Tilde Key not working

Has anyone else had a problem with there Tilde Key not working?

I noticed first on Oblivion but upon checking it is all my games where it doesn't function. The game is still playanle but I was wondering if anyone knows of a solution.

If you're talking about being unable to open the console, make sure you have bAllowConsole=1 in the [interface] section of your ini. If that's okay, do you have any keymapping mods active?

Yeah I've checked that line in the ini and its set 1, No I dont have any key mapping mods.

I've seen these as well and when I checked I havnt got IR on my laptop and the item(s) which they say to disable aren't present on my laptop

Well, I am not sure what kind of Laptop you have or if you have seen it, but I found this in one of the threads on steam:

Glad you got it to work, but for anyone else who this solution doesn't work for, on the off-chance that you're running on an Acer Aspire series laptop and you cannot get the tilde key to work in Morrowind or Oblivion, try this:

Goto:

Start->Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Device Manager

Expand the keyboards section and uninstall the "Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard" and "Microsoft eHome MCIR Keyboard" drivers.

Then run the game and it should work properly. This will not mess up your system and you should still be able to type properly, if not then reboot and it will work properly.

Sorry to hijack your thread but it took me ages to find a solution to this and I thought people should know. biggrin.gif

I have a Packard Bell Easynote TE. Yeah I had seen the thread thanks for checking though :)

K1RHgure.jpg

Looks like I have a different keyboard so no good trying that either :(

Have you checked/clicked the "Standard PS/2 Keydoard" and checked the drivers ?

Yeah they are working ok it would seem.

I also tried in game pressing Tilde, Shift+Tilde, Ctrl+Tilde and Alt+Tilde

No luck though Im afraid.

Archived