51 minutes ago, Marg597 said:

Hmm...  How many mods (esp plugins) do you have enabled, are you over 255 plugins?

For me the mod will start up during the initial character creation, so I'm not sure what would cause this.  Too many plugins, or missing requirements would be the first 2 things I'd think of.

Edit: There's also a default limit of 128 menus that can show up in MCM under SkyUI but I think there's a way to expand that (maybe)

I don't have THAT many mods. And atleast MCM registers only about 30-35 menus. And I do think the mod is working, since my character stumbles a bit in her heels. Either that, or it's a different mod that's doing that.

1 hour ago, James_E_C said:

I don't have THAT many mods. And atleast MCM registers only about 30-35 menus. And I do think the mod is working, since my character stumbles a bit in her heels. Either that, or it's a different mod that's doing that.

Sexlab Survival's bikini curse can cause a stumble effect if heels are checked and it doesn't recognize your shoes as heels.  There may be others that do that type of thing.  So you don't get any prompt about whether to let the mod control your hair I am guessing?  Can you post your load order in a spoiler tag?  I have no idea what would cause this not to show up, I went back 20 pages earlier and searched and I don't see anyone having this problem but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.  I've seen it happen with other mods though, so I'm basically just going off of that.  There's also a command that forces the MCM to update if you hit ~ and type this and hit enter, then hit ~ again to exit the console and wait a few seconds.  This is supposed to remove old entries and check for new entries for MCM.

setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

Here's my load order.

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     SexLab.esm
  6  6     SexLabAroused.esm
  7  7     Devious Devices - Assets.esm
  8  8     Forgotten DungeonsAll.esp
  9  9     ZaZAnimationPack.esm
 10  a     Devious Devices - Integration.esm
 11  b     BeeingFemale.esm
 12  c     Amputator.esm
 13  d     Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
 14  e     Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
 15  f     HighResTexturePack01.esp
 16 10     HighResTexturePack02.esp
 17 11     HighResTexturePack03.esp
 18 12     Vampire Lord Serana Fixed.esp
 19 13     SkyUI.esp
 20 14     FNIS.esp
 21 15     BeeingFemale.esp
 22 16     EstrusChaurus.esp
 23 17     SlaveTats.esp
 24 18     SD Cages.esp
 25 19     troublesofheroine.esp
 26 1a     BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp
 27 1b     AliciaPainSlut.esp
 28 1c     MilkModNEW.esp
 29 1d     bac.esp
 30 1e     Public Whore.esp
 31 1f     troublesofheroineDB.esp
 32 20     MilkMod_MilkPumpsBasic.esp
 33 21     SimpleSlavery.esp
 34 22     Marriable Serana.esp
 35 23     troublesofheroineDG.esp
 36 24     dcc-dm2.esp
 37 25     Corruption.esp
 38 26     Corruption - DLC Patch.esp
 39 27     submissivelola_est.esp
 40 28     kal_LolaAddon.esp
 41 29     SexLab_Hormones.esp
 42 2a     portal2mod.esp
 43 2b     SD Cages - Forgotten Dungeons Patch.esp
 44 2c     RewardYourFollowers.esp
 45 2d     itgrows.esp
 46 2e     SlaveTatsEventsBridge.esp
 47 2f     RaceMenu.esp
 48 30     RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 49 31     MilkModNEW CF.esp
 50 32     MilkModNEW HF.esp
 51 33     UIExtensions.esp
 52 34     SOS - Hormones UNP Addon.esp
 53 35     Marriable Serana HF.esp
 54 36     CP_Elsie.esp
 55 37     Jugs.esp
 56 38     SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
 57 39     Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
 58 3a     SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
 59 3b     SOS - No Futanari Schlong - Addon.esp
 60 3c     Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp
 61 3d     SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution.esp
 62 3e     SerialStrip.esp
 63 3f     SerialStripper.esp
 64 40     XPMSE.esp
 65 41     SOSRaceMenu.esp
 66 42     myCynthia.esp
 67 43     myConsensual.esp
 68 44     mySCSFemale.esp
 69 45     Ion_follower.esp
 70 46     Twins.esp
 71 47     EquipableStockings.esp
 72 48     Devious Chastity Piercing.esp
 73 49     KS Hairdo's.esp
 74 4a     NIOVHH.esp
 75 4b     yps-ImmersivePiercing.esp
 76 4c     Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
 77 4d     pchsWartimes.esp

15 minutes ago, James_E_C said:

Here's my load order.

