on win7U.

Ok, that isn't the problem then.

DO you have cards in SLI-mode? So far, it looks like most of the people experiencing the stutter issue are either using AMD products, or using SLI. Boris suggested that people using SLI try the different SLI modes available.

From Nvidia;

"There are five SLI rendering modes available: Alternate Frame Rendering (AFR), Split Frame Rendering (SFR), Boost Performance Hybrid SLI, SLIAA and Compatibility mode."

If a different SLI mode doesn't solve the problem, and you do indeed use SLI, try removing one of the cards temporarily. That would at least verify that SLI is the problem if the stuttering is gone with only one card hooked up.

[THREADS]

DataSyncMode=1

PriorityMode=1

Don't assume 1 or 0 work best for your system, try 0 and 1 both and see what's best your particular setup.

[THREADS]

DataSyncMode=2

PriorityMode=3

The jury is still out on AMD stuff.

For those that are wondering if they can use the newer .303 ENB with their current ENB preset, just make a copy of the ENB files that are currently in your Skyrim directory and set them aside somewhere. Drop the new ones into the game directory, overwriting the old ones.

USE YOUR OLD enblocal.ini FILE!!! Add only the two lines above anywhere in that file.

If your ENB preset no longer functions properly, simply drop the back-up files (the originals) back into your Skyrim directory over-writing the new ones, putting it right back to where it was.

To be honest, I think you'd be better off dumping the ENB preset, getting the newest ENB binary (.303) and getting a different preset that works with it--the advantages of these new changes cannot be over-stated and it is definately worth the effort. I can pretty much assure you that future ENB presets will all be using this newer version, simply because it is far superior to previous versions.

Buglover - In my case, I just might do just that. I use RealVision ENB, which I like the best, but it IS old.

So far in my limited (time-wise) tests, 303 seems to solve the fading out followers (limited time though, so...) and seems to tame most of the wild HDT hair thing. Thanks for turning me onto that!

At the same time, my game now seems to really be stuttering. I'm using ~102 mods - the usual biggies - CoT 5, ELFX, Claralux, Parallax, SMIM, SFO, Smoking This's and That's, Verdant, etc., some ani mods and a some armor / clothes mods - sorted with LOOT.

I have an older 2.66 Quad (all cores unparked), 8G Ram and a GTX780 w/3G. Certainly not the latest and greatest Alienware SuperComputer with 3 SLI'ed Titans, but it seems to me that I should be able to run this old game smoothly with those mods (or maybe I'm living in a dreamworld). Over time though, with diff. suggestions here and there as to how to update my ini files for "best this" and the "best that", Lord knows what the Hell's going on with them as I don't understand half this stuff. :)  Now I've gotten to the point of blowing everything out and starting over - and we all know how long that takes! Arrggh!

Obviously I'm getting a little frustrated here...  LOL!    Uhh...

i am trying to fix this irritating stutter. i tried all options but the newer enb boost is killing my game experience. i tried 0/0 1/0 1/1 2/1 /1/2 2/2 3/2 2/3 3/3 3/4 but nothing works i still get stutter. older enb worked correctly just not the newer one. And i am currently not even using hdt.

i am trying to fix this irritating stutter. i tried all options but the newer enb boost is killing my game experience. i tried 0/0 1/0 1/1 2/1 /1/2 2/2 3/2 2/3 3/3 3/4 but nothing works i still get stutter. older enb worked correctly just not the newer one. And i am currently not even using hdt.

You too, huh?  I figured I'd try .292 and the stutter seemed to go away (or much better at least), but my follower disappeared and the HDT hair twitch is back. So I guess there's just no answer for some of us.

[THREADS]

DataSyncMode=1

PriorityMode=1

Don't assume 1 or 0 work best for your system, try 0 and 1 both and see what's best your particular setup.

[THREADS]

DataSyncMode=2

PriorityMode=3

For those that are wondering if they can use the newer .303 ENB with their current ENB preset, just make a copy of the ENB files that are currently in your Skyrim directory and set them aside somewhere. Drop the new ones into the game directory, overwriting the old ones.

USE YOUR OLD enblocal.ini FILE!!! Add only the two lines above anywhere in that file.

If your ENB preset no longer functions properly, simply drop the back-up files (the originals) back into your Skyrim directory over-writing the new ones, putting it right back to where it was.

