help with nifskope editing

downjonsie

Figured out how to edit femalebody_1 to get a shiny gloss that doesn't look plastic. But, a bit disappointed it only affected nude bodies (I edited the head to match, so it doesn't look right when wearing armors) anyone know what file edits the body used for armors? Most particularly, nisitanakas bikini armors.

Yeap because most armors have a body in them that are used when you wear it. Too bad there isn't a tool like glossmax for skyrim with glossmax which is a oblivion tool you can gloss armor/outfit that have body parts in them by dragging and dropping them onto it's screen. For skyrim you have to manually do each and every one. And another neat option that glossmax has is that you can open it's ini file and set the gloss setting that you want and that will be what it glosses everything to.

Yeap because most armors have a body in them that are used when you wear it. Too bad there isn't a tool like glossmax for skyrim with glossmax which is a oblivion tool you can gloss armor/outfit that have body parts in them by dragging and dropping them onto it's screen. For skyrim you have to manually do each and every one. And another neat option that glossmax has is that you can open it's ini file and set the gloss setting that you want and that will be what it glosses everything to.

So, just open said armor in nifas I would body, and make the same changes?

Some armors might use different textures if you look at some sometimes there are some that are white that is because they are using the astrid textures if you are using a custom race check the texture paths and make sure they match the folder path for your players texture path for the body. Bodies also have a glossiness float and each body might have it set differently which will also effect how the gloss looks. Glossiness float is located under the BSLightingShaderProperty for the body.

post-25667-0-00342600-1452102879_thumb.jpg

As you can see the glossiness float for the body in this armor is set at 30.0000. 10.0000 is believe is min setting and the highest setting is 1000.0000 for max gloss. I haven't ever messed with the actual texture files as I have always just changed the glossiness float and now that I am using a gloss ENB that has the sole purpose of enhancing the glossiness float setting that is set in each nif so I don't have to mess with them. At the max glossiness float setting the body gets a oily look instead of glossy.

600 and 9 is what I normally use with a (1.1.1 colour or white)

It depends if you have and enb and what enb it is.

the highest I tried was 1200/50... its a lot and it looks like you were dipped in oil.

for some screen shots it looks awesome but for normal running around looks kinda dumb.

600 and 9 is what I normally use with a (1.1.1 colour or white)

It depends if you have and enb and what enb it is.

the highest I tried was 1200/50... its a lot and it looks like you were dipped in oil.

for some screen shots it looks awesome but for normal running around looks kinda dumb.

Right on. I use 600/9 too. Curious, though - when editing it for armors, which value do I use? Same as body_1? I know armors have a specular. I just don't wanna fuck it up lol

Some armors might use different textures if you look at some sometimes there are some that are white that is because they are using the astrid textures if you are using a custom race check the texture paths and make sure they match the folder path for your players texture path for the body. Bodies also have a glossiness float and each body might have it set differently which will also effect how the gloss looks. Glossiness float is located under the BSLightingShaderProperty for the body.

Yes, yes. I know how to edit gloss and spec strength. I km just curious to the set up for armors with an included body (which all seem to use my default real girl skin and sporty sweat spec.) What values are edited for armors? I know yhe have a specular as well. I just don't wanna fuck anything up. Would they be the same variables as the regular nude body?

And weird.. contrary to what you've said, I get get a white template in nifskope, but my textures display properly in game (being realgirl)

Each thing in a nif has it's own stuff attached to it so just click the body everything below the highlighted line in the left list is for the body till you hit the next line with a name as that is a different piece. If you change anything in one nif you must do it for the other one as well or nothing will change in game. Even if you set glossiness float past the max value it doesn't do anything it as it will only ever show 1000.0000. Use the same values that you used for the body or try a different value and check in game and see how they look.

• 1 month later...

Archived