Reveal hidden contents

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     SexLab.esm
 12  c     Amputator.esm
 19 13     SkyUI.esp
 20 14     FNIS.esp
 23 17     SlaveTats.esp
 24 18     SD Cages.esp
 28 1c     MilkModNEW.esp
 29 1d     bac.esp
 36 24     dcc-dm2.esp
 37 25     Corruption.esp
 42 2a     portal2mod.esp
 45 2d     itgrows.esp
 47 2f     RaceMenu.esp
 54 36     CP_Elsie.esp
 55 37     Jugs.esp
 64 40     XPMSE.esp
 66 42     myCynthia.esp
 70 46     Twins.esp
 74 4a     NIOVHH.esp

Nothing is really jumping out as a cause.  One thing I noticed is you have NIOVHH Fixes installed, I haven't tried that one myself but just to make sure you don't also have NetImmerse Override itself installed as well, because it doesn't have an esp so I can't tell, but it's covered under Racemenu now.  I couldn't say if something like that would block the YPS mod from initializing though. 

The only other thing I can think of, is try disabling everything except YPS and the things it needs to run, start a new game, see if it shows up.  Because if that doesn't work, maybe you need to delete YPS and reinstall it per the instructions on the download page.

2 hours ago, James_E_C said:

Here's my load order.

Reveal hidden contents

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     SexLab.esm
 12  c     Amputator.esm
 19 13     SkyUI.esp
 20 14     FNIS.esp
 23 17     SlaveTats.esp
 24 18     SD Cages.esp
 28 1c     MilkModNEW.esp
 29 1d     bac.esp
 36 24     dcc-dm2.esp
 37 25     Corruption.esp
 42 2a     portal2mod.esp
 45 2d     itgrows.esp
 47 2f     RaceMenu.esp
 54 36     CP_Elsie.esp
 55 37     Jugs.esp
 64 40     XPMSE.esp
 66 42     myCynthia.esp
 70 46     Twins.esp
 74 4a     NIOVHH.esp

Looking at the list I notice that two of the mods I've got YPS set to load after are absent. Devious Deviants.esm and hdtHighHeel.esm. 

There are also some mods that need to be lower than YPS (such as SexLab_Hormones which absolutely needs to be below YPS in the load order). Hormones also needs to be after slavetats event bridge, not before it.

Beyond that I'm not sure what other tweaks you need to make but I hope that helps. Sometimes to get a new mod's mcm to show up you need to open up any other mod's mcm, wait about 20 seconds, then close the mcm menu completely, go back to the main game and wait for the mcm list to refresh then the new one should reappear.

Edited by Balgin
4 minutes ago, James_E_C said:

I think I possibly figured out what the problem is. Unlike my other mods, there's only the .esp file. I can't seem to find the .bsa or .bsl file (if there is one) in the download.

ya there should be a scripts folder, SEQ and SKSE folders also (for full version anyway) may as well double check that you have sound and texture pack with meshes sound and textures folders also.  Sounds like at the very least you will need to reinstall the main YPS mod.

9 minutes ago, Marg597 said:

ya there should be a scripts folder, SEQ and SKSE folders also (for full version anyway) may as well double check that you have sound and texture pack with meshes sound and textures folders also.  Sounds like at the very least you will need to reinstall the main YPS mod.

There's the files in the .Zip file, but NMM doesn't seem to install them, and I don't want to overwrite the SKSE and Script folder that's already in my Skyrim Data folder. How would I add the YPS SEQ, SKSE, and Script folders without overwriting the current files?

