[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01JUN2024

Hey Dew. Will Minotaurs ever be an NPC?

I've plans for Minotaur events, but nothing that actually adds one to a player's court.

:-/

Not to get your hopes up, but I've done things that I never intended to do before. Most recently being the addition of a fairy trait. So, if I change my mind down the road, don't hold it against me. :)

:heart:

Hey Dew. Since you mentioned interest in Orc specific events, I thought of a fast way to make Orcs get in the game rather than just summoning one at a time through Lilith or Mage magic.

It could be turned into a horde event similar to Mongols and Aztecs. Portal to wherever they're summoned from opens up and they invade Earth, potentially taking over a Duchy or Kingdom. Bam, we now have 20-50 Orc NPCs. After that there could be a yearly pulse that has a random Orc spawn in the player's and/or A.I's court.

If you are REALLY wanting this now, try to find the "Eugenics" mod. It allows everyone to marry close relatives, parents and children/siblings. Every game I play, Karloman Karling ends up marrying either his sister Gisela, or failing that, waiting til his first born daughter (an unlegitimized bastard by a lowborn single woman named Himiltrude), Amaudru, comes of age and then pumping out, on average, 3-5 kids with her. The fact she is considered part of the Karling family means he acknowledged her. It's been a while since I checked without that mod, so i can't guarantee that the game doesn't do this on it's own. Still, I'm watching the Isauros dynasty marry it's daughters to their uncles as well. I'm fairly certain that's not in the base game. The only thing is it doesn't give you the option to marry across multiple courts (realms) between close relations.

CK2 has a built in "no close relatives marriage rule" which basically prevents any and all romantic interactions between members of the same dynasty that are not at least 2 "steps" apart relativewise.

The only exception is the zoroastrian religion in which marrying close relatives is a sign of piety.

So yes that is the mod and is not possible in "vanilla CK2".

But honestly that mod is not worth it for a somewhat serious playthrough in my eyes. After some hundred years roughly half of europe is inbred, lunatic, ugly, hunchback or dense.

There's a mod called Generational Inbreeding that adds more nuance to the inbreeding system.  Among other things, if a character is the result of several generations of inbreeding, they can get the 'Purebred' trait which prevents them from developing any inborn traits, including Inbred, unless their parents had them.  If you're careful with how you manage your family, you can breed an entire family that has no risk from marrying each other -- and, with a lot more work, even one that reliably passes on traits like Genius, Strong or Attractive to every generation without fail.

It's compatible with Christianity Mod, but I haven't tried it with Dark World yet.  Worth a try, though.

There's a mod called Generational Inbreeding that adds more nuance to the inbreeding system.  Among other things, if a character is the result of several generations of inbreeding, they can get the 'Purebred' trait which prevents them from developing any inborn traits, including Inbred, unless their parents had them.  If you're careful with how you manage your family, you can breed an entire family that has no risk from marrying each other -- and, with a lot more work, even one that reliably passes on traits like Genius, Strong or Attractive to every generation without fail.

It's compatible with Christianity Mod, but I haven't tried it with Dark World yet.  Worth a try, though.

Thank you; I've been looking for something like this.

how does one add the werewolf bitch modifier to another character besides there own via console commands?

You can't. The only one who can is Fenris. However Dew is updating Creatures of the Night soon so you probably won't have to wait long.

Technically, this answer is both true and false. There is a work around to get it to work, and I just thought of a method that "Might" work, i'll test it later. The method I currently use is to either grant a county title to a female courtier that I want to have the modifier, then use the "charinfo" command to get said courtier's character ID, then use the "play <Character ID>" command to switch to that character, then enter the "event DWCore.1" command, which runs the DW campaign decision event. From there, I choose the options I want to apply (leading to werewolf futas with the werewolf bitch modifier..... i'm twisted, but i just like the thought of my wife having a ton of female lovers bearing her children), using multiple instances of the event command. Then, and this is the MOST IMPORTANT STEP, use the "Play <Character ID>" command to return to the original character, and use the "give_title <Province name> <Character ID>" command to return the county in question to my direct rule, as this (generally) results in the courtier returning to my court. (http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Provinces <---- this website is INVALUABLE for finding county names when the game has applied cultural name changes to counties.) Just remember that when you have finished modifying the courtier in the way you want, you use the play command to return to your original character BEFORE you use the give_title command, or else the game will instantly end. The only time this hasn't happened when I forgot is when the courtier was actually a member of my dynasty. I hope this helps.