To be honest, I think you'd be better off dumping the ENB preset, getting the newest ENB binary (.303) and getting a different preset that works with it--the advantages of these new changes cannot be over-stated and it is definately worth the effort. I can pretty much assure you that future ENB presets will all be using this newer version, simply because it is far superior to previous versions.

the max ranges are:

0-2 for Sync

0--4 for priority.

As for which should be used, it depends entirely on your hardware . These are actively overriding driver memory settings by data injection and partitioning, you're gonna need to adjust them to YOUR system, and there is no "universal fix". Just like HDT runs different on every system because of how fast resolves occur on that particular system.

OK - I think I've made some headway.

As I mentioned above, over time my misc. ini files had prolly gotten filled with a bunch of crap that I didn't even know what the hell the stuff meant (only went by various author's words, aka I'm an idiot), I decided to blow out RealVision (and hence my enblocal.ini), my Skyrim & SkyrimPref ini files and start a new game to create new ini's. Then I reinstalled RealVision, making necessary ini changes it req'd and the same for various other mods that have ini change requirements, e.g. Verdant, etc.  Then, started a new game and got my follower. Went to a few places, changed cells and she then disappeared.  OK....

So I overwrote .292 enb with the .303 binary and added the [THREADS] code into my enblocal.ini.  My follower has returned. Then I changed my HDT hair to a super long pony tail (past her ass) to check twitchy-ness. Hair is much, much better. A twitch once and a while, but hey, fine by me.  It also appears that the stuttering (using the 303 binary) I was experiencing last night is gone. Maybe a hiccup here and there, but nowhere near as bad as it was. As I said, I just started a new game, so maybe this whole thing can still unravel.  I sure hope not!  :)

So, to Buglover and 27X, all I can say is Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for your input!  Perhaps all this nonsense has been resolved?

Hopefully.

I'm gonna uninstall PE and install SMP, tomorrow, and see what happens.

If both SMP and PE play well with boris's new alignment system, then yeah you might declare tentative victory then. AS with Boris' other stuff don't assume it's a finished thing, and remember he is fickle as shit SO ALWAYS KEEP BACK UPS.

Always.

Make sure you run by Riften and Solitude Docks before you call it all clear.

AMD CPUs are not taking the higher settings very well.

If you are using AMD CPUs, you might want to wait until Boris gets things figured out.

This does NOT apply to AMD GPUs--my wife's machine has a Radeon card and it works just fine on her machine.

If you are using AMD CPU, try using the following settings:

[THREADS]

DataSyncMode=1

PriorityMode=0

If that still gives you bad stuttering, you'll just have to wait until Boris optimizes this update for AMD CPUs.

I've got an Intel/Nvidia Setup

i5-4690k OC'd to 4.6

SLI'd GTX 970 SC ASX 2

I'm running windows 10, which I think is one of the main problems. Microsoft seems intent of fucking gamers with their bullshit updates.

I don't know what the deal is. I was running .262 for Poupouri ENB Morning Star. Everything was running great. I updated to .303, and then the 16fps lock kicked in.
I had made a backup of all my files before updating, deleted the files and replaced them with the backups, and the fps went back to normal, but I started getting severe camera jitter indoors, and I'm running 60 fps indoors, no exceptions.

Sometimes I feel like I spend more time troubleshooting this game than anything else, and then I wonder why the fuck I bother.

I've got an Intel/Nvidia Setup

i5-4690k OC'd to 4.6

SLI'd GTX 970 SC ASX 2

I'm running windows 10, which I think is one of the main problems. Microsoft seems intent of fucking gamers with their bullshit updates.

I don't know what the deal is. I was running .262 for Poupouri ENB Morning Star. Everything was running great. I updated to .303, and then the 16fps lock kicked in.

I had made a backup of all my files before updating, deleted the files and replaced them with the backups, and the fps went back to normal, but I started getting severe camera jitter indoors, and I'm running 60 fps indoors, no exceptions.

Sometimes I feel like I spend more time troubleshooting this game than anything else, and then I wonder why the fuck I bother.

