SoS - Retooled (WIP)

boo

So what would this mod offer over SAM for example? Also Re:-Skysight textures, SAM already has those.

All the revealing outfits for SOS against 2 or 3 for SAM?  :D  :P

That only matters if you're the type that likes to wear unrealistic armors that wouldn't offer a shred of protection. It still has revealing refits of vanilla armor(and some of Aoki's stuff), which on games where you're a female would cover just about every male in-game anyway if you were so inclined.

Subjective nature of the desirability of 'revealing' armors aside, what else would it offer?

So what would this mod offer over SAM for example? Also Re:-Skysight textures, SAM already has those.

That only matters if you're the type that likes to wear unrealistic armors that wouldn't offer a shred of protection. It still has revealing refits of vanilla armor(and some of Aoki's stuff), which on games where you're a female would cover just about every male in-game anyway if you were so inclined.

Subjective nature of the desirability of 'revealing' armors aside, what else would it offer?

:blink: Ouch! I was expecting the two emoticons will prevent this answer from been taken too seriously, but OK.

Subjective nature of taste, preferences and simply having fun while playing a game aside and avoiding anything unrealistic that distracts us from shouting at dragons in that game and applying strict scientific approach at measuring the options the two body replacers offer SAM is a better choice.

It has all the benefits of been released quite some time after SOS and is more mature mod with more options.

However some people prefer to follow what feels better for them in the in-game world and for some of them the choice is SOS. Hence they try to improve it further. SOS has some advantages in the variety that come from been around longer but I suspect you are not going to be interested in them.

:blink: Ouch! I was expecting the two emoticons will prevent this answer from been taken too seriously, but OK.

Subjective nature of taste, preferences and simply having fun while playing a game aside and avoiding anything unrealistic that distracts us from shouting at dragons in that game and applying strict scientific approach at measuring the options the two body replacers offer SAM is a better choice.

It has all the benefits of been released quite some time after SOS and is more mature mod with more options.

However some people prefer to follow what feels better for them in the in-game world and for some of them the choice is SOS. Hence they try to improve it further. SOS has some advantages in the variety that come from been around longer but I suspect you are not going to be interested in them.

I still use SOS-full in a butchered state simply for the Futa portion which SAM doesn't support(as well as different schlong types), but compared to the male Bodies in the old SOS, SAM simply looks a helluva lot better, better mesh, better textures, normals, customizability ect. Was wondering if this retool would change that situation any.

So what would this mod offer over SAM for example?

Where is sky sight for SAM?

Also, compatibility in general. Both with add-ons and textures. I'll be revisiting textures for humans / mers promptly since I've found an SOS edit (albeit incomplete) for sky sight recently.

Where is sky sight for SAM?

http://www.ladymoiraine.com/index.php?/files/file/70-skysight-skin-for-samson-and-samuel/

I'm following this thread for updates and I'm ready to assist if needed. I hope you don't give up on this project.

Have you thought about fixing the "asshole issue" as in the lack of one? 

I'm really not sure if it is a good idea to add an anus to the body because lots of animations that now work fine will stop making sense, but maybe it is worth it?

There is a zip file around with SOS textures with a sphincter but it looks like the body has a chewing gum stuck in it's but. (I mean - it looks OK on the shaved human body, but not on the others.)

http://www.ladymoiraine.com/index.php?/forums/forum/425-sam-downloads/

Sarcasm or not, I don't think SAM lack of revealing outfits. ;)

I see... They are now 7 (5 new were published this month)  :)

I'm talking about "revealing" and not "skimpy" outfits. Recently I started using "schlongified outfits" to avoid the confusion of an armor with bare chest and belly been called revealing. 

The last time I tried playing using SAM was 3 months ago, I downloaded everything that is there for SAM and I felt like in the puritan heaven.

I even "complained" about it in another thread here on LL and got links to refit tutorials in return. Back then the tutorials seemed quite scary and also I'm still confused about all the permissions and similar issues around publishing direct refits of the SOS armors. 

I think most of the SAM users are happy with the skimpy outfits and other part of them simply run a "nudist" game - when all NPCs are naked then SAM seems a better option.

I still use SOS-full in a butchered state simply for the Futa portion which SAM doesn't support(as well as different schlong types), but compared to the male Bodies in the old SOS, SAM simply looks a helluva lot better, better mesh, better textures, normals, customizability ect. Was wondering if this retool would change that situation any.

I'm sorry I have misunderstood your initial post. I have seen other people also mentioning the problems when trying to use other schlongs with SAM or in your case using the schlong from SAM to a different body. I think the best is to ask about this on the Lady Moiraine website. You never know in advance what the answer might be.   I can imagine adding futa support will make SAM way more popular than it is now so even if the author is not interested in it he might still do it.

Hello.  I've been a loyal SOS user - and LOVE it!

I've been using Schlongs of Skyrim version 3.004 but am curious in trying what you have done.

But not sure - do I uninstall SOS and install your mod?

Or do I install your mod on TOP of SOS?

Also, I have other mods that use the SOS mod:

- SOS racemenu,

SOS Revealing armors,

Floppy SOS (love seeing those schlongs bounce around - lol),

New male texture for SOS - Sundracon - FS body - New better normal map only for Schlongs of Skyrim body

New male texture for SOS - Sundracon - FS body - New normal map texture for SOS - Defined Abs Edition

New male texture for SOS - Sundracon - FS body - New texture and better normal map for SOS - Schlongs of Skyrim

Smooth Male Body - textures for Better Males - SOS Schlongs of Skyrim

And I have a follower Cassius C. Carthage - SOS Version  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67842/?

As well as using SOS with the Sexlab mods.

