Short female bathrobe

View File

This shortens the female version of the bathrobe. Unlike my topless Grognak, this mod edits the mesh, material and texture files and is my first stepping stone to greater things. Install it by putting the contents in your data directory or using NMM.

If you want to see more of my current Tryout mod and support me as I start into Fallout 4 modding, consider supporting my Patreon.

I have an idea for a mod that should be possible that I want to try out. This would be a sort of a concept mod... may I borrow that bathrobe?

If what I'm trying to do is possible, I may want two more bathrobe meshes: one full length with an open front and one short length with an open front. I'm gunna try an make a mod that will allow people to mod the bathrobe in a workbench to make it open, closed, short or long. And if you don't want to make those meshes, I'm fully capable.

Anyway, the mod idea itself is to add variance to clothes, so through the workbench, people can mould their clothes any way they want. Later on maybe add clothing sizes and even further down the pipeline (years), maybe a BU sort of thing.

Also a more translucent version, as well...

Preferably craftable versions as well, as there's nothing that screams hardcore more, than going into battle wearing nothing but a skimpy bathrobe... :)

Any chance for even shorter version that shows a bit of ass?

Seconded.

Problem with that is if I make it shorter, you'll see the only part of the body in the mesh is the legs. If I can figure out how to merge two different nifs, this wouldn't be an issue - using copy branch in nifskope and then pasting the branch doesn't seem to work right.

I have an idea for a mod that should be possible that I want to try out. This would be a sort of a concept mod... may I borrow that bathrobe?

If what I'm trying to do is possible, I may want two more bathrobe meshes: one full length with an open front and one short length with an open front. I'm gunna try an make a mod that will allow people to mod the bathrobe in a workbench to make it open, closed, short or long. And if you don't want to make those meshes, I'm fully capable.

Anyway, the mod idea itself is to add variance to clothes, so through the workbench, people can mould their clothes any way they want. Later on maybe add clothing sizes and even further down the pipeline (years), maybe a BU sort of thing.

You have my permission to experiment all you want. But what you want to do isn't possible without being able to load the mesh into Blender or 3DS Max and exporting a working nif, which no one's figured out how to do yet.

You have my permission to experiment all you want. But what you want to do isn't possible without being able to load the mesh into Blender or 3DS Max and exporting a working nif, which no one's figured out how to do yet.

Thank you, but I do beg to differ about working nifs. Caliente has her body mod that she's been working with (with in-game screen shots) as well as the darth vader mask and light saber mod. So I know it is possible to put custom meshes in now.

You can copy paste meshes from one nifskope to another. The name of the 0 Ninode must be the same for both meshes.

Then there's the bones issue. If you try to copy mesh A into mesh B and mesh B complains that a bone from A is missing, just copy it from A before copying the mesh. After copying the bone, give it the same name it had in mesh A, because nifskope will change it's name. Once the mesh is successfully copied, try it immediately in game, because sometimes the process will just produce garbage (exploding polys or just crashing the game)

If it works, you will most likely have to face clipping issues, which can be solved by deforming the mesh by moving it's vertices in nifskope.

So copying and pasting is pretty much the same as it is for skyrim then. One thing you will have to make sure to watch out for then when pasting something from one nif to another is to make sure nifskope doesn't name anything you pasted into a different nif scene root if it does you have to change the name to something else as long as it's no scene root. As that can cause different problems CTD's and tools many not work when they hit that spot like Gerra6's clothing converter and mesh rigger will crash when they hit a piece named scene root. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank goodness someone is doing stuff for the vanilla body. Didn't want every single mod to be for CBBE. Anything vanilla works for Busty GRRL, which requires...nothing.

Are we able to get nifs to Blender/Max yet? If so, I'm gonna make a bunch of dildos strap-ons and buttplugs n' stuff. Handcuffs are already in the game. :P

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...