12 minutes ago, James_E_C said:

There's the files in the .Zip file, but NMM doesn't seem to install them, and I don't want to overwrite the SKSE and Script folder that's already in my Skyrim Data folder. How would I add the YPS SEQ, SKSE, and Script folders without overwriting the current files?

You should never copy anything into your actual game folder (unless you are installing SKSE for the first time, or installing an ENB or Crash Fixes).  Did you try installing it with the mod manager?  I don't use NMM so I can't test it.  There should be what's called a "FOMOD" BAIN installer that runs and then you pick which hair mod presets you run (I don't remember exactly, but there's info in this thread back a few pages) Edit: Found my screenshot, the installer should look like this

Edited by Marg597

Turns out that I missed the folder that was installed with it (the 00 Base (Required) one. aside from one file, it had nothing in it, so I tried copying all the files from the ZIP to the folder and subfolder, but that didn't work, still no YOS MCM menu (and the high heel thing I mentioned a few posts ago may actually be from another mod, since the note for the Diblla quest doesn't spawn in Winterhold). I really do thing the problem is I'm missing a .bsa file.

7 minutes ago, James_E_C said:

Turns out that I missed the folder that was installed with it (the 00 Base (Required) one. aside from one file, it had nothing in it, so I tried copying all the files from the ZIP to the folder and subfolder, but that didn't work, still no YOS MCM menu (and the high heel thing I mentioned a few posts ago may actually be from another mod, since the note for the Diblla quest doesn't spawn in Winterhold). I really do thing the problem is I'm missing a .bsa file.

This mod does not use a bsa file.  .bsa files are just an archive that Skyrim can read, it's sort of like a .zip file in that regard, it allows a mod author to package up all the folders and files the mod needs and put them into an archive called something.bsa which compresses the files a bit.  Not all mods use .bsa files.  The ones that do not, the files are considered to be "loose" files.  "Loose" files take precedence over a .bsa archive.  So for example, if you have a mod that has an esp and a bsa, and you modify a script for that mod, you could put a folder in the mod folder called \scripts\scriptname.pex and it would take precedence over the script that is in the bsa file.

That might have been too much info, but the point is, this mod doesn't have a bsa file.  It just has "loose" files which are contained in the 3 folders.  if the BAIN installer is not running properly, and it's not putting all the files into the right places, then no, you wont have an MCM, the quests won't start (because the quests need the scripts folder to be working properly) etc. etc.

20 hours ago, Marg597 said:

You should never copy anything into your actual game folder (unless you are installing SKSE for the first time, or installing an ENB or Crash Fixes).  Did you try installing it with the mod manager?  I don't use NMM so I can't test it.  There should be what's called a "FOMOD" BAIN installer that runs and then you pick which hair mod presets you run (I don't remember exactly, but there's info in this thread back a few pages) Edit: Found my screenshot, the installer should look like this

I use NMM, because that's the one I've used to install all of my other mods. And I haven't seen a BAIN installer. Maybe NMM isn't installing it, because when I run FNIS, YPS doesn't show up as one of the mods.

30 minutes ago, James_E_C said:

Question about the mod. Does the mod introduce Lena Golvo as a new NPC? Because if it does, then maybe that helps narrow the problem down. She's in my game, but there's no MCM for YPS. If that helps/

Ya, she's at the mages college right?  Her info is in the ESP, so if you have that enabled it makes sense that you can see certain things.  Are you trying to use "yps-ImmersiveFashion(6.2) repackaged"?

I just did a test, I downloaded Nexus Mod Manager, and I let it update, and then I tried installing the mod, and I don't get the BAIN installer either.  But I looked back a few pages and it seems like there are folks using NMM and running YPS.  So, unfortunately I have no answer for why this doesn't work other than it being an issue with installing it via NMM somehow.

Edit:

Here's what the folder looks like after installing the mod, does it look like this for you as well?  Because it seems like NMM is just dumping the contents of the zip file into this folder and ignoring the BAIN installer.  I've no idea how to get it to not do this.  I can't test beyond this right now, maybe someone that runs YPS and NMM can help sort it out. 

nmm.png

Edited by Marg597
added Screenshot
3 hours ago, Marg597 said:

Ya, she's at the mages college right?  Her info is in the ESP, so if you have that enabled it makes sense that you can see certain things.  Are you trying to use "yps-ImmersiveFashion(6.2) repackaged"?

