8 hours ago, Balgin said:

Yes there is. Go to your Skyrim installation folder then go into the data folder.

Skyrim/data/SKSE/Plugins/ypsFashion

There you can find all the hair database files. There is a master file, a directory file that tells you which hair mods it's using and then a separate file for each hair mod. There's also a file for any custom hairstyles you've registered but that's not listed.

The hair files are .sjon files so you can open them with notepad or any other text editor. Inside the file for a mod you'll see all the hairstyles listed and what lengths they are. Here's an example (it's the KS hairdos file):

Thank you so much

7 hours ago, joe_yawiki said:

Thank you so much

Would you like the additional files I've done? I've done both Dint's hair packs. I might have done something else as well. If you do add a new file for a new mod you also need to add it's name to the hair database file (also in the same folder) to make the mod read the file you've added. At some point I'm going to update the KS files to include the new hairstyles that were added in the last 2 or 3 mod updates.

3 hours ago, Balgin said:

Would you like the additional files I've done? I've done both Dint's hair packs. I might have done something else as well. If you do add a new file for a new mod you also need to add it's name to the hair database file (also in the same folder) to make the mod read the file you've added. At some point I'm going to update the KS files to include the new hairstyles that were added in the last 2 or 3 mod updates.

That's really nice. I would like to have as well. Thank you! TBH I don't know how much the KS hair chage since I didn't check the update for a long time. 

13 minutes ago, joe_yawiki said:

That's really nice. I would like to have as well. Thank you! TBH I don't know how much the KS hair chage since I didn't check the update for a long time. 

Okay. Let me see.....

Includes KS, KS hdt, Apachii hair, Apachii hair for females, H Hairstyles, Holiday Gift hairstyles (HG), Lovely hairstyles CE, MackKom Lore Hairstyles set, dint hair pack, dint hairpack 2, Merida hair, SC hairs, SC hairs Triss (only works for Triss race).

At some point I might do some more json files for a few other hair mods but these are the ones I have for now. I'd also like to update the KS, KS hdt & a few others at some point as well.

These all just go together in the same folder.

ypsFashionHairConfigFiles.zip

Edited by Balgin
3 hours ago, Eluchel said:

Hey Y'all, 

For the Dibella quest, I have gotten to the point where it says visit lena or ray. But when I go talk to either of them nothing happens. Do y'all know why?

You've reached the end of the current content for the Dibella quest. If Emily ever comes back and works on it again we may expect more as the quest was slowly becoming the centre of her work on the mod.

9 minutes ago, progamermoves said:

Okay so, the heel training part of the mod only works with devious devices heels and nothing else. Can anyone tell how to make it work with other heel mods?

Can't help much with so little information.

Make sure you have the appropriate supporting mods for your heels. 

There are 3 ways to make high heels in skyrim. The first is to shorten the legs of the character to make room for the heel.  NIoveride which comes with racemenu makes the character model float a few inches off the ground.  HDT highheels 'cast a spell' on your character in game to achieve a similar result.  

YPS detects either the NIoveride offset built into the heel model itself  or the HDT spell.  If you are using one of many oldfashion 'leg shortening' high heels then YPS won't detect them.

On 5/7/2021 at 1:01 PM, Silexflint said:

Ok i somehow managed to fix the issue. Now there is a new problem. I managed to reach to the ''find the priestress in Markarth'' quest. Unfortunately there is no quest marker. So i interviewed almost every person in that town without succes. Where to find that priestress?^^''

How did you fix the wizard.txt not working? SOMEHOW I got it working in the past and now I can't get it working... doesn't show up on mcm at all anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2022 at 12:32 PM, Balgin said:

Okay. Let me see.....

Includes KS, KS hdt, Apachii hair, Apachii hair for females, H Hairstyles, Holiday Gift hairstyles (HG), Lovely hairstyles CE, MackKom Lore Hairstyles set, dint hair pack, dint hairpack 2, Merida hair, SC hairs, SC hairs Triss (only works for Triss race).

At some point I might do some more json files for a few other hair mods but these are the ones I have for now. I'd also like to update the KS, KS hdt & a few others at some point as well.

