Lewd mods and XCOM 2

I didn't had to move the xcom2 mods folder to use them with WotC. I just had to click on the WotC icon from the xcom2 launcher and select the mods.

When a selected mod is imcompatible the game crash. You can select them one by one and try.

My "lewd" mods are still all in my xcom2 folders.

I've been playing the War of the Chosen for several hours now. First I'd like to start by saying it's friggin' wonderful. It's one of my best game purchases of the year (that and Agents of Mayhem).

There seems to be trouble finding some of the textures. For instance, all the nude leg/top mods work regardless of whether I leave them in the original directory or move them to the war of the chosen directory.

But most of the panty and boot textures no longer work. So we have a reduced list of working combinations for skimpy clothing but can still have nude outfits if you play around with which top/bottom/arm combinations to use.

So things are okay with regard to nude mods, just not as complete as before. However, it's totally worth getting this DLC. The enhancements to the game are superb.

Mods don't work with me at all. Tried official launcher, tried alternative. I can activate them, but the options just don't show up in the Customization Menu. Just confused since it seems to work for most of you. Anybody else can't get it to work?

It does seem to have trouble finding the mods at first. You could start clean and then just add the mods you most want to let it find those first, and then add mods a few at a time if you want them.

I did remove all mods which affect gameplay and stuck with cosmetic stuff, though.

Mods don't work with me at all. Tried official launcher, tried alternative. I can activate them, but the options just don't show up in the Customization Menu. Just confused since it seems to work for most of you. Anybody else can't get it to work?

It does seem to have trouble finding the mods at first. You could start clean and then just add the mods you most want to let it find those first, and then add mods a few at a time if you want them.

I did remove all mods which affect gameplay and stuck with cosmetic stuff, though.

I did start completely fresh, and for me finding the mods in the launcher wasn't a problem. They (only cosmetic mods) are all activated. They just don't show up in game. vanilla is fun enough though.

thx for the reply.

guys, need some help.

the official mod launcher won't load mods on here.

the alternate mod launcher (from Xpyke's mod index) won't launch WOTC

the other alternate mod launcher (also from the mod index) bugs me about the mods from here "not having proper workshop numbering" or something, but i didnt check if that launches WOTC

what do i do now?

I have the same problem. My guess is the game doesn't monitor the 'XComGame>Mods' folder anymore. There must be some new folder where we are supposed to put these mods but I don't know which.

EDIT: Problem Solved. This is the new folder for WOTC. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\XComGame\Mods"

Notice the additional subdirectory.

Is this the official solution? If yes I need to update the index, I don't have the DLC yet so I can't confirm myself.

I haven't seen this posted officially anywhere. Essentially WOTC has its directory and folder structure so that it is treated as a entirely new game by the steam client. Thus any XCOM mods you have stored in the old folder will not be transferred over. You will need to re-extract any mods you want to the WOTC mods folder.

Well, i did as petrified suggested, but the three problems are atill there

A lot of the mods on here are working perfectly for me. As in they work same as they did in Vanilla.

Try adding just these two mods for now:

1) Download a fresh copy the barebare mod by moomamy. Extract it so it is exactly like below

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\XComGame\Mods\Barebaremod

2) Now add the torso pack by Kexx and make sure it is exactly like below

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\XComGame\Mods\Torso_Pack

3) Make sure when you open those folders, you see the 'config', 'content', etc folders (no additional subdirectories).

Now run the game on the steam launcher and make sure you enable all mods.

I did start completely fresh, and for me finding the mods in the launcher wasn't a problem. They (only cosmetic mods) are all activated. They just don't show up in game. vanilla is fun enough though.

thx for the reply.

Solved:

Starting fresh was the Problem. I was so used to using WikusVanDerMerwe's Ini Hack, that I didn't consider having to change it for WotC again.

Basically, if you wan't to be able to customize even Rookies, you have to go to your 

XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\XComGame\Config

directory and open DefaultGameData.ini. There you have to change the entry 

VeteranSoldierRank=3

to

VeteranSoldierRank=0

Now I'm off to customize my ass off

@mike24 sorry will get those to you soontm they don't have breast/penis skeletons....for now, the xpac sdk has all the uncooked assets for the dlc, we can do torso physics now >: )

@everyone else, will stick up an update soontm whilst checking my workshop mods, things I compile in wotc workshop shows up invisible and any base x2 compiled ones are hit and miss in wotc.......not too sure I can justify using 180Gb of my harddisk to keep both sdks....

Just figured out a tip for people with troubles launching War of the Chosen.  If you're using mods from the Steam workshop that have both vanilla and WoTC versions, you need to unsubscribe from the vanilla version to prevent an automatic CTD on launch.  Not sure how applicable that'll be for the sorts of mods in this thread (which I love, btw!) but for people who had trouble getting to play the damn game it might be helpful.

Sup

Here's some stuff

attachicon.gif20170714154920_1.jpg

attachicon.gifKexxValk.zip

Thanks to Kexx, you guys are finally getting Fem-Archon tongue.png

This is Kexx's original Valkyrie from way back when (So no fancy bits), which I've merged with their newest version of the torso mesh, fixed any holes I could find in the mesh (that can be easily seen anyway), tried my best to get the darkness and colouration of the textures to fit the base game Archon.

I've set up the code to spawn the Fem-Archon as a variant of the normal Archon, nothing fancy, but she'll show up randomly through out gameplay.

This is obviously mostly Kexx's work so thanks should go to Kexx, I just get to release it :3

In light of that, I'll just throw in those lewd Stunlancers and Troopers from ages ago, I lost interest so those are the only 2 units, any only pantyless versions, cba to ask for permissions for panties :P

attachicon.gifMooUnitsAdvent.zip

This one is set up to replace all Stunlancers and Troopers, so there may be compatibility issues with other mods that replace archetypes.

Moo

Does the female Archon mod still work for WOTC?

so far most mods work. the mod for naked people on the ship needs update as eyes and hair comes out purple. the advent swtich to female naked bodies works fine. the archon one should work but might need updating to reflect new texture path probaly.

Sup

Here's some stuff

attachicon.gif20170714154920_1.jpg

attachicon.gifKexxValk.zip

Thanks to Kexx, you guys are finally getting Fem-Archon tongue.png

This is Kexx's original Valkyrie from way back when (So no fancy bits), which I've merged with their newest version of the torso mesh, fixed any holes I could find in the mesh (that can be easily seen anyway), tried my best to get the darkness and colouration of the textures to fit the base game Archon.

I've set up the code to spawn the Fem-Archon as a variant of the normal Archon, nothing fancy, but she'll show up randomly through out gameplay.

This is obviously mostly Kexx's work so thanks should go to Kexx, I just get to release it :3

In light of that, I'll just throw in those lewd Stunlancers and Troopers from ages ago, I lost interest so those are the only 2 units, any only pantyless versions, cba to ask for permissions for panties :P

attachicon.gifMooUnitsAdvent.zip

This one is set up to replace all Stunlancers and Troopers, so there may be compatibility issues with other mods that replace archetypes.

Moo

Does the female Archon mod still work for WOTC?

She works.

post-110401-0-72388800-1504212875_thumb.jpg

so far most mods work. the mod for naked people on the ship needs update as eyes and hair comes out purple. the advent swtich to female naked bodies works fine. the archon one should work but might need updating to reflect new texture path probaly.

I'm getting black armor texture on the Advent Female mod.