The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll

Guest nvidiot

Guest nvidiot

Dear LL community,

Ever since I upgraded and then clean formatted to Windows 10, the game refuses to launch and simply gives this error "The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll". This happens whenever I try to load an ENB preset on Fallout 3. I'm currently using Midhrastic's 2.0a ENB.

From what I've investigated, the DXGI.dll & DXGI.fx are the culprits. When I either remove them or rename them, the game loads up properly and plays perfectly fine without any issues. However, that seems to disable most of the ENB effects. If this is under notice already, I'd really appreciate if anyone could shed some light on how to fix this problem under windows 10.

My specs

Core i5 750 @ 3.8Ghz

Asus P7P55D Motherboard

8GB DDR3 1600

Geforce GTX 760 2GB

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Kingston V300 240GB SSD

2x1TB Seagate 7200 RPM

500GB WD Black

Corsair RM750 PSU

5 120mm fans in CM 690II case
Windows 10 (updated)

Guest nvidiot

Guys,

The game I'm having issue with is Fallout 3 Game of the year edition on steam. SKyrim works just fine. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the game numerous, it didn't work.

The link posted is how I discovered about what the problem really is. it was suggested in that link to either remove or rename the 2 culprit files. However, I wish to know a permanent fix to the problem.

I recently had this problem I removed  "dxgi.dll" and "dxgi.fx" from my skyrim directory along with any sweetfx files and the message stopped appearing.

However i do believe that those 2 files are the main issue of that error message.

Otherwise i was not able to find away around it i just had to change up my ENB.

It seems to be just one of those unfixable situations unless you wanna mash ok until the game starts up.

EDIT: just to be clear although the solution I found was for skyrim the actual cause of this issue is to do with sweetfx and removing these files above will work regardless of the game in theory

Archived