Good Settlement locations

Anybody know any great settlements for making great bases as im still in Sanctuary and The Castle. Most of the other settelments I have found suck as there dead things all over the place x(

Guest MonsterFish

If you're looking for a place to build, Starlight Drive-In is the go to place for most people since it's nice and flat. Spectacle Island is huge and pretty but bumpy as fuck so expect hover-houses and hover-walls, it's also full of high level Mirelurks which suddenly aren't pushovers themselves.

As for resources, who gives a shit? Settlements are pretty useless since you don't get anything back, you will OCASSIONALLY get caps, water or food. You may as well just be creative and make cool buildings. If you want to get a resource settlement since you do get things back however little and getting things like a purified water settlement is too much work for its worth. Warwick homestead is the best place for crops though theres' barely enough space to put water purifiers down despite it being right next to the sea (Thanks Bethesda). Graygarden is also good for crops but again, no water. The best place for a water settlement is probably Sanctuary.

I was pretty amazed how much room Abernathy Farm offers. It's on a gradual slope, but nothing you can't fix with a couple of concrete foundation blocks.

At the robot place (Graygarden I think?) you can also go up the highway above the glasshouse, and build there. I never put much there myself, except a few turrets, but you can build some stuff up there.

Jamaica Plain is an interesting place. It has a feral ghoul problem to start with and I've had some wandering enemies to deal with but it is a surprisingly defensible area. Basically it's an alley with an exposed empty lot. I built up 3 levels and my turrets cover every approach.  

If you're looking for a place to build, Starlight Drive-In is the go to place for most people since it's nice and flat. Spectacle Island is huge and pretty but bumpy as fuck so expect hover-houses and hover-walls, it's also full of high level Mirelurks which suddenly aren't pushovers themselves.

Just build foundations. It's the way to go. Without foundations I had floating housing and structures at Starlight as well.

settlements= waist of time, it have nothing to offer, it would be good if they had made it so that those settlers did something usefull (something like the castle), like building up the f place, instead of those idiots in sanc that hammer for weeks on the same spot while nothing happens, but who knows maybe in time some 1 make a mod that fix the shit bet made

Oh, I very much would like the option for restoration works, especially as a job to assign settlers to. Right now, the only meaningful thing to do for our settlers is farming food and scavenging for resources (by assigning them to the scavenging workshop, I'm sure some people missed that option).

If you're after some special equipment, you could build one of each store, but really only 1 of each, so only 1 settlement would need to have them. Some people buy more of them to earn more bottlecaps, but I've never been really short on bottlecaps anyway.

I'll post a pic when i'm home, but together with the settlement border expansion mod, Spring cleaning, settlement limit expanded, homemaker, all of DD mods and manually disabling the old cottage, Coastal cottage is a pretty neat place to build your player home. No need for settlers, just your own private place.

With the expanded border you can build on the bottom of the cliff up to the bridge and on top of the cliff.

I build a "sea view" villa with institute pieces for myself there. 6 story elevator going to the top of the cliff, leveled with foundations and a 5 story building on top of that walled off with covenant walls. Vertibird landing pad and plenty of space.

Waiting for more varied structures to build my very own "Tony Stark" home there :-)

Archived