Solitude Men's Club

Guest ffabris

[sigh]

Ctrl + F for "cell" on the description page shows nothing relevant.
Inside of the posts of the thread there is this: 
"Solitude Club now split into two cells. "
There is no explanation. Nothing from the previous posts suggests this will happen.
Now I only played it for several minutes and I think that this is incorrect - I think the cells are 3 - the entry room, the club and the basement.

The club was foyer plus baths. The club was split into two. So the total is now three cells.

I actually have an idea why. You scan the cell for horny dudes and you don't want the bathers rushing away upstairs out of player's view. This would not happen downstairs as there is no navmesh there, however there is such upstairs because of the followers and visitors. But this seems easy to fix without punishing the player with yet another loading screen - you know who the NPC's in the entry room are so it is quite easy to disregard them. I've become member of the club 5 times now and it is always the same dude who takes my 500 septims. It should be quite easy to exclude him (and his colleague) from all SL calls.

I don't want to exclude them, if they aren't working. The attendants can participate in "random sex" if they are not on shift. Adding checks for that is long and unnecessary.

As I said, the reason was to make the AI look more natural. But there is a second reason: making the 'random sex" code work in multiple mods (ie, the add-ons). It is silly to have basically the same code repeated in each mod. So I made the code more generic, and now check for a specific cell marker. I want "random sex" to happen in any cell with that marker. I do not want it to happen in club entrances (ie, the foyer in Solitude, the upper floors in Windhelm and Riften). So the foyer was made separate also for that reason. Game design.

Anyways, the wall is not of my making. There is no real reason to impose 2 loading screens with 10 walking steps between them. Nothing can justify that.

Talk to Bethesda too then, since they also have interiors with multiple small cells.

And yes the "wall" is of your making: you are not required to use a mod that increased load door wait time - you decided to use it.

And there is no reason why a mod would require FloppySOS which already contains settings for all NPC's and which is and always was buggy and weird as hell - except to prevent people from using it.

Uhm, FloppySOS isn't a requirement for this mod. And I am removing it from my other mods (those that have it) when I update them. When I released those mods, FloppySOS as yet had no easy way to add the floppy effects to NPCs. Now it does. Even so, it is trivial to remove it using TES5Edit. If you don't know how, all you needed to do was ask.

And to say I do it to prevent people from using it .... well... LOL! OK then! :D

Anyway, enough. Sorry if you're not happy with my choices.

Anyway, enough. Sorry if you're not happy with my choices.

Fair enough.

I'm trying to provide a constructive logical feedback. If it is not wanted - no problems :-)

P.S. I hope a non-floppy update for The Scarlett comes soon :-)

P.P.S. I need to say this... Loading screen just so you make 10 steps before another loading screen is not a "design", it's a punishment. 

Guest ffabris

P.S. I hope a non-floppy update for The Scarlett comes soon :-)

No plans for that. Remove it with TES5Edit, if you like. 

P.P.S. I need to say this... Loading screen just so you make 10 steps before another loading screen is not a "design", it's a punishment. 

LOL! Ok then.

Changing the subject, if you want to keep the masturbation hotkey could you add the option to unmap it in the MCM? I really don't want to have to put it somewhere else.

I've noticed that visitor NPCs tend to go through Erikur's house to reach the Solitude club, and the markers for the quest leads through that house as well.

Plus some of the included bathers have the infamous grey face bug, namely Talan in my game (the guy that gives you the Riften quest, I don't know if the name is generated or something) and the two dudes you "interview" in the Riften Club.

P.S. Actually several of the bathers have their face of a different color from the body, and some have the aforementioned bug.

And the map marker for the Riften Club only appears when you mouse over it, has an icon I've never seen before (a circle with a black center), and when you're close to the Club it shows up on the compass as a red dot, like the one that enemies have. Are you using a custom map marker mod perhaps?

Also the lighting inside the Riften Club entrance is pretty wonky, with lights moving weirdly.

Sorry for the load of bug reports, but i wrote these as i went.

Guest ffabris

Changing the subject, if you want to keep the masturbation hotkey could you add the option to unmap it in the MCM? I really don't want to have to put it somewhere else.

I don't know of a way to unmap it. I may just remove it. How is the current hotkey creating a problem?

I've noticed that visitor NPCs tend to go through Erikur's house to reach the Solitude club, and the markers for the quest leads through that house as well.

I know about the marker - I don't know why that happens. :-| I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure it out.

Plus some of the included bathers have the infamous grey face bug, namely Talan in my game (the guy that gives you the Riften quest, I don't know if the name is generated or something) and the two dudes you "interview" in the Riften Club.

P.S. Actually several of the bathers have their face of a different color from the body, and some have the aforementioned bug.

I think that issue is your end. Anyone else have this?