Doesn't play well with my rig either. I installed .292 and that seems OK.   "...seems intent of fucking gamers" - considering Gates is a big-time eugenisist (just like his old man) determined to kill all of us via mosquitos, is it any wonder?  Zika anyone?  :)

Things were going well...then I exited a cave...and my follower slowly faded away.  Ah crap.  I guess there is simply no solution to this issue still...

dumb seeming question but I just have to ask it.  does your follower use a custom race with more than 1 ESM/ESP??

if so you will need to check your Skyrim.ini file and make sure it has the following:

[General]

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

that little gem took me almost 2 months to figure out (ROFLMAO at how easy the fix was when I found it) for a follower I was trying to create.

Things were going well...then I exited a cave...and my follower slowly faded away.  Ah crap.  I guess there is simply no solution to this issue still...

dumb seeming question but I just have to ask it.  does your follower use a custom race with more than 1 ESM/ESP??

if so you will need to check your Skyrim.ini file and make sure it has the following:

[General]

that little gem took me almost 2 months to figure out (ROFLMAO at how easy the fix was when I found it) for a follower I was trying to create.

LOL!  -  Not stupid. Believe me, I've done far dumber / obvious things in my life than forgetting to enable a master file or plug-in, plus it'd be very easy not to know about the ini entry. Like you said, ya gotta ask.

I have made some discoveries that may be of interest to all -

I and my follower have been playing nude except for heels, Warp Nude Rings (Ring of Nude Armor) and some earrings to remove any possible HDT clothes / armor, etc. issues,  I found out that my previous follower had an HDT vag,, which wasn't mentioned in her description (which is odd, it's a biggish feature - or i just didn't notice it). I found that out when I opened her skin texture in Photoshop and saw that a pussy texture had been added.

Anyway, playing with a new follower with a standard UNP-BBP body, things were going well and thought the previous follower just had some issues. Then coming out of a cave, the new girl faded away.   Damn it!  WTF???

I use AFT to control followers, so I went up to her and removed her earrings. To my amazement, she faded back in.  Holy crap! The HDT earrings?  So I sent a message to the earring creator about my experiences. He found it all interesting and thought it might be related to a bones issue / follower may been using a custom skeleton other than Groovtama's XPMSE.   *lightbulb*   Ohhh, So I replaced her skeleton.nif / skeleton_female.nif file, added a copy of skeleton.hkx file (not sure if I need that, but I put it in her directory anyway) and am checking out if the new skeleton has resolved the issue.

[THREADS]

DataSyncMode=2

PriorityMode=3

It's funny you say that because I have two i7s and two titan X's and those setting produce massive stutter while setting both to 1 doesn't, and increases loading speed... for me

There is no "best", and you shouldn't assume as much ever where HDTsays and Boris are concerned.

holy shit! i didn't even realize u could use 2 i7s in a pc lol. u must have a $5000+ pc. me want

[THREADS]

DataSyncMode=1

PriorityMode=1

[THREADS]

DataSyncMode=2

PriorityMode=3

Buglover - In my case, I just might do just that. I use RealVision ENB, which I like the best, but it IS old.

yeah i'm using an old Realvision too. like 2.51 or so lol. took forever to get it like i want it so hesitant to switch. any enbs that are similar to realivision (bright!) and use the newer 3.03?

if using the new 3.03 should we remove the memory tweaks like SSME or the SKSE.ini memory lines?

[General]

i thought that ini setting only worked for the CK Skyrimeditor.ini

[General]

LOL!  -  Not stupid. Believe me, I've done far dumber / obvious things in my life than forgetting to enable a master file or plug-in, plus it'd be very easy not to know about the ini entry. Like you said, ya gotta ask.

I and my follower have been playing nude except for heels, Warp Nude Rings (Ring of Nude Armor) and some earrings to remove any possible HDT clothes / armor, etc. issues,  I found out that my previous follower had an HDT vag,, which wasn't mentioned in her description (which is odd, it's a biggish feature - or i just didn't notice it). I found that out when I opened her skin texture in Photoshop and saw that a pussy texture had been added.

Anyway, playing with a new follower with a standard UNP-BBP body, things were going well and thought the previous follower just had some issues. Then coming out of a cave, the new girl faded away.   Damn it!  WTF???

