SoS - Retooled (WIP)

boo

Thought I might as well post what I've got so far.

Improvements.
* Vanilla UV maps for body mesh - COMPLETED
* Vanilla (at least around ankles) UV maps for feet

* Textures for new UVs, and a template for easy conversion. - WIP
** Adjusting the UV maps allows greater texture compatibility, especially for the beast races where currently there is a visible seam on the ankles as well as on parts of the body due to inconsistent normal maps.
* Full HDT support on body  - COMPLETED

* Increased poly-count for smoothed body mesh

* Unique beast feet

* Clothing conversions where appropriate

Anybody of ideas on how to adjust the HDT properties for this body uniquely from female bodies? Next up I think is textures, then smoothing the mesh I think.

TextureConversionTemplate.7z

SoS Retooled (03-14-16).7z

Vanilla UV's will help with compatibility with textures sets such as fadingsignal's 'Skysight' He's promised an SoS version for over a year but I doubt it will happen, maybe with the UV changes his vanilla version can be converted more easily.

Will check it out.

Noticed a seam on the side of the hip, where the textures blend. I'm going to need to get a little more precision on the mask as well as adjust uvs a bit more. Removing template for now until I'm satisfied that seam is easily eliminated.

I've been using SoS Light, and lately been experimenting by switching revealing armor/attire mod assets to use the the various (3) body mesh from sos-light. Reduces papyrus activity; no need for esp(s) for revealing armor/clothes packs; no need for actors to disrobe during sex (much smoother transition, no swooshing sound); easy to tell which npc are aroused due to partial erections while wearing armor; different genital (style) addons can be added to different types of revealing armor/clothes. This should be a mod, not sure why it isn't.  

Though, I guess it would just be best if these revealing armor (nif mesh) were just by themselves, without a paired body mesh. This way all male would always be using their default (racial) nude mesh with unique genitals (Leito's addons). Wearing revealing armor would be more realistic -- just the armor part, not the entire body mesh as well.

this needs thinking on.  

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody have suggestions on feet meshes I should be looking for? For beast races at least, I'm hoping for something that conforms to the vanilla UVs at least at the angles while is still of good quality.

Vanilla UV's will help with compatibility with textures sets such as fadingsignal's 'Skysight' He's promised an SoS version for over a year but I doubt it will happen, maybe with the UV changes his vanilla version can be converted more easily.

Will check it out.

And...? Is it work? I'm waiting for Skysight SoS textures so long, I lose faith in this project.

This is great. Would you be interested in uploading a really basic version without the updated meshes, UVs, etc, just butt physics? Would be nice.

Easy enough to do, take the new meshes and use them as the source for bone weight copy in blender.

Noticed a seam on the side of the hip, where the textures blend. I'm going to need to get a little more precision on the mask as well as adjust uvs a bit more. Removing template for now until I'm satisfied that seam is easily eliminated.

Non beast races still have a seam on the side and a small one on the front of the hip

post-130582-0-52375500-1457345405_thumb.jpg

Non beast races still have a seam on the side and a small one on the front of the hip

attachicon.gif1.jpg

Haven't included textures for human and mer yet. :)

Updated to include HDT enabled underwear for no clipping with the butt.

For now no feet meshes are included. The best option of the existing ones seems to be Feminine Feet Redefined (since the textures are adapted from vanilla pretty well), but unfortunately due to better males support it sacrifices some texture resolution (the textures for Khajiit feet in particular, while the best out of all adaptations out there, are still pretty rough) . SAM feet seem like the next best candidate for universal support, though that would also require adaptation of the vanilla Khajiit textures.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived