Anyone notcied this with Fallout 4 ??

D_ManXX2

Guest endgameaddiction

So consoles are finally catching up to my 3 year old machine? Whups, time to consider upgrading, or at least, finally watercooling.

One would think we would of been long gone from 64bit and more in the 98bit, but we have to slow down and let the console systems catch up. So really, how much are we advancing in tech if we are holding hands with console? Their the reason why hardware is so pricey. We could of been further in pc hardware a long time ago but since things are at a slow pace this means costs are effectively higher, because production sells slower,. Otherwise we would be upgrading pc hardware much quicker but the costing rates of pc parts would be more on a reasonable price. Not everyone can just toss 1k+ USD on a pre-built gaming rig or even more so building one.

So consoles are finally catching up to my 3 year old machine? Whups, time to consider upgrading, or at least, finally watercooling.

One would think we would of been long gone from 64bit and more in the 98bit, but we have to slow down and let the console systems catch up. So really, how much are we advancing in tech if we are holding hands with console? Their the reason why hardware is so pricey. We could of been further in pc hardware a long time ago but since things are at a slow pace this means costs are effectively higher, because production sells slower,. Otherwise we would be upgrading pc hardware much quicker but the costing rates of pc parts would be more on a reasonable price. Not everyone can just toss 1k+ USD on a pre-built gaming rig or even more so building one.

There is no reason to go more them 64bit, in 32bit we could have 4gb ram, in 64bit we can go to exabytes memory, the limit is in the cpu that don't have cache to handle this.

The GPU are advancing a lot, i have a 980ti and before i had a 780ti, the difference are amazing, the problem is in CPU, AMD just giveup the cpu war and will make only apu now, intel is alone in the market with some amazing cpu's, there is no normal app that needs more power that there is in the market, you can have a 5 years old cpu and a very good pc, i work with 3D so i need more and more power, but the normal user just don't need it.

If you want to blame anyone, blame mobiles, everyone is making ARM processor and our x86 processor are in the market limit.

There is no reason to go more them 64bit, in 32bit we could have 4gb ram, in 64bit we can go to exabytes memory, the limit is in the cpu that don't have cache to handle this.

The GPU are advancing a lot, i have a 980ti and before i had a 780ti, the difference are amazing, the problem is in CPU, AMD just giveup the cpu war and will make only apu now, intel is alone in the market with some amazing cpu's, there is no normal app that needs more power that there is in the market, you can have a 5 years old cpu and a very good pc, i work with 3D so i need more and more power, but the normal user just don't need it.

If you want to blame anyone, blame mobiles, everyone is making ARM processor and our x86 processor are in the market limit.

Okay, you're correct on your points except that AMD hasn't given up on the CPU war. In fact, their CPU's are just as effective as Intel's. It's just that Intel has paid people to use their products over any other for the last several years. Thus AMD CPU's haven't gotten as nearly as much publicity, but make no mistake, they're still making CPU's. Last year I built myself a rather cost-efficient gaming rig with an AMD CPU that has the price tag of an i3, but the power of an i5 with a 3.8ghz quad core, and it's been working marvelously - especially since amd GPU's and CPU's talk to each other better than any other pairing on the market and minimize that bottleneck. Mind you as well, that both XBOne and the PS4 use customized amd cpu's and gpu's for that very reason of minimizing that GPU to CPU bottleneck as well as cost efficiency.

I'm not starting a AMD vs Nvidia vs Intel thing, I think all three companies put out marvelous products, I just think you need to check your facts before making such a bold statement. Yes, there was an article about that four years ago, but AMD is still making strong CPU's.

Okay, you're correct on your points except that AMD hasn't given up on the CPU war. In fact, their CPU's are just as effective as Intel's. It's just that Intel has paid people to use their products over any other for the last several years. Thus AMD CPU's haven't gotten as nearly as much publicity, but make no mistake, they're still making CPU's. Last year I built myself a rather cost-efficient gaming rig with an AMD CPU that has the price tag of an i3, but the power of an i5 with a 3.8ghz quad core, and it's been working marvelously - especially since amd GPU's and CPU's talk to each other better than any other pairing on the market and minimize that bottleneck. Mind you as well, that both XBOne and the PS4 use customized amd cpu's and gpu's for that very reason of minimizing that GPU to CPU bottleneck as well as cost efficiency.

I'm not starting a AMD vs Nvidia vs Intel thing, I think all three companies put out marvelous products, I just think you need to check your facts before making such a bold statement. Yes, there was an article about that four years ago, but AMD is still making strong CPU's.

I wish with all my forces that you are correct... of course if you compare horsepower X horsepower AMD is cheaper, but when you go to highend, there is no amd for you, i am a guy who spend a lot in hardware, there is just no one amd cpu that i can buy that match my system, not even close, benchmark.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

About amd cpu's, the new zen maybe is a market change, something that we need, because the fx is that, they invested in apu now = mobile... what is terrible, because is very difficult to find a notebook with pure cpu and not that apu crap...

For nvidia and ati, i hate hard how nvidia do business, there is not a single action from nvidia that i think is cool, ati is the good guys, but in the end of the day i get nvidia because my gpu render is way faster in nvidia, in my experience from work, not games, my nvidia destroy any ati in gpu render, but again, that is terrible, i wish i had a option...

I agree with both of you, Nvidia's tactics recently have been pretty deplorable, Also, I'd like to build an amd machine at some point. but now my working and playing machine is fast and powerful enough for my needs, so the AMD will be more of an overclocking hobby machine.

AMD isn't as big into overclocking as Intel is, but many of their CPU's - like the AMD Athlon x4 760K I have, is less than $100 but packs as much of a punch as an Intel $560 i7 cpu (I'm looking at you i7 3770) and isn't as susceptible to overheating. However, if you get a third party heat sink, people have reported of OCing the 3.8ghz processor up to 4.2ghz. Regardless, those CPU's are kinda old now as the newest ones are octocores with 4.0+ ghz from AMD.

I wish with all my forces that you are correct... of course if you compare horsepower X horsepower AMD is cheaper, but when you go to highend, there is no amd for you, i am a guy who spend a lot in hardware, there is just no one amd cpu that i can buy that match my system, not even close, benchmark.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

About amd cpu's, the new zen maybe is a market change, something that we need, because the fx is that, they invested in apu now = mobile... what is terrible, because is very difficult to find a notebook with pure cpu and not that apu crap...

For nvidia and ati, i hate hard how nvidia do business, there is not a single action from nvidia that i think is cool, ati is the good guys, but in the end of the day i get nvidia because my gpu render is way faster in nvidia, in my experience from work, not games, my nvidia destroy any ati in gpu render, but again, that is terrible, i wish i had a option...

That's where the miscommunication entered - no there is no 'highend' sure, but when Intel puts out a thousand dollar card, AMD is into undercutting by matching that card with a very affordable price. The best card from AMD on Newegg is at $300 with a 4.7ghz octocore. Is that cutting edge? No. But then again, it's also far beyond what modern games require to run. Dare I say beyond what most 3D software need to run smoothly and it's affordable versus the generic thousand dollar card from Intel.

As for nvidia and amd(mind you ati was bought out by amd years ago), I'm waiting until they release the new architectures later this year which boasts 16+ gb of GPU minimum.

Haha running it with 4GB on a 5 year old dual core piece of shit  :blush:

I'm slowly walking it with my 6 year old emachine.

Never ever ever ever get an emachine. That company does nothing but throw all the worst pieces together and puts a small price tag on it that is far more expensive than the computer as a whole is worth.

Archived