I use AFT to control followers, so I went up to her and removed her earrings. To my amazement, she faded back in.  Holy crap! The HDT earrings?  So I sent a message to the earring creator about my experiences. He found it all interesting and thought it might be related to a bones issue / follower may been using a custom skeleton other than Groovtama's XPMSE.   *lightbulb*   Ohhh, So I replaced her skeleton.nif / skeleton_female.nif file, added a copy of skeleton.hkx file (not sure if I need that, but I put it in her directory anyway) and am checking out if the new skeleton has resolved the issue.

it might not really be the hdt earings fault tho, because just removing or adding most anything to a follower's inventory that is equipped, can snap them back to visibility. console disable then enable works to usually.

as for stuff like hdt vagina or belly, try using the HDT Phyics extention log. it'll tell u if a follower has bones that are not being supported ingame. that can give ya low fps and stutter. i don't use belly or vag and i use the Just For Fun program to remove the belly and nifskope to remove the vag bone from the mesh

Mookeylama

no the setting will also work in Skyrim.ini if you have a NPC using multi ESM/ESP's (I know it is needed for the follower I was creating that uses 2 ESM's).

that adjustment allowed her to be rendered in Skyrim (without it she was in game but just not visible).

That usually doesn't cause the fade though.

and yeah you should keep your SKSE setting as they are, the new setting are supposed to work with it.

The real test will be going to somewhere like Riften or Solitude and seeing if anybody fades out.

[THREADS]

DataSyncMode=2

PriorityMode=3

holy shit! i didn't even realize u could use 2 i7s in a pc lol. u must have a $5000+ pc. me want

[THREADS]

DataSyncMode=1

PriorityMode=1

[THREADS]

DataSyncMode=2

PriorityMode=3

yeah i'm using an old Realvision too. like 2.51 or so lol. took forever to get it like i want it so hesitant to switch. any enbs that are similar to realivision (bright!) and use the newer 3.03?

if using the new 3.03 should we remove the memory tweaks like SSME or the SKSE.ini memory lines?

After upgrading to CoT 5, I finally got tried of endless dark days and constant rain. So I switched over to Purity and it's counterpart PureVision ENB (basically RealVision).  I'm still using .292,  my machine just doesn't like .303 for some reason. Stutters a lot! Not positive on the ini stuff...I left the ini code in my file and doesn't seem to bother anything, but buglover or 27X could better answer that.

[General]

i thought that ini setting only worked for the CK Skyrimeditor.ini

[General]

it might not really be the hdt earings fault tho, because just removing or adding most anything to a follower's inventory that is equipped, can snap them back to visibility. console disable then enable works to usually.

as for stuff like hdt vagina or belly, try using the HDT Phyics extention log. it'll tell u if a follower has bones that are not being supported ingame. that can give ya low fps and stutter. i don't use belly or vag and i use the Just For Fun program to remove the belly and nifskope to remove the vag bone from the mesh

Whew! This stuff is complicated - to me anyway.  I've attached my HDT log file. Note that I don't use my hdt.xml file (when trying to get collision to work initially, I discovered I never had an hdt.xml file, only hdtm.xml and found what I thought was a generic hdt.xml here on LL) because I don't want the collision to work. I have really nice boob bounce with my ...DefaultBBP.xml, but when enabling collision via the hdt.xml file, my boobs become like tightly wound springs and I don't like it.  The fact that I don't have the hdt.xml file enabled prolly is causing "something" to happen, but my character seems fine, so...  ??? 

were you enrolled in he Steam Bets trial?

Did you opt out and also disable the steam Overlay?

Also what are your enblocal settings?

27X - not sure if you're talking to me or Mookeylama  :)  If me, no, I wasn't involved in anything and I always have Steam in off-line mode, unless I want to allow updates, etc.  i've attached a copy of my enblocal.ini . I don't understand half this shit.

hdtPhysicsExtensions.log

enblocal.txt

@c5KEV

Looking at your enblocal.ini, it doesn't appear you are using any sort of FPS limiter. You will never get proper HDT physics if you let your framerate go over 60FPS. Everything from scripting to HDT gets borked with FPS over 60. Use the following for easiest FPS limiting.

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=true
EnableFPSLimit=true
FPSLimit=55.0

IF you still have issues, set WaitBusyRenderer=false instead.

As much as people like seeing FPS as high as possible, Skyrim DOES NOT WORK WELL OVER 60FPS.

He has enable vsync true, if he has a 60 hz monitor, he might not need that, otherwise he would.

in addition to that

you might try changing fixlag to true

enablecompression to false

memoryX64 to false

and videomemorymb to 8196.

I would do those 1 at a time, btw, and pick a very busy spot to let the game run for a while.

Archived