I just did a test, I downloaded Nexus Mod Manager, and I let it update, and then I tried installing the mod, and I don't get the BAIN installer either.  But I looked back a few pages and it seems like there are folks using NMM and running YPS.  So, unfortunately I have no answer for why this doesn't work other than it being an issue with installing it via NMM somehow.

Edit:

Here's what the folder looks like after installing the mod, does it look like this for you as well?  Because it seems like NMM is just dumping the contents of the zip file into this folder and ignoring the BAIN installer.  I've no idea how to get it to not do this.  I can't test beyond this right now, maybe someone that runs YPS and NMM can help sort it out. 

nmm.png

I am using the "yps-ImmersiveFashion(6.2) repackaged" version. Or atleast trying to. It's no where near as bad as trying to get Paradise Halls working thoush.

As far as the data folder goes, sort of. The folders are there (except I have a lot more mods), but not the InfanView JPG files. I've also been doing a bit more in Skyrim, and it seems like the mod is about half installed. The note and Lena Golvo are there, but Lena Golvo has no dialogue (aside from dialogue introduced by other mods), so the sex change quest doesn't occur. Haven't gotten to Riften yet, so I haven't had a chance to check out your Chasity Piercing Quest (on that note, does it work if you've already had sex, and even given birth?). I haven't seen any of the lipstick or other makeup items (but again, I haven't gotten to Solitude, so far been busy with other mods around Whiterun). The Girl Talk function doesn't work. I really do thing the "tripping over my heels" is part of YPS, since that's the only thing I think that could do it (unless the Devious Devices and Wartimes has that as well).

Got a quick question about mod compatibility while I'm here. How does ItGrows interact with the pubic hair growth of your mod (assuming it interacts with it at all)?

Edited by James_E_C

I am using the "yps-ImmersiveFashion(6.2) repackaged" version. Or atleast trying to. It's no where near as bad as trying to get Paradise Halls working thoush.

As far as the data folder goes, sort of. The folders are there (except I have a lot more mods), but not the InfanView JPG files. I've also been doing a bit more in Skyrim, and it seems like the mod is about half installed. The note and Lena Golvo are there, but Lena Golvo has no dialogue (aside from dialogue introduced by other mods), so the sex change quest doesn't occur. Haven't gotten to Riften yet, so I haven't had a chance to check out your Chasity Piercing Quest (on that note, does it work if you've already had sex, and even given birth?). I haven't seen any of the lipstick or other makeup items (but again, I haven't gotten to Solitude, so far been busy with other mods around Whiterun). The Girl Talk function doesn't work. I really do thing the "tripping over my heels" is part of YPS, since that's the only thing I think that could do it (unless the Devious Devices and Wartimes has that as well).

Got a quick question about mod compatibility while I'm here. How does ItGrows interact with the pubic hair growth of your mod (assuming it interacts with it at all)?

Ya I don't know if I would continue a play through with a half installed mod to be honest.  I mean, I don't think it would break your save game, since the scripts might not be active, but it's not something I would risk.  Honestly, my suggestion is to try and use Vortex or Mod Organizer 2.  It's just that Nexus Mod Manager is deprecated, and doesn't have as much support.  There are those that are adamant that NMM is still fine to use, and I'm sure it is, but I had a far better experience with MO2 myself.  I know it's a bit of an undertaking to switch mod managers, you'd pretty much need to watch some videos and read tutorials to get a good grasp on it first, but you might have a better experience in the long run as far as support goes.  And perhaps someone will stop by and provide better insight on fixing it before you go through that process.

Also, just to be clear, YPS is Emily's mod and she is not currently around.  I doubt the piercing quest would work if you don't have the mod fully installed.  I'm not well versed on what all the scripts do for YPS but I'm pretty sure it will be mostly unplayable.  You're better off uninstalling it and starting a new save game or using a different mod manager.  The main reason you should start a new save game if you uninstall it, is there's things that can get "baked in" to a save, so even removing it and moving forward with the same save could be a problem.  Edit: also there are cell edits in this mod, which are in the esp file, so it might get real weird if you remove it and keep going.