Edit: so the method I thought might work does not, or at least i've not seen successful results, but I highly doubt it does work, so I won't bother mentioning it.

thanks for the help unfortunately this doesn't work for me everytime i have tried it all i get is a message box with the letter A in it and thats it can;t do anything else afterwards (running ck2 with all dlc except conclave and the military units) but thanks for letting me know about the play command i have taken to using it to change character and starting the dark world choice from the intrigue menu to get the werewolf bitch modifier then switch back and just adding the werewolf trait to my main character through the command console 

how does one add the werewolf bitch modifier to another character besides there own via console commands?

You can't. The only one who can is Fenris. However Dew is updating Creatures of the Night soon so you probably won't have to wait long.

Technically, this answer is both true and false. There is a work around to get it to work, and I just thought of a method that "Might" work, i'll test it later. The method I currently use is to either grant a county title to a female courtier that I want to have the modifier, then use the "charinfo" command to get said courtier's character ID, then use the "play <Character ID>" command to switch to that character, then enter the "event DWCore.1" command, which runs the DW campaign decision event. From there, I choose the options I want to apply (leading to werewolf futas with the werewolf bitch modifier..... i'm twisted, but i just like the thought of my wife having a ton of female lovers bearing her children), using multiple instances of the event command. Then, and this is the MOST IMPORTANT STEP, use the "Play <Character ID>" command to return to the original character, and use the "give_title <Province name> <Character ID>" command to return the county in question to my direct rule, as this (generally) results in the courtier returning to my court. (http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Provinces <---- this website is INVALUABLE for finding county names when the game has applied cultural name changes to counties.) Just remember that when you have finished modifying the courtier in the way you want, you use the play command to return to your original character BEFORE you use the give_title command, or else the game will instantly end. The only time this hasn't happened when I forgot is when the courtier was actually a member of my dynasty. I hope this helps.

Edit: so the method I thought might work does not, or at least i've not seen successful results, but I highly doubt it does work, so I won't bother mentioning it.

thanks for the help unfortunately this doesn't work for me everytime i have tried it all i get is a message box with the letter A in it and thats it can;t do anything else afterwards (running ck2 with all dlc except conclave and the military units) but thanks for letting me know about the play command i have taken to using it to change character and starting the dark world choice from the intrigue menu to get the werewolf bitch modifier then switch back and just adding the werewolf trait to my main character through the command console 

Fascinating. Are you sure you entered the event command correctly as I put it in up there? If so, my suggestions start with validate your installation of CK2 via the steam verify tool. (Open properties, go to the local files tab, and choose Verify integrity of game cache). It won't take very long, and any missing or damaged files in the primary game folder will be fixed. If this doesn't work, then the next problem is what mods you're using. If you're not using the most recent version of the DWCore and sub mods, I don't know if that might cause problems. If that's not the issue, then the next one is how other mods are interacting with your installation. Not having Conclave might have an effect, but don't quote me. Verifying will take the least amount of time, then open a new game and try this method again. If it doesn't work, then open the game with only the DW Reborn Mods active and try again. If that doesn't work, then reinstall your DW Reborn mods, and try again. If it still fails to work, then the problem is likely the missing dlc, which is absolutely necessary for Dewguru to know. If there are any steps others would try to perform before giving up entirely, please say so. This whole thing, not counting download times, could probably be finished in 30 minutes. If you absolutely want to get this to work, it's worth trying. Again, it's not entirely necessary though since your method, while shorter and less convoluted, also works. But it's only usable on one target by that concept. Either way, good luck!

CK2 has a built in "no close relatives marriage rule" which basically prevents any and all romantic interactions between members of the same dynasty that are not at least 2 "steps" apart relativewise.

The only exception is the zoroastrian religion in which marrying close relatives is a sign of piety.

But honestly that mod is not worth it for a somewhat serious playthrough in my eyes. After some hundred years roughly half of europe is inbred, lunatic, ugly, hunchback or dense.

you can marry close relatives but it is only between siblings because you have to seduce them to make theme a lover to override the "no close relative marriage rule" Unless they patched that out of the game recently.

you can marry close relatives but it is only between siblings because you have to seduce them to make theme a lover to override the "no close relative marriage rule" Unless they patched that out of the game recently.