These all just go together in the same folder.

ypsFashionHairConfigFiles.zip 22.66 kB · 25 downloads

Does your list have the newest 1.9 KS Hairdos - Renewal hairstyles available?
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68311

4 hours ago, Pyreliter said:

Does your list have the newest 1.9 KS Hairdos - Renewal hairstyles available?
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68311

No it does not yet but it shall. I became of the 1.9 update the day before yesterday and decided to update my list soon. By soon I mean within the next few days. When I do, I'll post a new file here in this thread. The current list in my previous post was circa version 1.7 but it wasn't complete. I should probably get to work on that soon.

The updated hair file is taking longer than expected. I'm going through it slowly adding every new hair model since KS 1.5. I'm checking most lengths in game to see which categories they should be in so all that alt tabbing is slowing me down somewhat.

Ladies and Gentlemen I proudly present my complete KS hairdos json file for YPS. I've gone through and added every single new hairstyle that was added in versions 1.5 to 1.9. I also added some styles from earlier versions which had been left out (although I might have missed some earlier styles because the KS main page doesn't have the images displaying contents of those patches any more).

Dreadlocks are under the Permed section because they last a long time and just in case you want to have "may not cut permed hair" turned on in the MCM. When it came to buns, sometimes they're in the Ponytail section, sometimes they're in the braided section. It all depends on the complexity of the bun (braided buns and complex ones tend to be braids, ones with hanging sections or just generally looser tend to be ponytails). When calculating length for ponytails & braids there was a lot of autistic measuring and calculation although I did not account for braids shortening the overall length of the hair and treated them as if they were loose straight sections. For hairstyles with shaved sides (or just one shaved side) I have generally treated them as mohawks with one or two that have been treated as normal hairstyles for legacy reasons (previous versions of the mod) or because they were close enough to those legacy styles to get similar treatment. I know that Emily wanted to include shaved side hairstyles similar to buzzed napes but never got around to it (probably because of a lack of consistency regarding which side is shaved throughout the various styles and the complexity of tracking & restricting them). I have been very tempted to treat the shaved sides styles as buzzed nape cuts but wasn't sure people would understand the logic behind such a decision. When some chin to neck length styles looked neat and trim enough to be buzzed nape style I added them with both straight & buzzed nape options so that people can choose how they'd like to treat those styles. It would be nice to have buzzed nape styles available at other lengths (to accommodate shaved sides) but that just isn't possible.

The sheer amount of hairstyles added mean that certain lengths (I'm looking at you "10st" & "11st" (bra strap length & mid back length) are extremely bloated so you might want to ask the stylist to display styles first or use the catalogue before making a decision you might regret.

Finally, while I've been pretty thorough it's entirely possible I might have missed a style or two. If you have a favourite style and don't seem to be able to find it then please let me know here and I'll either let you know what style & length it is or realise I haven't added it and upload an updated file.

Happy hair times. I hope you all enjoy it.

KS Hairdo's.esp.json

On 4/5/2022 at 6:01 AM, Balgin said:

Ladies and Gentlemen I proudly present my complete KS hairdos json file for YPS. I've gone through and added every single new hairstyle that was added in versions 1.5 to 1.9. I also added some styles from earlier versions which had been left out (although I might have missed some earlier styles because the KS main page doesn't have the images displaying contents of those patches any more).

Dreadlocks are under the Permed section because they last a long time and just in case you want to have "may not cut permed hair" turned on in the MCM. When it came to buns, sometimes they're in the Ponytail section, sometimes they're in the braided section. It all depends on the complexity of the bun (braided buns and complex ones tend to be braids, ones with hanging sections or just generally looser tend to be ponytails). When calculating length for ponytails & braids there was a lot of autistic measuring and calculation although I did not account for braids shortening the overall length of the hair and treated them as if they were loose straight sections. For hairstyles with shaved sides (or just one shaved side) I have generally treated them as mohawks with one or two that have been treated as normal hairstyles for legacy reasons (previous versions of the mod) or because they were close enough to those legacy styles to get similar treatment. I know that Emily wanted to include shaved side hairstyles similar to buzzed napes but never got around to it (probably because of a lack of consistency regarding which side is shaved throughout the various styles and the complexity of tracking & restricting them). I have been very tempted to treat the shaved sides styles as buzzed nape cuts but wasn't sure people would understand the logic behind such a decision. When some chin to neck length styles looked neat and trim enough to be buzzed nape style I added them with both straight & buzzed nape options so that people can choose how they'd like to treat those styles. It would be nice to have buzzed nape styles available at other lengths (to accommodate shaved sides) but that just isn't possible.

