Wet and Cold items standalone?

ther1pper

So i keep hearing wet and cold is known to cause crashes which makes me want to stop using it, however the main reason i keep it now even when not using the snowy feature is because of the cloaks, face covers, etc. Is there a standalone mod for those?

Simple. Get TES5Edit and delete everything in the plugin, especially the Quests section, leave armors and armor addons, magic and object effects etc.

could i get instructions on how to do it so i don't screw up the first time. Which ones exactly?

So i keep hearing wet and cold is known to cause crashes which makes me want to stop using it, however the main reason i keep it now even when not using the snowy feature is because of the cloaks, face covers, etc. Is there a standalone mod for those?

I have to wonder what this is about, since I have been using Wet and Cold for a long time. None of the crashes I have had got directly associated with that mod.

I am using plenty of LL mods with full selection of survival mods. Only crashes in my game were due to too many NPCs in the cell, forcing mods (like Wet and Cold) to make too many variable checks there. Mods likeSlave Girls, Immersive Wenches, SkyTEST + extra NPCs here and there will naturally cause more work for mods - even if they would not be very script heavy on their own.

Cutting down the amount of extra NPCs and animals made my game stable again, without need to remove some of my favorite mods.

Could this be the reason in these crashes as well?

I have to wonder what this is about, since I have been using Wet and Cold for a long time. None of the crashes I have had got directly associated with that mod.

I am using plenty of LL mods with full selection of survival mods. Only crashes in my game were due to too many NPCs in the cell, forcing mods (like Wet and Cold) to make too many variable checks there. Mods likeSlave Girls, Immersive Wenches, SkyTEST + extra NPCs here and there will naturally cause more work for mods - even if they would not be very script heavy on their own.

Cutting down the amount of extra NPCs and animals made my game stable again, without need to remove some of my favorite mods.

Could this be the reason in these crashes as well?

well i tend to know the crash area's by heart

-Modified Towns like Riverwood, Roistead, Falkcreath(in general), Dragonsbirdge

-Area with lots of people

-Entering an area with a major battle.

In that case, Wet and Cold may well contribute to crashes.

I managed to pull trough Civil War Overhaul with Slave Girls, SLAR, Frostfall, Wet and Cold and similar stuff, but I had to remove SkyTweak and reduce the amount of characters from Immersive Wenches MCM over battles. Otherwise game went a mess, or just crashed to desktop.

There just were to many characters, poll events and variables for Papyrus to handle.

In that case, Wet and Cold may well contribute to crashes.

I managed to pull trough Civil War Overhaul with Slave Girls, SLAR, Frostfall, Wet and Cold and similar stuff, but I had to remove SkyTweak and reduce the amount of characters from Immersive Wenches MCM over battles. Otherwise game went a mess, or just crashed to desktop.

There just were to many characters, poll events and variables for Papyrus to handle.

i got a mod that adds random people as well as immerive patrols. Combine that with the 200 other mods i got, shit sometimes hits the fan. Although falkcreath likes to be a dick either way. The additional character mods are nice and certain town enhancements are nice, however only a few of them are actually useful. Ever used expanded cities, between JK's and Expanded cities, some are improved some are not, however JK's textures are a little too much. Or i just haven't figured out how to fully utilize texture mods, which may make me crash the most....i think. I don't know, i think people with lower end computers don't crash as much.

Archived