I just add a few lines to the 00_religions.xml for whichever religion(s) I intend to play:

pc_marriage = yes
bs_marriage = yes

These allow parent/child and brother/sister marriages respectively.  So I can run the Steam Validation thing, I add a copy of the 00_religions.xml and it's root folders (common/religions) to a mod I always run just to keep the changes secure.  Seems to work just fine for me.  I also tend to leave some heresies and base religions alone to keep some diversity among faiths.  Some base religions also are left alone, but heresies of them are altered.  I didn't want both Orthodoxy and Catholicism to share the incest so one has it while the other doesn't, while some heresies on both sides have incest.  After adding DW (and later DWReborn) to my "must use mods" I really decided to say "hang history, this is a sandbox" to all sorts of things.  The inclusion of the line

feminist = yes

was a nice touch for runs that had potential rulers with the Lilith trait to combat penalties the church didn't approve of.  There were many excommunications before that.  Anyways, it gets curious when the two or three things mingle though since I had a run where Fenris got enough werewolves into the European gene pool and I had a strange succubus-werewolf hybrid futa on the throne.  Had to really bust my butt and pay the ruler off for the werewolf that made things seriously outlandish though, but fun things happen when the game runs long enough with the DWReborn mods in full swing.  She liked to sell off her Omega Male sons for alliances and I got her to kill most of her brothers, sisters, and a few cousins just to keep the pretenders at bay.  A real control freak that would have made her grandfather proud (he killed most of his brothers before dying of pneumonia).

I know people complain that there arent that many whores around, but is it really intentional that you can work in a brothel even if the only brothel in your realm is lost somewhere?

dont know who built it, but i can work and visit without having it on the capital, and several of my courtiers are whoring themselves, even when there is no brothel anywhere nearby the capital nor any demesne province (they are adjacent to the capital)

edit: by the way, on code it checks if there is a brothel anywhere in your realm, when did that change happen?

I know people complain that there arent that many whores around, but is it really intentional that you can work in a brothel even if the only brothel in your realm is lost somewhere?

dont know who built it, but i can work and visit without having it on the capital, and several of my courtiers are whoring themselves, even when there is no brothel anywhere nearby the capital nor any demesne province (they are adjacent to the capital)

edit: by the way, on code it checks if there is a brothel anywhere in your realm, when did that change happen?

That's how it's been ever since I released it. The only issue though is the anywhere in the realm option should only trigger for the ruler and those who exist at that location (so if it's in a city, the person that runs the city and anyone in their court if they have anyone).

If you've a courtier that isn't a vassal and owning their own land where they've a brothel, then those courtiers should only be able to visit if it's one built in your capital.

oh dumb me if it was always like that.

but it doesnt seem to work that way, i still havent found the brothel (it is somewhere, i know, but with half the world conquered it, gets hard to find who built it)

backstory:

i started a byzantium game to try and get the SPQR, and forgot to turn off dark world (no offense meant, its just that it breaks games in stupid ways)

and only noticed that i hadnt turned it off after several really hard holy wars against the muslims (the abbassids found a way in, in every war), so i wasnt about to restart the game, so i just decided to check how much it would wreck the game.

i decided i wasnt going to build brothels nor any other building, so it didnt impact me nor my direct family that much.

after some time someone built a brothel, the heiresses around the empire started whoring, (that was probably my fault, as i educated all of them to be lustful, for reasons)

two generations later all exarchates were in civil wars, so was the empire, but the imperial war was from a legit bastard (legit as in i had seduced the mother with seduction focus, the guy wasnt legitimized)

year 900 arrived and jihads started, which pretty much ended my game, with no troops to speak off, years passed and jihads were called, and assassinations abound, by the end, i had 5 emperors assassinated within 2 years, and the last count of thrace, a kid less than a year old, died in a muslim prison, thus ending my game in a game over.

was it fault of DW? partially, unacknowledged bastards are a massive penalty from the mother, and said mothers were the most powerful vassals, who wanted a bit of vengeance.

after it all ended i loaded a save, and checked character by character, none of the whore-queens had any lover, and all of them had bastards, of the fathers none had the seduction focus, so i blame the brothel events for that amount of bastards.

on one part i must say it was hell and it made me hate the mod, for the other i must admit it was my own fault for not turning it off, but what i really did not like is that the brothel remains hidden somewhere, but the whole realm was affected by it.

edit: the mod is still awesome, for those games in which you are just trying to enjoy it without any fixed objective, or for those games in which you are actively going for the debauchery factor.

For anyone still considering General Inbreeding from the Paradox forums, it is compatible with DW and if you want the base version of General Inbreeding head to my post as it has fixed a few issues that involved inheriting either strong or weak since either would give imbecile instead.  I reposted it simply because it seems abandoned and I felt that problem needed to be fixed badly.  I have no further plans to alter it (like for DW traits) but General Inbreeding but I might look into an update for when the next batch of stuff Paradox dumps on us in possible patch form.  As I already said, the thing's abandoned as far as I can tell and seemed ripe for the patching.  Any further info will be posted in its own thread provided I get permission to work on it from the original author.

