[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 31JAN2022

@dewguru any chance you would turn the traits that asdign the static portraits into character flags, so they don't actually show up in the character sheet? It's a little modification I could do myself if you would accept it, actually.

Anyway, looking forward to test the upcoming veraion as long as I can get the new version of CK2 to run on my machine.

@dewguru any chance you would turn the traits that asdign the static portraits into character flags, so they don't actually show up in the character sheet? It's a little modification I could do myself if you would accept it, actually.

Anyway, looking forward to test the upcoming veraion as long as I can get the new version of CK2 to run on my machine.

I'm using ReMeDy's system for the custom portraits and I've no intentions of altering his fine work, outside of using my own Dark World inspired custom portraits.

I'm using ReMeDy's system for the custom portraits and I've no intentions of altering his fine work, outside of using my own Dark World inspired custom portraits.

The trait being visible also makes it easier to manually add/remove ingame. :)

Can't wait.

heart.gif

i like it too,

i really hope there won't be any compatibility problems with the Arglwydd mod

Arglwydd mod?

It's a mod that involves mind control. Pretty interesting in my opinion.

Can't wait.

heart.gif

i like it too,

Arglwydd mod?

It's actually the mod that convinced me to finally pick up CK2 in the first place.  (Mind control is a long-standing kink of mine.)  You can get the most recent version here -- though registration to Hypnopics Collective may be required.  Brainwash your friends, foes, and family!  Have any woman you wish!  Command your enemies to give you their money, their technology, and their prettiest young girls, then drop dead!

:heart:

i like it too,

The Dark World Fairy Tales mod only requires the Dark World Core and should be very mod friendly. It'll also take advantage of the Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portraits Mod, but it's not a requirement (it'll just mean you've a trait that has no value for a person or two that the Fairy Tales mod may generate).

It's looking like really late Sunday if all goes well. Although I've guests tonight and I'm taking my wife out tomorrow for a nice Valentine's evening away from the kids.

If things don't go well, it'll be Monday since I've off from work that day.

And of course I'm talking about the release of the latest content.

It's extremely likely that the entire story won't be played out, but the way it's structured is to be more than a once-through story.

Right now there is only Beauty and the Beast.

You stop by one of the small villages on your way back to the castle and find it interesting.

You then have the ability to revisit the village every so often via your Intrigue menu.

The village has story elements and some minor non-story related options (like buying a new pair of comfortable shoes from the cobbler).

Some people can be invited to your court as lovers, and for those lovers, you'll be able to right-click and choose an action to "Spend time with" them, which I believe will help address some of the desires that folks have expressed. And if you take the lover as a spouse, the "Spend time with" option will still be there.

So that's why the full story portion may not be complete at initial release, it's because of those ideas I talked about that I'm putting in place to help make it more than a one and done type experience.

It's actually the mod that convinced me to finally pick up CK2 in the first place.  (Mind control is a long-standing kink of mine.)  You can get the most recent version here -- though registration to Hypnopics Collective may be required.  Brainwash your friends, foes, and family!  Have any woman you wish!  Command your enemies to give you their money, their technology, and their prettiest young girls, then drop dead!

It's also possible to enslave female rulers and force them to give you all their titles :angel:

yes it is not very balanced, don't expect much of a challenge if you use it

but it's fun playing an evil mindcontrolling viking warlord :D

back to dark world,

next week is totally fine,

i'll try to understand the council stuff in an unmodded game until then

Can't wait.

heart.gif

i like it too,

Arglwydd mod?

Sounds devious, I like it! Gonna check it out. 

Wish they'd upload it here.

Right now it's in sort of an awkward state -- the original creators of the mod haven't been heard from in months, and a fan who's adopted it and is making his own version is deep in the middle of that and is currently trying to find time to update it for Conclave.  I could mention the interest over there, but no idea how they'd feel trying to keep it up at two boards instead of one.

Can I get a tutorial on how to install this? I extracted both mods into the mod directory. I have both 2.5 and 2.6 selected but it crashes after I load a game as a new ruler. Is the Dark Mod not updated for the CK 2.5 patch? The only other mods I have are the 2 cheat menu mods from the workshop.

Version 1.25 is not updated for 2.5 patch (check page 3 of this thread for a patch for ck2 2.5 made by Neo5niper).  1.26 as of right now doesn't do much besides give breast and dick traits as it is the core mod for the new modular dark world. Only the core has been released as of right now for 1.26. 

Thats too bad.I guess ill wait until 2.5 gets updated for 2.5. Not really much point in downloading the core without the main mod.Ill check out that patch too.

After reading the readme I also see the mod requies Way of Life. Oh well. Guess itl be a while before I can use this mod since I dont have that dlc just yet.

Right now it's in sort of an awkward state -- the original creators of the mod haven't been heard from in months, and a fan who's adopted it and is making his own version is deep in the middle of that and is currently trying to find time to update it for Conclave.  I could mention the interest over there, but no idea how they'd feel trying to keep it up at two boards instead of one.

Shade88 follows dark world ;)