I wish I could help figure this out, but I just don't have much experience with NMM and don't have the brain bandwidth to sus this out much further.  But if I think of something I'll let you know.  There's other people that watch this thread, and perhaps someone can offer more insight as to why there is an install issue with NMM.  As I said earlier, I'm pretty sure it can work with NMM but maybe we're just missing something.

Edit2:  You could also try the "lite" version or an older version of the mod to see if it properly installs, but Emily added a bunch to that sex change quest in the later versions so you wouldn't have as much content but at least you could see if it works and have other stuff.

Edited by Marg597
  • 2 weeks later...

I've finally figured out why the BAIN installer isn't working. If you don't have Wyre Bash installed then the installer for YPS will throw an error and cancel the proper installation. Go into wizard.txt and remove the line that says: 

If CompareWBVersion(304) < 0
    Cancel "Wrye Bash outdated outdated.\nPlease update to the latest version before installing this mod."
EndIf

...then save the document. Attempt to reinstall with your preferred mod organizer and it should work as intended, if I'm not mistaken.

On 9/1/2021 at 10:00 PM, James_E_C said:

Heya, check that post Doobybob just posted above, maybe that will fix your install issue.

It's not an install issue, it's a use issue. It installs fine, just in game it doesn't seem to be completed. As I said, it doesn't show up in MCM and Lena Golvo is in Winterhold, but has no dialogue. I did a bit more in game, and girl talk doesn't work (or maybe I'm talking to the wrong girls), the make up is in The White Phial (along with the hairdresser, and I can actually interact with her, if I remember correctly, gave up because of the constant crashing and endless load times and have gone back to the CK series).

6 hours ago, James_E_C said:

It's not an install issue, it's a use issue. It installs fine, just in game it doesn't seem to be completed. As I said, it doesn't show up in MCM and Lena Golvo is in Winterhold, but has no dialogue. I did a bit more in game, and girl talk doesn't work (or maybe I'm talking to the wrong girls), the make up is in The White Phial (along with the hairdresser, and I can actually interact with her, if I remember correctly, gave up because of the constant crashing and endless load times and have gone back to the CK series).

Are you using a new save or a save that existed before you installed the mod? Lena tends to have no dialogue options in existing saves or older saves but she works in new saves. I did manage to get one very old save working by using Save Cleaner on it (can't remember how or why but it eventually worked). Generally the girl talk should work with almost everyone even on old saves.

For constant crashing go into the hair section of the MCM and turn off frequent hair checks. That will drastically reduce the script load on the game and reduce crashing a lot. If you're using a lot of other script heavy mods that could be causing crashes too.

Just tried with a new game (2 actually). No MCM menu, no Lena dialogue, no note in Riften.

Did you try removing the 2 lines from wizard.txt as Doobybob stated above?  Because I really do think it's an install issue.  You aren't getting an MCM, and half the mod doesn't work, tells me stuff is missing because it didn't get put where it was supposed to by the mod manager during the install process.  If you uninstall the mod, remove those lines, and then install the mod again it just might fix it. 

Just tried with a new game (2 actually). No MCM menu, no Lena dialogue, no note in Riften.

Okay. Something's definitely wrong then. It might be a load order thing. You'll want to ensure that YPS is loaded after all it's required mods (devious deviants, devious devices-assets, devious devices-expansion, highHeelHDT & Sexlab). You'll also want to make sure it's loaded after any mods that change the interior areas it uses (or changes the cities it uses). I'm not sure why the note isn't showing up in Riften. It's placed in an awkward location that's easy to miss. It's on the table between the small keg and the shelf full of bottles.

20210917151629_1.jpg.918de7bf43dea3c94d4db305b5144431.jpg

20210917151637_1.jpg.313fd3c3d48f4e00bbac29c7a309ec2e.jpg