That is all.

on one part i must say it was hell and it made me hate the mod, for the other i must admit it was my own fault for not turning it off, but what i really did not like is that the brothel remains hidden somewhere, but the whole realm was affected by it.

edit: the mod is still awesome, for those games in which you are just trying to enjoy it without any fixed objective, or for those games in which you are actively going for the debauchery factor.

You've hit on the head exactly why I split mod parts up with DW Reborn. Some folks don't want everything chugging along at once, so they can pick and choose. It's too bad that you had a user error moment in progressing along in a game where you had the mod already active, but alas, I obviously can't stop folks from accidentally playing with it on for their more serious sessions.

A couple points - you keep mentioning that you were looking for the brothel, but if you recall, most of the 'brothel' buildings that get constructed are not called brothels, so you could be overlooking them if you're searching for that term specifically. Also, there is nothing that prevents the ai from building one, so it's not surprising that someone, somewhere within your game has built one or more.

haha found it!!! i found the hidden brothel!!! there was only 1 brothel in ALL the EMPIRE (with a size of 743) and it totally destoyed everything T.T  bwahahahahahahahahaha

i do propose that ruler gets trait lunatic if anyone in the realm builds a brothel!! it DOES make sense, i nearly lost my sanity there.

speaking of lunatic...

there is an event where you do outlaw prostitution, so any plans on making it work with DW? it would be a nice touch, albeit overly complicated and too much work.

Bwahahahahaha i FOUND IT!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

edit: if you do make the lunatic event of outlawing prostitution affect prostitution in DW, know that i will go lunatic half of the time, just so i can build brothels everywhere and then ban them from my realm.

edit2: shame, the lunatic event doesnt have such lunatic law, i think im going to make it so.

What governs how werewolves progress from just regular old wof to ancient wof? Codewise I mean.
I was messing around with it, and now suddenly everyone who had the werewolf trait is an ancient werewolf, including children.

Edit: it seems to have been an old error that I somehow fixed, but have no memory of fixing, and only noticed some of the after effects of now. vOv

Assassin and Tentacle are traits programmed in DW Reborn, but not currently set to be assigned (to my knowledge). If Kings of Vices and Slaves also has these traits, then it's likely those traits are appearing from that mod, rather than DW Reborn. If they aren't in KVS, then it's possible that KVS is somehow causing individuals to spawn/be born with these traits. To my knowledge, it's only possible for these traits to appear from DW Reborn via the command console. If there's a code in KVS to assign random traits, even traits from other mods currently active, then KVS is the culprit. If such a code does not exist in KVS, you've encountered a bug that is causing unintended consequences. This is assuming of course that the ONLY mods you're running are DW Reborn (not the original DW patched to work in conclave/ CK2 v 2.5.2), and an up to date version of KVS. Other mods might potentially also confuse the code and cause unintended spawn of tentacles/assassins.

Try starting a game with only KVS active and see if anyone appears with those traits. You could also go through the KVS mod files and see if the traits folder lists "Assassin" or "Tentacle". If not, then you eliminate KVS alone as causing the spawn of those traits. From there, run DW Reborn without KVS and see if those traits are appearing. They shouldn't be, due to the fact that while they're programmed in, they're not set to occur without the console. If they appear without the use of the console, then delete your DW Reborn mods, and reinstall them. That SHOULD fix the issue. If they don't appear, then run the game with both mods. If they still appear, then there's some sort of combined coding issue between the two. They shouldn't break the game, since the traits from DW Reborn haven't had any special programming assigned to them other than the trait itself. Make sure your KVS is up to date as well, since mods that aren't up to date with current game version can cause issues.

If anyone else thinks there might be another cause, please feel free to weigh in and correct my attempt to help.

Alright, so I've looked at the lilith decisions file, the core decisions file, and the lilith event file, I can see where an immortal AI character will choose to give up immortality (Core decisions). I can see where an AI character will choose to run the blood moon ritual. I'm just wondering where the code is that allows an AI character to choose to take immortality once they've done the requisite number of blood moon rituals. Or are the deciding factors for accepting/rejecting immortality the same as the factors for whether they run the blood moon ritual? This is just a curiousity on my part, after I looked at all 26 of my adult children I noticed only one of them went for blood moon rituals at all, the rest seem to not have the requisite zeal/ambition. That's what led me to looking for what makes them decide to run it in the first place, so I can see about making sure some of my children follow my footsteps on the path to immortality.