Trying to learn how to use nifskope and outfit studio need help.

Jon82

I'm trying to expand my skills and could use some help. I was trying to use outfit studio and nifskope (I've never used either before) in order to use this mod. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7567/?  I

I was following the this tutorial http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3kllrs_gandolftw-dress-tutorial_lifestyle

and I seemed to be doing fine till I got to nifskope. When I opened up the nif in nifskope this is what I get. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

post-946029-0-26458800-1452656260_thumb.jpg

Did you set the resource path in nifscope?

At the top click on options, in the drop down click on settings...

in the pop up window on the left click on resources

In the center is where nifscope will pull textures from in the tab named "Paths"

if you installed the game normally you can go over to the right side and click the "Auto Detect Game Paths"

It will look for a couple of games (Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4; Skyrim, and a couple of other Bethesda games).

Most should be in the blablabla\steam\SteamApps\Common\ game name here.

From there Nifscope can figure out the texture and mesh paths.

If you have multiple Bethesda games installed  then I'ld suggest moving the one you are working on to the top of the resource path list.

And other then textures not showing the image you have is off the FeatherDress (aka Irma Dress) so you have most of it...

Did you set the resource path in nifscope?

At the top click on options, in the drop down click on settings...

in the pop up window on the left click on resources

In the center is where nifscope will pull textures from in the tab named "Paths"

if you installed the game normally you can go over to the right side and click the "Auto Detect Game Paths"

It will look for a couple of games (Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4; Skyrim, and a couple of other Bethesda games).

Most should be in the blablabla\steam\SteamApps\Common\ game name here.

From there Nifscope can figure out the texture and mesh paths.

If you have multiple Bethesda games installed  then I'ld suggest moving the one you are working on to the top of the resource path list.

And other then textures not showing the image you have is off the FeatherDress (aka Irma Dress) so you have most of it...

Perfect! Thank you it worked!!!! *does happy dance and laughs at it being so simple* ;)

Archived