I guess the same questions goes for those as well.  Does your mod SOS Retooled work with those?

Or is this still a work in progress and should wait until you announce that you are done.

Thanks for any info you can give.

I'm sorry I have misunderstood your initial post. I have seen other people also mentioning the problems when trying to use other schlongs with SAM or in your case using the schlong from SAM to a different body. I think the best is to ask about this on the Lady Moiraine website. You never know in advance what the answer might be.   I can imagine adding futa support will make SAM way more popular than it is now so even if the author is not interested in it he might still do it.

Nah man there's no problems, you just have to load both mods in the right order. SOS first, then SAM overwrites, so you have all the SOS-Futa and SAM males. Though some SOS schlong types actually fit SAM alright, like the horse. I've never had any problems with the arrangement whatsoever.

The authors have stated unequivocally that they will not be adding futa support. Their only interest is in males; I know this because i've brought it up before.

Still, the pseudo-bodyslide nature of SAM is one of the biggest draws. Was always non-plussed with the default sos body and the bodybuilder variant was overly ridiculous; the samson/samuel morphs and being able to adjust those morphs and customize them to how I like it was awesome, and the class offsets were a nice touch, making fighters and Boss types significantly larger than normal an making thieves/mages/archers a bit skinnier. That they also affect werewolves? Awesome!

True Bodyslide implementation for the retooled SOS body would go a long way in making it a more attractive option, I think.

I've been using Schlongs of Skyrim version 3.004 but am curious in trying what you have done.

- SOS racemenu,

SOS Revealing armors,

New male texture for SOS - Sundracon - FS body - New better normal map only for Schlongs of Skyrim body

New male texture for SOS - Sundracon - FS body - New normal map texture for SOS - Defined Abs Edition

New male texture for SOS - Sundracon - FS body - New texture and better normal map for SOS - Schlongs of Skyrim

And I have a follower Cassius C. Carthage - SOS Version  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67842/?

I guess the same questions goes for those as well.  Does your mod SOS Retooled work with those?

Or is this still a work in progress and should wait until you announce that you are done.

This is being built as a patch on top of SoS, textures and meshes only right now.

Nah man there's no problems, you just have to load both mods in the right order. SOS first, then SAM overwrites, so you have all the SOS-Futa and SAM males. Though some SOS schlong types actually fit SAM alright, like the horse. I've never had any problems with the arrangement whatsoever.

The authors have stated unequivocally that they will not be adding futa support. Their only interest is in males; I know this because i've brought it up before.

Still, the pseudo-bodyslide nature of SAM is one of the biggest draws. Was always non-plussed with the default sos body and the bodybuilder variant was overly ridiculous; the samson/samuel morphs and being able to adjust those morphs and customize them to how I like it was awesome, and the class offsets were a nice touch, making fighters and Boss types significantly larger than normal an making thieves/mages/archers a bit skinnier. That they also affect werewolves? Awesome!

True Bodyslide implementation for the retooled SOS body would go a long way in making it a more attractive option, I think.

If you can point me to a tutorial for bodyslide compatibility, I could give it a shot.

- SOS racemenu,

SOS Revealing armors,

This is being built as a patch on top of SoS, textures and meshes only right now.

As a patch! ...would have loved to see it include splitting up size into length, girth and balls size ...instead of one size fits all.

- SOS racemenu,

SOS Revealing armors,

As a patch! ...would have loved to see it include splitting up size into length, girth and balls size ...instead of one size fits all.

You can already do that with the race menu plugin. But for applying as a rule across races and addons, I could see.

- SOS racemenu,

SOS Revealing armors,

Oh ok - so install your patch to SOS - I imagine that the load order would be putting your patch AFTER all my other SOS mods, correct?

Also - I use the Nexus MOD manager.   Do I install both the SOS Retool and the Texture Conversion Template file. 

Or just the SOS Retooled file?

Conversion template is strictly a modders resource. Keep in mind this is still WIP and as such doesn't include any feet meshes or human / mer textures.

Oh ok - thanks for the info.

Might have to wait for this then anyway since I usually play the "human" races.

http://www.ladymoiraine.com/index.php?/forums/forum/425-sam-downloads/

Sarcasm or not, I don't think SAM lack of revealing outfits. ;)

I see... They are now 7 (5 new were published this month)  :)

I'm talking about "revealing" and not "skimpy" outfits. Recently I started using "schlongified outfits" to avoid the confusion of an armor with bare chest and belly been called revealing. 

The last time I tried playing using SAM was 3 months ago, I downloaded everything that is there for SAM and I felt like in the puritan heaven.

I even "complained" about it in another thread here on LL and got links to refit tutorials in return. Back then the tutorials seemed quite scary and also I'm still confused about all the permissions and similar issues around publishing direct refits of the SOS armors. 

I think most of the SAM users are happy with the skimpy outfits and other part of them simply run a "nudist" game - when all NPCs are naked then SAM seems a better option.

There are almost every vanilla armors (non-skimpy version, non-revealing) done with SAM. Don't know what you're talking about.

I don't like nudity, I just like the detail/ high polygons from SAM, and all the textures done with it (such as skysight that is nicely done). 

You don't have to compare the two bodies, anyway sam is better in terms of quality, functionality and diversity. If you want to do something better with SOS, it's your right. But no need to say SAM lack outfits because it's not true.

The only thing you're right is the fact that SAM is not as easy as SOS for making refits, and this is a valid point for this project. (In fact, it's arguable since it's not "that" hard if you learn how to do it, there are nice tutorials in the ladymoiraine forum imo) Oh and, matter of taste, of course.

About permission issue, you have all the right to do refits, but if you want to share it, it should remain in ladymoiraine forum. 

• 2 months later...

Archived