The sheer amount of hairstyles added mean that certain lengths (I'm looking at you "10st" & "11st" (bra strap length & mid back length) are extremely bloated so you might want to ask the stylist to display styles first or use the catalogue before making a decision you might regret.

Finally, while I've been pretty thorough it's entirely possible I might have missed a style or two. If you have a favourite style and don't seem to be able to find it then please let me know here and I'll either let you know what style & length it is or realise I haven't added it and upload an updated file.

Happy hair times. I hope you all enjoy it.

KS Hairdo's.esp.json 14.18 kB · 6 downloads

Awesome!

really thx for your work!

i'm sorry for my bad english.

i have 2 questions.

1. in SE version, i don't need stockimg mods or body hair mods or pubic hair mods because they are in sound and texture file, right?

2. and is there any way to use this lovely mod in UUNP (or BHUNP) body?

1 hour ago, gmo2mob said:

1. in SE version, i don't need stockimg mods or body hair mods or pubic hair mods because they are in sound and texture file, right?

First off, this is the thread for the LE version. You need the SE version linked in the first post. Secondly, the sound and texture file only has piercings, pubic hair, armpit hair, makeup, and various items. You need to have the "Equipable Stockings" mod installed for stockings, "SOS Pubic Hair for Females" for 3D pubic hair, and "Nordic Warmaiden Body Hair" for more armpit hair options.

1 hour ago, gmo2mob said:

2. and is there any way to use this lovely mod in UUNP (or BHUNP) body?

I'm not using a UNP-based body in SE, but I assume you'd need to download the UNP patch from this file and run it through CAO.

11 hours ago, chaimhewast said:

First off, this is the thread for the LE version. You need the SE version linked in the first post. Secondly, the sound and texture file only has piercings, pubic hair, armpit hair, makeup, and various items. You need to have the "Equipable Stockings" mod installed for stockings, "SOS Pubic Hair for Females" for 3D pubic hair, and "Nordic Warmaiden Body Hair" for more armpit hair options.

I'm not using a UNP-based body in SE, but I assume you'd need to download the UNP patch from this file and run it through CAO.

thx a lot!

i thoought this is SE thread...i confused^^;

by the way, what is CAO?

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, as the it stands now, the mod is broken in Skyrim: Special Edition (Skyrim SE). It should not be used, and the download should be removed or changed to "Alpha". The mod works in basic form in standard original-release Skyrim, but the hairdresser hair change scene, a large part of the mod, continues to fail, no matter what settings are used. This mod cannot be recommended at this time, for these reasons. I hope things get fixed, even if by a community member.

3 hours ago, anonymous515 said:

Unfortunately, as the it stands now, the mod is broken in Skyrim: Special Edition (Skyrim SE). It should not be used, and the download should be removed or changed to "Alpha". The mod works in basic form in standard original-release Skyrim, but the hairdresser hair change scene, a large part of the mod, continues to fail, no matter what settings are used. This mod cannot be recommended at this time, for these reasons. I hope things get fixed, even if by a community member.

Perhaps you should consider posting that in the SE thread.

SE thread link.

Are you sure you downloaded the SE version of the mod and not the LE version?

5 hours ago, Balgin said:

Perhaps you should consider posting that in the SE thread.

SE thread link.

Are you sure you downloaded the SE version of the mod and not the LE version?

Both the standard and SE versions of the mod are broken. The standard version is broken less, but still has at least one significant bug in its main storyline as mentioned above. Which really sucks seeing as how not only are both versions bugged, but emily1673 has moved on from the mod before its completion. I hope someone fixes it.

4 hours ago, anonymous515 said:

Both the standard and SE versions of the mod are broken. The standard version is broken less, but still has at least one significant bug in its main storyline as mentioned above. Which really sucks seeing as how not only are both versions bugged, but emily1673 has moved on from the mod before its completion. I hope someone fixes it.

I don't see you mentioning any bug with the main storyline. The only major issue with the main storyline is that it has not been completed. There are some other issues. Currently I've got hairdresser stuff working on LE. Pity it's not working for you on SE. It is unfortunate that Emily seems to have departed from the mod.

1 hour ago, asdj1239 said:

Does anyone know how this mod detects piercings from other mods? Is it just based on the slot that the piercing occupies, or is it looking at keywords or some other property of the item?

It absolutely does. It depends on which slots are used and which keywords the items have and it tries to detect item names that might be piercings as well. That being said, some recent piercing mods do not get detected but most of the popular ones do.