And the map marker for the Riften Club only appears when you mouse over it, has an icon I've never seen before (a circle with a black center), and when you're close to the Club it shows up on the compass as a red dot, like the one that enemies have. Are you using a custom map marker mod perhaps?

Nope, the marker is vanilla. No clue on that one either.

Also the lighting inside the Riften Club entrance is pretty wonky, with lights moving weirdly.

Shadows ... most of the lights thee are shadow casting.

Closing the previous subject I want to apologize for over-reacting and going out of line in such a stupid way. I'm sorry about that!

Thank you, prinyo. :)

The hotkey isn't really a problem, i just put that out simply to have an ulterior option. I know there are some mods that have configurable hotkeys like this, but also by pressing T instead of enter when selecting it you unmap it and just shows a ??? where the key should be.

And for the marker probably the only option would be to bulldoze that house!  :lol:

I just tested it and I can confirm that the NPC's prefer to go via the house - my follower did that several times when we exited the club. In fact he "teleports" from one door of the house to the other.

Also I can confirm the hidden enemy just in front of the Riften club. When I arrived there I was attacked by a dragon but even after I killed it the red mark stayed. 

I did not have any problems with grey faces, all bathers look nicely tanned all over :-)

The Riften basement seems to hang in space. The only way to exit it is fast travel. 

It is a bit spooky that the Riften bathers have glowing eyes :-)

Guest ffabris

The hotkey isn't really a problem, i just put that out simply to have an ulterior option. I know there are some mods that have configurable hotkeys like this, but also by pressing T instead of enter when selecting it you unmap it and just shows a ??? where the key should be.

Hum ... Well, I didn't know that holding 'N' would trigger masturbation, which is why I added that in the first place. So the easiest might be to just remove it.

And for the marker probably the only option would be to bulldoze that house!  :lol:

I suspect that's the result of an accidental setting on the marker. I'll have a look later, once I get my new game to a stable point.

I did not have any problems with grey faces, all bathers look nicely tanned all over :-)

Thanks for confirming that. :)

The Riften basement seems to hang in space. The only way to exit it is fast travel. 

It is a bit spooky that the Riften bathers have glowing eyes :-)

Huhwut? I've been in/out of that basement many times, so I'm confused. Also not sure what you mean about the eyes.

Those are several screenshots. 

I guess the thing with the eyes is because of the lights and some other mod I'm using because my follower also gets the same effect.

post-925979-0-78573300-1451950252_thumb.jpg post-925979-0-97926200-1451950253_thumb.jpg post-925979-0-93547400-1451950255_thumb.jpg

This is the basement the way it appears after entering it.

post-925979-0-63770900-1451950257_thumb.jpg

And when I try to exit I fall down to the same spot.

post-925979-0-11013300-1451950259_thumb.jpg

Guest ffabris

Wow! Anyone else have that issue with the basement?

Added: OK, I saw the basement vanish as well. Looks like a part of the cell is being disabled along with animals. Misclick I guess. [blush]

Anyway, I think I've fixed the marker issues with Erikur's house, and Riften as well. Still testing.

Guest ffabris

I did a quick test before going to work now and I can confirm that the Riften basement and the markers for both clubs are fixed :-) Thanks!

And thanks a lot for The Scarlett update!

Thanks for confirming - and welcome for the update. :)

I did some research and yup the grey face bug is my fault, sorry for bothering.

No bother at all! Out of curiosity, what was the problem?

Do NPC swim or use the showers? I haven't seen them do it once.

Not seen them shower either. There is a marker there, so not sure why it isn't used. As for swimming ... rarely, I guess. I had a choice when creating their package: either have them sandbox around a specific marker (which is how it was before I split the Solitude foyer/baths into two cells), or have them sandbox just in the cell.

Using the first of these, the NPCs tended to cluster round the marker. I had it in the pool, more or less in the center of the baths, so you would usually find a whole bunch all together swimming. Using the second package type, they seem to completely avoid it. Overall, for other reasons, I prefer the second package, even if it does seem to mean they don't swim.

I used the SetNPCWeight command (snpcw) with an older version of this mod, so the NPC's appearance was edited in my save. So when I updated, the edited version of the NPC that was already in my save overwrote the one from the mod itself, creating the bug. But don't take my word for it, this is just what I read somewhere.

Game crashes for me as soon as it enters Bethesda logo. So I cannot play the game if i don't remove the mod. I do not use NMM or such. Any help?

You're missing a requirement.

Read the requirements and check if you have them all installed.

I bet you're missing the piercing set.

Game crashes for me as soon as it enters Bethesda logo. So I cannot play the game if i don't remove the mod. I do not use NMM or such. Any help?

Oops, you're right. Stupid me downloaded it and completely forgot to install. Well, thank you!

Guest ffabris

Oops, you're right. Stupid me downloaded it and completely forgot to install. Well, thank you!

I wish all problems were this simple. ;)

I wish all problems were this simple. ;)

lol

imagine that.